Top 10 Favorite Fictional Characters 2016 Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No particular order.

Kxa0XxQ.jpg

hskdxKg.png

P0qtxDT.jpg

nmfla4o.jpg

2HvmVwU.png

SB1KB7B.jpg

9xjRxVA.jpg

3AYaVHl.png

UBG7Mlf.gif

Gko0u1F.jpg

Fun list to come up with!

Here's mine, but in no particular order:

Khan Noonien Singh
Strider/Aragorn
Darth Vader
Malcolm Reynolds
Dr. Perry Cox (from Scrubs)
Indiana Jones
Rick Blaine (from Casablanca, my all-time favorite movie)
Chuckles (from GI Joe. I know, weird choice, and I actually disliked him as a kid. But I thought IDW's re-imaging of him in their Cobra series was awesome)
Gandalf
Batman

It's been great reading everybody's lists, too.

10. Harry Potter

slice_harry_potter_deathly_hallows_movie_trailer_image_01.jpg

9. Rick Grimes (comic version only)

rick_twdc_9121.jpg

8. Homer and Bart

latest

7. The Joker (any version really)

a179df75632ba9ec36a414f7f1105d8d.jpg

6. Yoda

4807323-yoda.jpg

5. Walter White.

walter-white-5-most-badass.jpg

4. Batman

jim-lee-cci-souvenir-croppe.jpg

3. Daredevil.

2399275-daredevil_03.jpg

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

obi_wan_kenobi_wandering_spirit_by_deadwade11-d548ga4.jpg

1. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

tumblr_mcgumtUmuT1qfxpfzo1_500.png

Excellent job at finding the definitive Vader pic. ;)

The Vader that is being portrayed by Disney still has thoughts and feelings for his past as Anakin Skywalker. He remembers everything now. Padme, Luke, C-3PO. Even though that is not a "canon" Vader, it still is my favorite picture of him and how I interpret the character. Even if a good chunk of people do not like that picture.

Picture lists are cool but you guys have to at least say who they are what it's from :lol I'm sitting here now thinking about a Nunnery Swimming pool for godsake but I have no idea why?!?! :dunno

The Vader that is being portrayed by Disney still has thoughts and feelings for his past as Anakin Skywalker. He remembers everything now. Padme, Luke, C-3PO. Even though that is not a "canon" Vader, it still is my favorite picture of him and how I interpret the character. Even if a good chunk of people do not like that picture.

I'm so happy to read that because if that's the case, Disney feels the same way I do about Vader. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I've been reading some Vader books, and I think he has the best descent into villain that I've ever read. What I love about him, is that everything was so gradual, even after he donned the costume. He didn't just become Darth Vader. He went from a to b to c to d to e.....all the way to z. He ruined a couple of my favorite fictional characters.:lol I would have put him as my number one, but the only thing that's holding me back is that I love martial artists to much, and since I work out every day, characters that push their physical limits really appeal to me. Darth Vader can't because of his unfortunate state, but that adds to him being a great character!

Anyways, I love that picture! I wish I could come up with one better, but I think it perfectly captures what I love about Vader too! Would you recommend reading anything Obi-wan related? He's the only character that intrigued me outside of Vader. Well, actually, Yoda appeals to me as well. I kind of like to see the Star Wars story as his down-fall for setting up such cold-dogmatic ways.

I'm so happy to read that because if that's the case, Disney feels the same way I do about Vader. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I've been reading some Vader books, and I think he has the best descent into villain that I've ever read. What I love about him, is that everything was so gradual, even after he donned the costume. He didn't just become Darth Vader. He went from a to b to c to d to e.....all the way to z. He ruined a couple of my favorite fictional characters.:lol I would have put him as my number one, but the only thing that's holding me back is that I love martial artists to much, and since I work out every day, characters that push their physical limits really appeal to me. Darth Vader can't because of his unfortunate state, but that adds to him being a great character!

Anyways, I love that picture! I wish I could come up with one better, but I think it perfectly captures what I love about Vader too! Would you recommend reading anything Obi-wan related? He's the only character that intrigued me outside of Vader. Well, actually, Yoda appeals to me as well. I kind of like to see the Star Wars story as his down-fall for setting up such cold-dogmatic ways.

:rock :goodpost: I agree with all this.

As far as Obi Wan, there are a few books. Of course these are all now considered "legends" and not canon, but it still doesn't take away the enjoyment of reading them. I guess it just depends on what time period you want to focus on. Here is a list of what I can remember off the top of my head. I enjoyed all of these.

- The Cloak of Deception (before TPM)
- Jedi Apprentice is a young readers series that follows Obi-Wan Kenobi's journey as a padawan (before TPM)
- Rogue Planet (after TPM)
- The Approaching Storm (between TPM and AOTC)
- The Cestus Deception (Clone Wars)
- Clone Wars Stealth (Clone Wars)
- Clone Wars Siege (Clone Wars
- Clone Wars Wild Space (Clone Wars)
- Labyrinth of Evil (before ROTS)
- The Last of the Jedi is a young readers that Kenobi appears in. (After ROTS)
- Kenobi, which is in my sig (between ROTS and ANH)

There is also a new comic series that stars Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker that takes place between TPM and AOTC.

For Yoda, he has a novel called Yoda: Dark Rendezvous which is set during the Clone Wars.

:rock :goodpost: I agree with all this.

As far as Obi Wan, there are a few books. Of course these are all now considered "legends" and not canon, but it still doesn't take away the enjoyment of reading them. I guess it just depends on what time period you want to focus on. Here is a list of what I can remember off the top of my head. I enjoyed all of these.

- The Cloak of Deception (before TPM)
- Jedi Apprentice is a young readers series that follows Obi-Wan Kenobi's journey as a padawan (before TPM)
- Rogue Planet (after TPM)
- The Approaching Storm (between TPM and AOTC)
- The Cestus Deception (Clone Wars)
- Clone Wars Stealth (Clone Wars)
- Clone Wars Siege (Clone Wars
- Clone Wars Wild Space (Clone Wars)
- Labyrinth of Evil (before ROTS)
- The Last of the Jedi is a young readers that Kenobi appears in. (After ROTS)
- Kenobi, which is in my sig (between ROTS and ANH)

There is also a new comic series that stars Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker that takes place between TPM and AOTC.

For Yoda, he has a novel called Yoda: Dark Rendezvous which is set during the Clone Wars.

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to list out the chronology for me! I really appreciate it. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do! It makes the wait for Rogue One and Episode VII a heck of a lot easier. Although, I actually enjoyed the books I read far more than the movies, so either way, it looks like I'm in for a treat!

image.jpeg

In no particular order.

Axel Foley (Beverly Hills Cop)
Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
Indiana Jones
Narrator (Fight Club)
Leon (Leon the professional)
Fox Mulder (The X-Files)
Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Gus Fring (Breaking Bad)
Marty Mcfly (Back to the future) not pictured.

Back