Torchwood -Declassified (Spoiler thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Semi old news but its interesting to find out that Marsters will be in the premier and also that Freema hasnt shot her stuff yet.

550x370torchwoods02casthd5.jpg

HELLO new background! Thanks Karma.

Thanks Memnoch, I totally forgot about the Torchwood thread :lol

BBC must not have been kidding when they said Torchwood was a hit in the US, since they're so eager to capitalize with season 2.

I think it also has to do with the fact that for the panel at SDCC over half the room had already seen Torchwood S1 before it aired in the US. They saw the demand and then they saw the ratings on BBC America so it was only natural that they air it so close to the UK airings. I won't have to download this season, now lets hope Sci Fi follows through with Who in the same way.

I think it also has to do with the fact that for the panel at SDCC over half the room had already seen Torchwood S1 before it aired in the US. They saw the demand and then they saw the ratings on BBC America so it was only natural that they air it so close to the UK airings. I won't have to download this season, now lets hope Sci Fi follows through with Who in the same way.

Were you at SDCC when they did Torchwood? Someone revlead the ending to the first episode, saying something like: "why did you have to shoot one of the torchwood employees at the end?" or something like that. It was hilarious. Honestly, if I knew they were going to only talk about the first season, I wouldn't have gone. THhey were talking about the series that was already one year old. But I digress, can't wait until January

I was there indeed and we got SOME bits about S2 but I was more irked that the COMPLETE panel had changed. No JB, No Eve Miles and No Julie Gardner. Instead we got the writers and the special effects guys.

Looking forward to Torchwood, read an interview regarding it and apparently this year we'll see less of the brooding Jack from season one, since his business with the Doctor is now resolved and more of the fun loving Jack from his appearances on DW. On the basis of that alone season two should be a big improvement on season one. Hopefully they'll focus more on the plots as well and less on the pointless sex and swearing.

I kinda like this show, but was totally put off by what I saw as pointless bi-curious crap in the latest episode I saw on BBC America.

I kinda like this show, but was totally put off by what I saw as pointless bi-curious crap in the latest episode I saw on BBC America.

They seem to do those sort of plots to make them "adult", but IMO, it just makes it look like they are reaching and can't write a decent plot and have to result to sex

The only plot that came close to having a point for the sex was the one with the out of time pilot chick. That I think was the strongest show of the Series with the best written being Random Shoes. There are good episodes they are just a little rough.

Random Shoes was my favorite episode and what I thought was the most poignant and thought provoking based on the writing and theme itself without needing cheap ploys like the bisexuality.

Random Shoes was my favorite episode and what I thought was the most poignant and thought provoking based on the writing and theme itself without needing cheap ploys like the bisexuality.

:clap I always knew I liked you Prog :lol I think if we see more writing like Random Shoes and even the better parts of the 2 parter finale then the next series will be fantastic. I've accepted that there will be LGTB issues but when they have a point to the plot that's fine. Throwing them in as an after thought, not so much. Hell that even goes for the straight sex too. If it works in story context great, if not, DON'T USE IT! Same goes for the language although they seemed to get a better handle on that by the end.

I remember reading somewhere (may have been here...) that the Torchwood writers didn't know the actors very well and therefore didn't trust in their abilities to get the story out properly. Therefore, they added dialog that would normally be not necessary if the actor gave a strong performance (getting certain emotions across, that kind of thing). Perhaps that why the sex is so prevalent in the show? I don't know if I explained that well, I wish I had a link to where I read that.

All I know is that season 2 is when everything changes, and we've got to be ready. :D

Ya know with Marsters playing a Time Agent.. I'd love for it to be his vortex manipulator that the Family of Blood gets a hold of eventually. We all know Jack's becomes a basis for his home grown TARDIS :monkey3

I am just finished with episode 12 of season 1 from Comcast OnDemand BBC America. I think there must be a lot that I haven't been privy to yet.

There was too much focus on sexuality in Torchwood. The only episode I enjoyed for it was the second one where the alien fed off orgasmic energy because it was played mainly for comedy value and reminded me a little of Buffy and Angel episodes.

The rest of time it just seemed so forced, Yanto kisses Jack, although in episode four he has a girlfriend whose half Cyberman that he's willing to die for, so how does it make sense he would be so totally devoted to her when he's also bi sexual?

The character of Owen was completely destroyed by sex in the show, first episode he attempts to committ date rape using alien technology (great way to introduce a character we're supposed to like to us) then he shags Gwen behind Reece's back, then dumps Gwen the minute the girl from the past comes to town, then we're expected to believe that he is really in love with this girl and feel sorry for him. He just came off as a complete Jerk all season.

So yeah if they cut down on the sex for sex's sake stuff and focus more on the supernatural and monster elements of the story Torchwood could have a bright future. I think they need to build a rogues gallery of monsters though and stop using the Weevils so much.

Back