Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I was thinking of picking this guy up for the ark. Does anyone have a side by side shot of this next to hasbro's? Which one is better?

I have the Toht ark and I like it BUT it is much flatter gold and larger than the Hasbro. Most people preferred the Hasbro ark because it was so shiny and the details were sharper -- something unusual for Hasbro.

On the plus side for the SS ark, it has real poles with material wrap that can be removed; the Hasbro poles (material portion) are fixed.

6srknp.jpg

vdjz4h.jpg

I had the Hasbro one. Loved it. Waaaaay better than Sideshow's effort, and a damn sight cheaper too.

The Hasbro one looks much better imo. Which one is more accurate scale wise?

In terms of screen accuracy, the SSC is too tall, and the proportions are slightly off. The feet were criticized as being the most inaccurate. Obviously the finish is usually the deal breaker though.

I had the Hasbro one. Loved it. Waaaaay better than Sideshow's effort, and a damn sight cheaper too.

They actually come up on eBay fairly infrequently. When I do see them, they mostly seem to go in the $70-$100 range. Just did a quick completed item search and there have only been three sold in nearly three months. They went for $75, $90 and $125.

That would mean it's in the same price range as the SSC one - though the SSC one could only be had in the set with Toht, so it would come up rarely on its own.

Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to keep my eyes open of a Hasbro. Unless someone is selling one here?

yeah mike talked about it..also doing the crate...hope he will be making these soon.

best,

Robert

Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to keep my eyes open of a Hasbro. Unless someone is selling one here?

I was just taking a look at my Toht ark and noticed that the top paint looks to be "tarnished".. its not flaking or anything like that.. but has developed some sort of breakdown. I flipped the lid over and it has the same dull gold paint that the top had when it first arrived..

anyone else?

Back