QOrange - 1/6 QOM-1027 German 100th Jäger Division in the Carpathians, 1944

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 1.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 2.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 3.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 4.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 5.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 6.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 7.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 8.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 9.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 11.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 12.jpg
Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 10.jpg

QORANGE QOTOYS 1/6 German 100th Jäger Division Carpathians 1944
NO.QOM-1027

Mountain Cap* 1
M43 Uniform* 1
M43 Military Trousers* 1
Double-sided Mountain Anorak* 1
Double-sided Mountain Over Trousers* 1
Mountain Boots* 2
Leggings* 2
M1944 Mountain Backpack* 1
Leather Y-Strap* 1
Leather Belt* 1
Mountain Goggles* 1
Rock Piton Climbing Rope* 1
Glove Bag* 1
Water Bottle* 1
Mess Tin* 1
box* 1
lunch box strap* 1
Scarf* 1
Toque* 1
Gloves* 1
Rain Cape Roll* 1
MP38 Ammunition Pouches* 2
Breast Eagle* 1
Collar Tabs* 1
Armband* 1
Oak Leaf Cap Badge* 1
MP38 Submachine Gun* 1

Not include head sculpt and body, All made of genuine leather, Clothes buttons etc all made of metal.

I don't know whether mountain caps (Bergmutze) were made in white, but they used white camouflaged covers so the insignia is unlikely to be displayed on them:

gj3.jpeg
gj2.jpeg

gj.jpg

Really getting into Where Eagles Dare territory now. I think I'm going to need a pair of them.

https://www.axishistory.com/books/150-germany-heer/heer-divisionen/3859-100-jaeger-division

100. Jäger-Division​

Published: 17 November 2011Last Updated: 15 June 2013

logo-jager-100--1943.jpg

The 100. Jäger-Division was formed when 100. Leichte Infanterie-Division was redesignated in July 1942 and fought in the encirclement and Battle of Staryyogkol, the advance across the Don, the drive to the Volga and the street fighting in Stalingrad. It was encircled with 6. Armee in November 1942 and destroyed in January 1943.

It was reformed in the Belgrade area in April 1943 and was transferred to Albania in July. It was transferred to the eastern front in March 1944 and joined the forces fighting to break the encirclement of 1. Panzer-Armee. It took part in the withdrawal from Russia and the fighting in Hungary before surrendering to the Soviet Red Army at the end of the war in Silesia.

Commanders​

Generalleutnant Werner Sanne (6 July 1942 - 31 Jan 1943) (POW)
Generalleutnant Willibald Utz (25 Apr 1943 - 1 Jan 1945)
Oberst Hans Kreppel (1 Jan 1945 - 31 Jan 1945)
Generalmajor Otto Schury (1 Feb 1945 - May 1945)

Operations Officers (Ia)​

Major Wolfgang Henkel (6 July 1942 - 31 Jan 1943) (POW)
Oberstleutnant Jürgen Bennecke (25 Mar 1943 - 30 Sep 1944)
Oberstleutnant Karl Krückeberg (30 Sep 1944 - 24 Jan 1945) (KIA)
Major Johann Schmidt (10 Feb 1945 - May 1945)

Area of operations​

Eastern front, southern sector (July 1942 - Oct 1942)
Stalingrad (Oct 1942 - Jan 1943)
Yugoslavia (Apr 1943 - July 1943)
Albania (July 1943 - Mar 1944)
Eastern front, southern sector (Mar 1944 - Sep 1944)
Hungary, Silesia (Sep 1944 - May 1945)

Holders of high awards​

(100. Leichte Infanterie-Division & 100. Jäger-Division)
Holders of the Close Combat Clasp in Gold (1)
- Bermond, Georg, 09.02.1945, Hauptmann d.R., Jäg.Rgt. 54
Holders of the Commendation Certificate of the Commander-in-Chief of the Army (3)
- Heinzel, [first name not listed], 20.08.1941 (220), Leutnant, 16./Inf.Rgt. 54
- Holzmann, [first name not listed], 20.08.1941 (221), Feldwebel, Zugführer i. d. 15./Inf.Rgt. 54
- Rock, Gottfried, 17.10.1944 (4201), Oberfeldwebel, Zugführer i. d. 8./Jäg.Rgt. 227
Holders of the German Cross in Gold (46)
Holders of the Honor Roll Clasp of the Heer (16)
Holders of the Knight's Cross (13) (12 RK + 1 EL)

