Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember... I just want to know nowww. :lol So far this series of Torchwood is looking really good. Now if only we could get Ashes to Ashes to start here two weeks after the UK.

Well if you really want to know...........

.spoiler

Grey turns out to be Jacks younger brother, who he was separated from for reasons that will become clear in another episode.

AHHH! Well that is interesting. Still... I wonder if Grey and Jack's friend couldn't be one in the same. He is a liar and a con man after all :lol

So what did we think of the new episode, well new to the US? I thought it was really good and so far this season is much stronger than last. I wonder if the sleeper cell will be a long arc? We must be getting closer to Martha's entrance though.

So what did we think of the new episode, well new to the US? I thought it was really good and so far this season is much stronger than last. I wonder if the sleeper cell will be a long arc? We must be getting closer to Martha's entrance though.

episode 3 is very good but spoiled by 1 unnecessary scene of man kissing :rolleyes:

and the preview for eps 4 looks excellent "alien meat industry"

According to the official Torchwood magazine which has just been released in the UK, Martha will appear in episode 6.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series, the second was ok, but found the third one a little disappointing. I won#t spoil any details for US fans who have yet to see it but it's alot like a story they did last year just with two different characters. It was very disappointing IMHO.

I wondered whether the Sleeper Cell would come back, the Grey storyline seems like it's unresolved too, but will be picked up in a later episode. Makes me think Torchwood might do an SG1 and start doing episodes which then have sequel stories down the line.

As for all the "man love" in Torchwood at the minute, it seems a bit over the top for the series. I'm not remotely homophobic but it does seem like they're playing the bi sexual aspects of the character's just for effect rather than seriously looking at the issues those characters would face.

I'm all for equality but the way RTD is attempting to make bisexual or homosexual characters more acceptable to mainstream audiences is totally inept and ultimately will lead to people switching channels. The odd remark or bit of innuendo in Doctor Who was tolerable but all the stuff in Torchwood adds nothing to the show and seems to be included just so RTD and his flunkies can say "look how PC we are".

Davoes just isn't a good writer, full stop. His stories are either contrived or just bad....like others I have no problems with his homosexuality issues but, c'mon....every epsiode? And episode 3 was dull, in trying to make us connect with characters I was just bored by the end.

So one good episode and 2 weak ones to follow....they better do something pretty damn sharpish to improve.

I thought eps 1 and 2 were really strong, much stronger than last series stuff. Ep 3 airs here next weekend.

And about Davies, if it weren't for him we probably wouldn't have Doctor Who at all now. Sure some of his work might not have been the best but he helped to get the show back on the air and for that he deserves some credit.

Watching these here in the UK, and I have to say everything I had a problem with in season 1 (although we still watched and enjoyed it... just ended up saying "I wish they did this different... i wish they hadnt done that...") ...everything about season 1 we didnt like they've fixed.

This new season seems much stronger. The characters are better, writing better, the visual look seems more coherent somehow. Not sure if it's the lighting.. the direction or what, but something makes it feel stronger and just more together.

The first two episode were fantastic... not a single thing we didn't like. And that is unheard of for us watching torchwood. (and that included the men-kissing... we don't have a problem with that, these people are supposed to have a passion for each other.... whether visible or hidden under the surface, and you know what happens when two people have a passion for each other? ... they kiss!)

They've done a really good job so far :rock

Wow.......double episode last night, first contains a lot about Jack's past & the 2nd has Martha Jones in it & a 3rd big event happens also but I'm not spoiling it for you guys (and I don't think anyone else should)

But this is a spoiler thread! Spoil away! I don't think the US is getting any double doses anytime soon, and i really want to see how Martha is on Torchwood.

But this is a spoiler thread! Spoil away! I don't think the US is getting any double doses anytime soon, and i really want to see how Martha is on Torchwood.

OK I'll divulge some of what happened,
Episode 1 featured a bad guy who was able to manipulate memories.
During the course of the story it was revealed that Grey was Jack's younger brother and he was lost amid the chaos of an alien invasion of his homeworld. There were several flashbacks showing young Jack with Grey and his father which were quite well done and overall the story was a good one. The next episode had the team investigating a medical facility called the "Pharm".
Now a member of UNIT Martha showed up to assist them in infiltrating the facility where it was discovered they were using alien test subjects including Weevils to try and make new "miracle" cures for diseases. The big moment at the end saw one of the TW team shot dead by the head doctor at the "Pharm" who was played by the actor that used to be Jim Robinson in Aussie soap Neighbours. The story continues next week with the autopsy of the dead team member and what appears to be a church full of Weevils!

Totally enough spoiler stuff right there! I KNEW a death was coming in Torchwood... but now Im afraid to find out who. And that I actually don't want to know. :lol It's also interesting that Jack ISN'T from Earth (if I take what you said correctly) and so Wikipedia has some rewriting to do about Jack being human and FoB being the oldest human alive etc.

Totally enough spoiler stuff right there! I KNEW a death was coming in Torchwood... but now Im afraid to find out who. And that I actually don't want to know. :lol It's also interesting that Jack ISN'T from Earth (if I take what you said correctly) and so Wikipedia has some rewriting to do about Jack being human and FoB being the oldest human alive etc.

I can't remember if the world was named but it definitely wasn't Earth so Wikipedia's gonna have to get updated for sure. Both episodes were enjoyable particularly the second one and Martha fitted in very well.

Now I can't wait to see them over here. We are getting Meat this weekend, which means 2 more weeks until I get to see Martha again. But then, around the time Torchwood ends, S4 of Who should be starting.

I can't remember if the world was named but it definitely wasn't Earth so Wikipedia's gonna have to get updated for sure. Both episodes were enjoyable particularly the second one and Martha fitted in very well.

Jack is from the BoeShane Cluster, hence the name The Face of Boe...

And that's where things get tricky, as the Face of Boe was said to be from the Silver Devastation, but Jack is from the BoeShane Peninsula now the BoeShane Cluster...

Or RTD doesn't have the tightest of control. :lol It's just the small continuity things that kill me especially when you have the same people working on the shows.

Back