Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone catch the latest episode?
I have a question about the ending:
Spoiler Spoiler:

It might be a stupid question but just curious what anyone else thinks about it.

Did anyone catch the latest episode?
I have a question about the ending:
Spoiler Spoiler:

It might be a stupid question but just curious what anyone else thinks about it.

I'll say
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just watched the latest episode and liked it a lot. If they don't start letting us in on more information about the miracle, I'm going to start checking out. I LOVE the show, but it's starting to wear thin on me.

And it's a bummer what happened to
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll say
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:

The big revelation (at least to me) was..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just watched tonight's episode. Very emotional,towards the end.
A lot was revealed about the Miracle,I won't say what,not even in
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious to see how they tie the whole thing up in one episode. There was way too much wheel spinning with this series.

Have to say this show has jumped the shark, wrestled with it and ended up getting eviscerated by it.

What I found charming with Jack was that he was always one step ahead and in control. Now he's not only not the leader of the group but he's getting kidnapped, beat up and being very un-Jack.

And I have no problem with the gay thing, but he was a lot more fun when he was omnisexual and his sexuality wasn't the be-all and end-all of his character.

If they do another season like this - I don't know that I'll bother even Tivoing it.

What I found charming with Jack was that he was always one step ahead and in control. Now he's not only not the leader of the group but he's getting kidnapped, beat up and being very un-Jack.

Well he IS very un-Jack because he's the only person in the world who's mortal after the "miracle".

I just watched the season finale and it goes out with a bang!
Nicely wrapped up and well worth the wait!
Can't wait to see if STARZ picks it up for another season!

I thought the series was too long and drawn out, but that was one hell of a payoff. If it had been 5 episodes instead of 10, I think it could have been right up there with Children of Earth. Hope we get another series.

I just watched the season finale and it goes out with a bang!
Nicely wrapped up and well worth the wait!
Can't wait to see if STARZ picks it up for another season!

Let's hope not. If this was the best they could do - they should have left it for dead. The season long story arc does not work - if it's full of twists and turns like a Game of Thrones or Spartacus - but this was just boring. I found myself fastforwarding through a lot of it and not missing a single story point or character beat.

Spoiler Spoiler:
WTF x 1000!!!!

Just caught up on the last 4 episodes that I missed and I thought the payoff was quite good. Didn't see
Spoiler Spoiler:

Let's hope not. If this was the best they could do - they should have left it for dead. The season long story arc does not work - if it's full of twists and turns like a Game of Thrones or Spartacus - but this was just boring. I found myself fastforwarding through a lot of it and not missing a single story point or character beat.

Spoiler Spoiler:
WTF x 1000!!!!

Oh I know. I mean for christ sake what were you thinking Russell??? :dunno

Apart from a couple of episodes I thought the whole thing fell very flat. What a shame. :(

And I have no problem with the gay thing, but he was a lot more fun when he was omnisexual and his sexuality wasn't the be-all and end-all of his character.

Just caught this quote, I have to disagree that Captain Jack was ever about anything except sexuality. Pretty shallow character developed by a homosexual to try to show that "homosexuals are heroes too". Nothing wrong with the character being gay by any means, it was just always agenda driven, IMO.

I think the biggest problem with Miracle Day (aside from it just flat out being too long), was that it wasn't Torchwood. It was a generic sci-fi espionage thriller with a couple of Torchwood characters in it. I did think it ended strong, so I would like one more series to see where they take it, but they've got to make Torchwood a real organization again, and Jack has to be more than a guest star in his own series.

Watched it last night.didn't like the Rex been immortal part.Only hope is that they make an American Torchwood with Rex and Jack goes back to Cardiff. It really didn't feel like Torchwood this time.

Finally got to watch Miracle Day now that it's on Netflix. Overall, I liked it. It was good, but not even close to Children of Earth. It took me a while to warm up to Rex, but in the end, I liked him.

I had some "SQUEEEEEE!!!" moments when Jack would mention The Doctor and moments with guest stars like Ernie Hudson and especially that scene with Nana Visitor and John de Lancie. :panic:

I had major problems with episode 7:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last thing I wanna talk about is Gwen. This was Gwen's series, imo. I was kind of indifferent to Gwen before this series, but now I'm a pretty big fan. She had more emotion than the rest of the cast combined, and had many kick ass action moments. If not for Gwen, I don't think I would have enjoyed this series as much as I did.

Going forward, if there is a series 5, I hope Torchwood goes back to being "above the government, beyond the police" instead of this rag-tag group of semi-terrorists they've been portrayed as for the past two series.

Back