Order of battle (1942)​

Jäger-Regiment 54
Jäger-Regiment 227
verstärktes Infanterie-Regiment 369 (kroatisch) (1)
Radfahr-Abteilung 100
Artillerie-Regiment 83
Pionier-Bataillon 100
Panzerjäger-Abteilung 100
Nachrichten-Abteilung 100
Feldersatz-Bataillon 100
Versorgungseinheiten 100

Order of battle (1944-1945)​

Jäger-Regiment 54
Jäger-Regiment 227
Aufklärungs-Abteilung 100
Artillerie-Regiment 83
Pionier-Bataillon 100
Panzerjäger-Abteilung 100
Nachrichten-Abteilung 100
Feldersatz-Bataillon 83
Versorgungseinheiten 100

Heer Jäger Sleeve Badge

sleeve-heer-jager.jpg

(Courtesy of The Ruptured Duck)

Notable members​

Jürgen Bennecke (recipient of the German Cross in both Gold and Silver)
Friedrich Pein (sniper credited with 200+ kills)

Footnotes​

1. The verstärktes Infanterie-Regiment 369 (kroatisch) was attached to the division on 2 July 1941. It was destroyed with the 100. Jäger-Division at Stalingrad in January 1943. Reformed in March 1943 by the redesignation of Grenadier-Regiment 969 (kroatisch), Grenadier-Regiment 369 (kroatisch) and assigned to the 369. Infanterie-Division (kroatische).

Sources used​

Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945

Reference material on this unit​

Hanns Neidhardt - Mit Tanne und Eichenlaub: Kriegschronik der 100. Jäger Division, vormals 100. leichte infanterie Division

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100th_Jäger_Division_(Wehrmacht)

100th Jäger Division (Wehrmacht)​

The 100th Jäger Division, formerly the 100th Light Infantry Division (German: 100. Leichte Infanterie Division) was a light infantry division of the German Army during World War II. As such, it was provided with partial horse or motor transport and lighter artillery. Light divisions were reduced in size compared to standard infantry divisions. The Walloon Legion was briefly attached to this division from January 1942 to May 1942.[1] During the latter stages of the war, the division was composed of members from most of Germany's geographic areas and many German-speaking Walloons (Belgian/French).

Background​

The main purpose of the German Jäger Divisions was to fight in adverse terrain where smaller, coordinated formations were more facilely combat capable than the brute force offered by their standard infantry counterparts. The Jäger divisions were more heavily equipped than the mountain Gebirgsjäger equivalents, but not as well armed as a larger infantry division. In the early stages of the war, it was the interface divisions fighting in rough terrain and foothills as well as urban areas, between the mountains and the plains. The Jägers (means "hunters" in German) relied on a high degree of training, and slightly superior communications, as well as their not inconsiderable artillery support. In the middle stages of the war, as the standard infantry divisions were downsized, the Jäger structure of divisions with two infantry regiments, became the standard table of organization.[2]

In 1944, Adolf Hitler declared that all infantry divisions were now Volksgrenadier Divisions except for his elite Jäger and Mountain Jäger divisions.[2]

Operational history​

Initially established in December 1940 as the 100th Light Infantry Division, the unit was raised in Upper Austria, and based in Ried. The 54th Jäger Regiment was detached from the 18th Infantry. The division comprised two-thirds Austrian and one-third Silesian men.

The 100th Light Infantry Division's first campaign as a fighting force was Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union, where it served with the 17th Army in the Southern Sector. Its first campaign was in the Battle of Uman, followed by action at Kiev and Odessa.[3]

In October, the 369th Reinforced Croatian Infantry Regiment was attached to the division to bolster its size when attacking the Eastern Front.[4]

The formation was the only German Jäger Division that fought at the Battle of Stalingrad. The 100th Light Infantry Division, along with the 369th Reinforced Croatian Infantry Regiment, was virtually destroyed at Stalingrad.

The 100th Jäger Division was reestablished and fought partisans in the Balkans, Croatia, Albania, and was deployed on coastal protection duties in the Strait of Otranto.

