Tom Clancy's The Division

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the game is a tremendous let down.
So much promised...
Did Peter Mollenuex spearhead this game?

Quite disappointed upto yet. I mean, back when it was announced this was a game which sold me on moving to the next generation.

It looks alright, not as good as the first footage. Cover system is average aswell.

Thing that strikes me is that its incredibly repetative. Same enemy skins, same retarded AI who charges at you after taking half damage.

It seems very boring and lifeless to me. It also feels very.... like Gears of War meets Killzone.

I never played Destiny or Watchdogs either, but this game went from day 1 hype to boxing day sales in my books. It just feels very pointless. Im not into base building and PVP killing and looting. I was hoping for an awesome story driven narrative with abit of drop in co-op for missions.

Dude, it's a beta. Not everything has been implemented yet.

... not yer dude bro.

Well they ain't doin themselves any favors preorder wise with this beta.
Seems a lot of developers make that excuse and sure enough the final release is no different.

I enjoyed the beta, but I have my concerns. I got burned with Destiny and I won't let that happen again. I'm worried about the story and what exactly we will be doing in the Dark Zone other than just fighting each other and random gangs in the same spots. If I had never played Destiny I might have given this game a longer leash. I will wait to see what reviews say.

Also they need to unlock the rest of New York like they had it in the E3 demo! Playing only in Manhattan is so limiting. Using the other burroughs could make for an awesome story.

I liked what I played except for the Dark Zone. Seemed really pointless. They should make it have a time limit to respawn in there if you die as a rogue agent or something because there was almost no point in engaging anyone if they could just sneak back up on you seconds after you killed them but now they aren't on the map. They should have to wait an hour.

Yeah. I have the game on PO but I think I might just cancel it. Wait a couple months after its out and see if it isn't destiny 2.0.

I played a total of 16 hours combined in the closed/open and I actually have it preordered on both PC and Xone. I am normally a top tier player and playing by myself in the DZ hunting rogue agents was extremely fun. Killing teams of 3 and 4 solo and hearing them ***** was awesome. Even though I love the PvP aspect the story (three full missions you could play) were quite well done. Even with all of the beta missions done there are still at LEAST 33 story missions left. Even if they take 10-15 minutes each that's plenty of single player for the money. Not really sure how you guys are bitching about it being repetitive and using the same skins, yet I can see in other reviews the games you say are awesome ( in other posts) Call of Duty/Darksouls/Uncharted/GTA series are incredible. To my knowledge when I played through CoD most enemies look IDENTICAL and run at you through funnel points. Same goes for the other three, if you are going to say the Division is repetitive after two/three playable missions how do you get through any full games and not say the same thing?

Also Dylan there is a Rogue death timer ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. But I do agree with you that maybe they should also make it so if you die as rogue you cannot respawn at the nearest 4 spawn points.

Yeah, I don't believe it. PCs are for typing word documents and surfing the web. I mean, what are you gonna do, play games on a Gateway computer you bought at a garage sale? :lol Please... they're not as powerful. Consoles or bust.

I haven't been following this game, but I really have to try it out now. I like the concept of a Tom Clancy franchise in pre... or post-apocalyptic world.

Back