Totally Custom Asajj Ventress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should tone down the photoshop darkness/
lighting effects, so we can see more of the awesome details
on everything. Right now, a good part of the outfit detail is
lost in darkness.

What I can see looks great..but we want more to see..:lol

That's all just lighting, no photoshop, but this was back when I didn't have much in the way of lights or the ability to use them. I think those where all taken with just a single light. This thread is from over three years ago.

I'd take new pics but both Asajj's have been packed up for years.

Your Ventress custom is brilliant dedguy! :clap

It completely schools the stock SSC version, very well done all round. :rock

This is why I can't stand most of their 1/6 SW offerings - you think about what they COULD be.. compared to what they release.

Pathetic.. :monkey4

And in truth Asajj is one of their best female releases... but still is a weak figure :lol

I think the only female figure they did well (even if the head's a bit oversized) is the Boussh figure. The rest have been pretty terrible with Padme being atrociously so :lol

Well if you ever wanna sell that Ventress let me know! Highly unlikely I know but if she's just sitting in a box I figured I'd throw it out there.
How exactly did you go about creating the outfit?

A variety of technique all done without sewing. It's all held together with carpet tape and fabric glue. Part of why I would never sell it and why I want to re-do it, it's very ramshackle.

still by far THE baddest Asajj figure ever, sooo gona have to try to replicate this for myself,lol, hope you don't mind, dedguy, but its the only way i can own one!!!, she is my mrs fav sw character.

Same here. She is by far my favorite. I loved all the stuff with her in the last couple seasons of Clone Wars.

yeah fo sho dude! they sooooo need to have her in the new show their working on, she is so bad a$$!!, bein lookin for headsculptsi can use but non ive seen so far have THAT asajj look that yours has, proberly cause its the sideshow exclusive...mrs is already huntin down fabric, i also prefer the no pupil look, jus more sinister. did you custom make the gauntlets? they are shhweeet!

Agreed, Dedguy can you give a little gauntlet tutorial? I'm buying this figure off of someone and I'm going to try and replicate most of what you've done. I'm also going to do a little sculpting on one of the heads for that more "alien" look Ventress had in the cgi Clone Wars series, mostly the sharper features and the expanded bridge of the nose.

I think they'e just bits of leather tied together. As I said previously this custom is very old and also packed up. Sorry I wish I could be more help.

I don't see why I shouldn't reply. I'm happy people still enjoy it, I just wish I had better pictures and more advice on what the hell I did. This was one of the first complete customs I did and there was a lot of learning garnered from it.

Back