Divisional order of battle​

• 54th Jäger Regiment (moved from 18th Infantry Division)
  • 227th Jäger Regiment
  • 83rd Artillery Regiment
  • 100th Reconnaissance Battalion
  • 100th Panzerjäger Battalion
  • 100th Engineer Battalion
  • 100th Signal Battalion
  • 100th Field Replacement Battalion
  • 100th Divisional Supply Troops
  • 369th (Croatian) Reinforced Infantry Regiment (attached from October 1941)

Commanding officers​

• Lieutenant General Werner Sanne (10 October 1940 – 31 January 1943)
  • Lieutenant General Willibald Utz (25 April 1943 – 1 January 1945)
  • Major General Otto Schury (1 February 1945 – May 1945)

References​

Notes​

1. ^ De Bruyne, Eddy. For Rex and for Belgium: Leon Degrelle and Walloon Political & Military Collaboration 1940-45.
  2. ^ Jump up to:a b Mcoy, Breaker (2009). German Army 101st Light Division, 101st Jäger Division 1941 – 42. Archived from the original on 29 June 2009. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
  3. ^ Mitcham, 2012, pp. 247–248
  4. ^ Muller, 2012, pp. 97–98

Not feeling this one but I'm glad it's made for the WW2 communiity because anything WW2 related that dragon made is mostly dried up on the market at this point.

Hopfully they make something more common for the western front 44-45 that's up my alley

Not feeling this one but I'm glad it's made for the WW2 communiity because anything WW2 related that dragon made is mostly dried up on the market at this point.

I had the opposite reaction when this one popped up on BBICN. I've been binging older war films recently including The Heroes of Telemark, and Where Eagles Dare, of course. So the white snowsuit was instantly evocative.

Hopfully they make something more common for the western front 44-45 that's up my alley

I wouldn't be surprised if they do because, looking at past releases, they get stuck into themes.

I also just realised what they mean by labelling these as "Lost Series". They put their Japanese sets under the same banner, so it refers to the losers in the war.

Their "Hero Series" refers to Chinese soldiers, and also the Russian Chernobyl clean up crew.

I too like the increasing offers for WW2 collectors. *

*Asta is going to need a bigger house... :wink1:

I've been rearranging my collection, demoting certain franchises/lines to create prime display space for WWII. I've also been breaking down old kit bashed figures that don't mean anything to me any more, which frees up bodies, stands, and boots.

I broke down a bashed TLOU Joel set this morning which gave me a body, stand and pair of German mountain boots. The latter will be useful for the uniform and anklets from one of these sets, which don't need to be worn with the anorak and over trousers.

As with the QOrange Gebirgsjager sets I've just opened, these also look good.

Tailoring is fine and material is thin.

As expected it was a real struggle getting the anorak onto the CraftOne muscular body. Being double sided the anorak obviously has two layers of material, and the inner one isn't stitched to the outer at the bottom. Getting him into it was a gradual process - the CraftOne doesn't have very mobile arms so I had to squeeze the arms as hard as I could against the shoulders. Then ease the inner layer down and millimetre by millimetre.

He's in it for good now. :lol

The plan worked though. The muscular torso and arms eradicate the need for a tunic, so it can be saved along with the trousers for something else. In fact, I think it may be just as hard putting the anorak onto a smaller body if it was wearing the tunic.

As noted in the QOrange 1. Gebirgsjager thread, the caps are designed more for DID scaled sculpts (or Ujindou since they're always on the smaller side). That's not going to be a problem for the first figure as I'd planned to use a WorldBox/OneToys Logan bloody sculpt, which was a sculpt I discovered was a perfect fit for the mystery fabric SS field cap I've had in my collection since my Dragon Models collecting days. No idea what company made it, but for around twenty years it went unused because it never looked right on any sculpt, until now.

As with the other set the components all look well made. The last part I took out was the MP38, and while I assumed it was going to be metal (the specs didn't say so), it's a very light plastic. It reminds me of Ujindou's Sten, and is potentially fragile. It does have a working bolt with spring, and a folding stock with a tight swivel that keeps it firmly in place when in use.

This is the first one. He's not properly futzed as some of the straps have shifted out of place. Normally I'd re-futz and take more photos, but my camera's on it's last legs. It isn't charging properly, and I only get a few photos out of it, if I'm lucky, before it dies.

