Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Toht's, DrJ!? NICE! That Hasbro does look good with him!

thanks wor-gar got some extras from toy anxiety. quite the steal :whip

You can't argue the Hasbro ark looks more screen accurate with the high shine. I know the Sideshow one is annoyingly dull, especially at that price, but it's still a nice piece and a nice representation of the ark. I personally was unwilling to shell out the $60-$100 the Hasbro ark has been fetching on ebay, and I thought the weighty-ness of polystone made the Sideshow price a little more palatable for me. Heck, I thought the hoops Hasbro made you go through originally was overboard too! What was it, 4 12" figures plus $10? Maybe if it was one or two figures and $10 it would have been more reasonable to me.

Anyway, can't wait to get home and take a look at the ark! Toht is packed away under my desk calling out to me to open him! (dirty!)

And drJedisith, there's something oddly appropriate about the blurry pics you put up. They give the scene "atmosphere" :)

lol yeah it looks like the 80's vhs screencap

Yea but you cannot deny this is an awesome figure.

:confused::confused::confused: You're mistaking me with another freak. I love Toht. He looks great. Never had any complaints about him. I canceled my Ex based on prod pics of the Ark and the eternal wait, and ordered the bald little bastard from Viking Playground instead. Got him shipped for Sideshow's list price. I don't like the Ark. I think for the price Sideshow's charging, it should've at least, AT LEAST been on par with Hasbro's. It wasn't. And therein lies the only issue I have with the Toht Ex.

ARGHH!!! :banghead

I forgot to take Toht home from the office yesterday! It was such a hectic day and I ran out of there cos I had to pick up dinner on my way home and completely forgot to take the box with me! Now I have to wait til the end of the day AGAIN! This time I've made myself big post-it notes all over my desk so I won't forget!

Well, I guess I waited this long. What's one more work day? Glad to see you guys enjoying the Toht!

ARGHH!!! :banghead

I forgot to take Toht home from the office yesterday! It was such a hectic day and I ran out of there cos I had to pick up dinner on my way home and completely forgot to take the box with me! Now I have to wait til the end of the day AGAIN! This time I've made myself big post-it notes all over my desk so I won't forget!

Well, I guess I waited this long. What's one more work day? Glad to see you guys enjoying the Toht!

I'd use your first 15min break to open him up, your lunch to go to town and your second 15 to box him up again for travel home.

I took a peek yesterday, but the ark was so well packed and I didn't want to get so involved.

I don't know about you, but opening up a figure has become like a ritual to me. My wife is amazed (and a little concerned) by the way I unpack my Sideshow treats. It's a careful, methodic process of peeling away the layers: carefully lifting the tabs on the boxes, removing the tray from the box, lifting the outer shell from the tray, clearing the head protector, carefully lifting the figure, studying the figure (this is the point where my wife starts to show concern), carefully pulling the accessories from the figure tray, and then moving on to the second tray of accessories. It's almost like an archaeologist carefully revealing a treasure buried in the sand.

It's pretty loose here in the office (I actually work for/with my B-I-L), but my hobby is still something of a dirty little secret! They all kinda know I collect some figures, but I don't think anyone REALLY knows the full extent of my budding collection! They just see a medium sized box arrive about once a month for me.

I took a peek yesterday, but the ark was so well packed and I didn't want to get so involved.

I don't know about you, but opening up a figure has become like a ritual to me. My wife is amazed (and a little concerned) by the way I unpack my Sideshow treats. It's a careful, methodic process of peeling away the layers: carefully lifting the tabs on the boxes, removing the tray from the box, lifting the outer shell from the tray, clearing the head protector, carefully lifting the figure, studying the figure (this is the point where my wife starts to show concern), carefully pulling the accessories from the figure tray, and then moving on to the second tray of accessories. It's almost like an archaeologist carefully revealing a treasure buried in the sand.

It's pretty loose here in the office (I actually work for/with my B-I-L), but my hobby is still something of a dirty little secret! They all kinda know I collect some figures, but I don't think anyone REALLY knows the full extent of my budding collection! They just see a medium sized box arrive about once a month for me.

I dunno. For some reason I never had any backtalk or trash talking when telling co-workers I collect 12" action figures. :huh

I dunno. For some reason I never had any backtalk or trash talking when telling co-workers I collect 12" action figures. :huh

Sure, not to your face! Well, besides my B-I-L, it's all just women, so they'd be less likely to relate. I'd probably get eyerolls, or pitying looks, or "aww, isn't that cute" kind of reactions. They'll probably imagine my house looks like Andy's from 40-Year Old Virgin! :monkey2

Mine arrived today. haven't had time to do much with him but Looks good so far.
As for the Ark, I fall into the category of those whose expectations have been sufficiently lowered over the last few months to now be quite pleased with it !

Tron

Mine arrived today. haven't had time to do much with him but Looks good so far.
As for the Ark, I fall into the category of those whose expectations have been sufficiently lowered over the last few months to now be quite pleased with it !

Tron

Happy to have you on board!

Interesting... tonight's newsletter says they only have 30 Toht w/ Arks left in stock, and yet there is no "Going, Going, GONE" meter on the page. Do you suppose they're playing semantics and stating they only have 30 left IN STOCK but not mentioning the other 200 they have on the way?

- J

Interesting... tonight's newsletter says they only have 30 Toht w/ Arks left in stock, and yet there is no "Going, Going, GONE" meter on the page. Do you suppose they're playing semantics and stating they only have 30 left IN STOCK but not mentioning the other 200 they have on the way?

- J
Meh they could.

But it is everyone else's fault for not owning a cool figure.

:banana:banana:banana

- J

Well I didn't want to risk it, so I finally re-ordered Toht. But I had $100.25 in rewards points saved up so I'm only paying $70 plus shipping :rock

I'd say he and the Ark are definatley worth that!

There are plenty of ugly babies in this world, so beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

sein15s.jpg

Back