Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I didn't want to risk it, so I finally re-ordered Toht. But I had $100.25 in rewards points saved up so I'm only paying $70 plus shipping :rock

I'd say he and the Ark are definatley worth that!

Welcome to the club!

I find it hard to believe that SS only has 30 arks left. Unless they mean literally on hand and the others are stashed somewhere else, or some retailer decided to grab a bunch for some reason. The latter's not likely of course. I suppose they could have gotten rid of the counter at this point.

Welcome to the club!

I find it hard to believe that SS only has 30 arks left. Unless they mean literally on hand and the others are stashed somewhere else, or some retailer decided to grab a bunch for some reason. The latter's not likely of course. I suppose they could have gotten rid of the counter at this point.

They do only have 30 Arks left....

...on the palate closest to the shipping door. :p We all saw that counter blow from 10, past 100 in a matter of two days :lol. Likely there's a considerable amount taking up a large corner of the stockroom waiting for the inevitable Spooktacular "We just found 100 pieces in our warehouse" Spook update, express update or 2nd Chance offer.

Spooktacular "We just found 100 pieces in our warehouse"

That's what I'm expecting.

When these start selling at reduced rates or worse, passed out as "gifts", then I'll be ticked about what I paid.

Oh well, at least I resisted the polystone fridge.

Not sure I'll be able to resist the polystone mine car though.

When these start selling at reduced rates or worse, passed out as "gifts", then I'll be ticked about what I paid.

He ain't shipped yet! :lol

I did NOT resist the fridge because the fridge is bad ass.

But a mine car...ZOMG that would be amazing.

I can safely say the Ark broke me of the need to pick up the exclusives. The fridge is nice but as was the ark, not $100 nice. If the mine cart winds up being the ex for Indy, I might pick it up. Though that depends on whether or not we get a Short Round. Can't have a mine cart without Shorty. :(

But its not just Polystone, its also METAL!!! :lol

Just an FYI, Sideshow generally removes the low quantity bar when an item goes to "in stock" status. Frankly, I wish it was the other way around. Sometimes it would be nice to know if you need to really act now or if you have a few weeks to order. I'm sure I wasn' the only one that saw the "only 30 left" and got moving. I was hoping to get some sort of "in stock" special when I re-ordered him, but if he isn't going to last the end of the week, then at least I got him with Rewards Points.

But its not just Polystone, its also METAL!!! :lol

Just an FYI, Sideshow generally removes the low quantity bar when an item goes to "in stock" status. Frankly, I wish it was the other way around. Sometimes it would be nice to know if you need to really act now or if you have a few weeks to order. I'm sure I wasn' the only one that saw the "only 30 left" and got moving. I was hoping to get some sort of "in stock" special when I re-ordered him, but if he isn't going to last the end of the week, then at least I got him with Rewards Points.

!!!SUCKER!!!
:p:p:p:p:p

I finally opened up Toht yesterday evening and he's really great! The glasses definitely look better in person. It's practically a non-issue. The tailoring on the suit is pretty nice, although I think the collar on the blazer rides up a bit too high behind his neck. The shirt collar stays kinda put if I tuck it under the blazer lapel. The topcoat is really nice too, and I just tuck the sleeves in the belt to keep them from faring out. The different colored neck and wrist pegs is annoying, but not that noticeable, really. The pro is nice and tight (dirty), although I find that he naturally bends forward a tad, and I have to really force him to stand up straight. And that's not because he's loose, it's almost like he's too tight and he's being pulled down by some internal rubber band or something. It might be the clothes--not sure. I love the gloves! But I also like the burned hand, so right now I have him with one of each.

IMG_7545.JPG

And the Ark! The ark is fantastic! It's a beautiful piece. Very detailed, very hefty and it has presence! The gold doesn't look cheap because it's matte, and it definitely has shine, even though it's just the clear gloss coat. It's a nice, albeit inaccurate, finish. Maybe it is oversized for the scale, but it looks very impressive. I don't know what the Hasbro ark looks like in real life, but I can honestly say that the Sideshow one is terrific! I am 100% happy with it and am glad I kept my order!

IMG_7535.JPG

Looks great, Jim.

Nice to see these Ark Toht's seem to have a better shirt collar, at least it lays flat as it should.

Thanks, Wor-Gar. But that damn collar is still a b*tch. I just have to make sure I tuck it under the lapel to keep it from flipping up. And every time I re pose him, the collar pops out!

The suit is really nice, though. Anyone want to pop Indy's head on Toht, for the final scene in Raiders? "Fools! Bureaucratic fools! They don't know what they got up there..."

The suit is really nice, though. Anyone want to pop Indy's head on Toht, for the final scene in Raiders? "Fools! Bureaucratic fools! They don't know what they got up there..."

That's actually a good suit for that. If you could dye it with some deep blue it would look perfect. He didn't have stripes though, did he? Still.

Yep, it was solid navy, but I think Toht's will be nice to see on him since it's a double-breasted suit. At least as a preview!

Just scored the Regular Toht of Ebay this morning for a few dollars bellow retail. Should have it next week! So far I now have the EX and Reg(opener) Indy, Reg Belloq and now reg Toht.

I caved and bought him for under $80 on ebay. Regular version.

Has anyone tryed making the melty head, more melty? Like this :

toht-3.jpg

I think I'm going to sand the bottom half of his face down a little and use hot glue to simulate the dripping. Then I'll paint over it and and a little white and red on his suit too.

I caved and bought him for under $80 on ebay. Regular version.

Has anyone tryed making the melty head, more melty? Like this :

toht-3.jpg

I think I'm going to sand the bottom half of his face down a little and use hot glue to simulate the dripping. Then I'll paint over it and and a little white and red on his suit too.

Good score -- and I'd love to see you make him more melty! :rock

Back