1/6 Clint Eastwood Blondie Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismadjock

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi

Working on my custom Clint Blondie figure which I have been doing for a while now. A labour of love really. Getting there but still not quite finished. Thought I'd share with you guys some photos, the kit bash I used and basic process.

Body: HeadPlay Narrow Shoulder 1:6 Scale Action Figure Male Body Toys for TTM18 TTM19
Custom Made Head Sculpt + hat and cigar (ebay-think this must be a iminime replica or something? Not expensive)
ACI Toys 1/6 Moda 722b_ Oxford Shirt (dyed blue and weathered)
Black neckerchief -I used a 1/6 black neck tie i got with a shirt
as0080 Brown Leather Belt for 1/6 Figure (ebay)-(repainted correct brown)
Crazy Owners 1/6 Blue Jeans (dyed darker and weathered)
Boots from battlegeartoys (weathered)
Poncho, gun, holster and hat (all repainted and weathered) from: Old Days of Yore -Custom work. Thanks to Michael and Sharon Saltsman

AWAITING: Custom spurs, sheepskin vest and also leather wrist brace (clint wore in Few dollars more) from Stevos Toys.

One thing about the Headplay body ( I regret now) is it's the type that has a hole area where the neck meets the chest. So if you want to display clint with just the vest and an open shirt it won't look too good as theres a big hole. Can't be bothered changing it now but in hindsight would rather have a body where the neck an chest are one piece.

I swapped the Headplay hands with Hot toys Arnie T2 hands which look more realistic, also weathered them a little with dirt marks and painted the nails (slightly).

Old Days of Yore done a good job with the hat which is proper fabric but I still done a bit of work on it. I lowered the crown, trimmed and re-glued back in position. Repainted the hat belt piece black and spayed the fabric with acrylic paint to a more movie accurate colour, then weathered.

Wondered if there was a way to make doll clothing drape on the figure better so I soaked the shirt and Poncho in a mix of white vinegar and fabric conditioner (for days) to try and make them a lot softer and foldable. Not sure if this made much of a difference though. **WOULD LOVE TO KNOW A WAY TO DO THIS, ANY TIPS, ANYONE!!! Dyed the shirt blue and weathered. Repainted both belts and holster to make more movie accurate. Then repainted gun - started with Alclad chrome the applied black acrylics and wiped some of to reveal chrome underneath. Not quite got the gold right on this (may revisit). Sprayed some black acrylic on the jeans (still not dark enough, may revisit with a dark blue/black). Had to cut the boots down, the jeans just wouldn't fit properly over them and it looked a silly.

Final touches would be weathering with soft pastels which is easy and effective but tends to rub of. I'm sure there are ways to make pastels a bit more permanent and I'm still trying with this, again **ANY TIPS!.

As said, work in progress.

Oh, and still yet to make diorama base for him.

Here are Pics

Cheers guys

Attachments

• IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    544.3 KB · Views: 240