100_4822.JPG
100_4825.JPG
100_4826.JPG

Are the pouches on the front pliable at all?
Btw, not sure if if there’s any historical reason for having the mini pouch on the outside of the left hip like the prototype shows, but yours seem to be on opposite sides—if it even matters

Are the pouches on the front pliable at all?
Btw, not sure if if there’s any historical reason for having the mini pouch on the outside of the left hip like the prototype shows, but yours seem to be on opposite sides—if it even matters

The pouches are soft fabric.

I wanted (and expected) to put them the other way round, but the loops on the back are angled in such a way that they only go this way. Not only that, but the rings that connect to the hooks on the Y-strap are also positioned for the pouches to be put on 'reversed'.

The second set is also done this way so it must be a factory error.

However, when I made a Google search I found an example of a real pair for sale which advised that the loops had been restitched to be worn the opposite way to normal. I can't find the page again, and searching for it by image it must have been a rarity as I couldn't see another pair that had the rings repositioned to the opposite side.

EDIT:

Looking at them I think it'd be a simple fix. The little pouch is only held on by one stitch. It could be removed and glued onto the other pouch.

It was a simple fix. I've glued the small pockets from both sets onto the opposing pouches.

Also found out that it was designed to store a magazine loader:

tg1280-0.jpeg

I put together the second figure with the white side of the anorak and over trousers. On this one, for variety, I'm using the G33/40 carbine and magazines from one of the Gebirgsjagers.

100_4829.JPG
100_4830.JPG
100_4832.JPG
100_4834.JPG
100_4835.JPG
100_4841.JPG

I also like how you painted the bases white to emulate snow. It is a little touch that really compliments the figures.

I did that some time ago, and can't remember now what figures they were intended for. They've had various occupiers, but I think they've finally found their owners. :lol

Looks great. My kit also arrived today (from Kit) and had a quick look at all the bagged up bits. I just need to figure out if I'm going to go for a Clint Eastwood (heads more available) or hold out for a Richard Burton head.

Looks great. My kit also arrived today (from Kit) and had a quick look at all the bagged up bits. I just need to figure out if I'm going to go for a Clint Eastwood (heads more available) or hold out for a Richard Burton head.

I watched Where Eagles Dare again the day before the sets arrived. I love that movie. There's so much wrong with it factually, yet it's just so atmospheric.

Can't help but imagine Return to Castle Wolfenstein every time: the village, the castle and the cable car operations room.

Something that only occurred to me on my last watch was that Smith, Schaffer etc don't wear belts, and therefore don't have magazine pouches.

Hopefully one of the companies will make a Gebirgsjager with the reversible white/tan and water camouflage parka as used in the film.

1200.gif

1200x675mf.jpg

Years ago, when I was collecting Dragon Models, I had Gunther in his anorak, and used his tunic to make a Clint Eastwood figure with the head from Yamato's Cowboy George...

gunther.jpg

1_9eeddc6e8ed8776e52c108a64939c6a1.jpg

And speaking of vintage things, I utilised a very old body to try out the M43 uniform from the QOrange Jager:

100_4854.JPG

He was an early Indiana Jones bootleg under the name Toy Action. The window box has a sticker on the front saying, "The Adventurer". On the back it reads, "Special Thanks: Tinden Limited Action Figure".

I've never been able to find any reference to the figure since, as it seems it got lost in the mists of time. His shirt, trousers and boots proved useful, and now he's donated his body and head.

The QOrange parts on him are the uniform, cap with Jager badge, snow goggles and puttees (which were tricky to assemble because they kept sliding around).

The mountain boots are from Dragon Models' Hasan Malnar, and despite their age they're really good. Nicely sculpted in a semi rigid plastic and with real laces.

With regards to putting the insignia on the front of the white caps, I've decided not to as I don't think they would've done that. White caps were generally just camouflage covers to put over the bergmutze.

However, the QOrange figure has a complete white cap, and would therefore be an unofficial private purchase item:

The design of the cap was so popular amongst mountain troops that some had an unofficial version made up in white cotton drill to wear with the white snow camouflage uniform. These are sometimes seen with the edelweiss badge attached. Alternatively a shapeless white cover, with a drawstring, was available to be worn over the standard bergmutze which broke up its shape. Neither design seems to have been official but they appear regularly in period photographs so both were clearly popular options to troops.

Privately purchased bergmutze made in white camouflage fabric:

Photograph19-1.jpg

https://www.militaria-history.co.uk/articles/gebirgsjager-uniforms/

Back