Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the ark... Yeah, I wish the angels on top were a bit more streamlined or the wrappings were darker... but that's about it.

And even without those changes I would take it and be damn happy with it. But then again that is me... :lol

I can't believe people have so many issues with this piece. Its one of the most amazing sets I've seen them announce!

If people can accept a Toht figure that looks nothing like Toht then who cares if the Ark has 10 little pointy bits instead of 11. :confused:

I thought I'd post this video where you can see the real thing. Did they only make one for Raiders, or were there others?

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:234320" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D234320%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A234320%26startUri={startUri}" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="https://www.mtv.com/ontv/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">MTV Shows</a></div>

But they existed. So...they could've had the scene after where the eyes are opened. Check and see....who knows what you'll find.

I would rather have Mola Ram than a Toth

Well, good news is, SSC is at least thoroughly filling out the line with figures from 1 film. If this line doesn't go far, hopefully at least Raiders will be rounded off well. If it succeeds past Raiders, I'm sure we'll get Mola Ram, but at this point, it seems to be a Raiders line.

39091_press04.jpg

Toht to me looks awesome, but I just can't have Hasbro besting out Sideshow on the ark. Not on my watch. :wacky

I just counted them based off the HR shots I took and there are more than 11 points from corner 2 corner. Actually SS points are accurate to the number from the movie. So they did get that right thank you very much.

They didn't try hard? That's just a stupid comment to make.

All the other things wrong with it. Fix the shine a bit and the wrappings thats it.

Calm down. Like MaulFan said, they only had to count it, and they didn't do that properly, which wouldn't have been a hard thing to get right. You might disagree with my comment, but don't call it stupid. If the number of points was the only thing wrong, then you could forgive it, simply because you can't eradicate human error.

But in addition to that they get a number of other things apparently wrong (I say apparently because who knows what reference material they used or were given, although Hasbro got it right); and on top of that, my view of the piece is that it doesn't look that great.

It's not just the shine, there's just something... dumpy about it. The Ark in ROTLA was a great, elegant prop, and Hasbro captured that. This supposedly high-end collectible hasn't, although I'm sure SSC will fix it before production. And giving them some feedback should help, certainly I think that would be more helpful than just participating in a love-in.

It looks like the Ark. Thats enough for me. People arent going to look at it, and go "WOW! IT HAS 11 POINTS! IT SHOULD HAVE 10!

It looks like the Ark. Thats enough for me. People arent going to look at it, and go "WOW! IT HAS 11 POINTS! IT SHOULD HAVE 10!

But there was a lot of negative comment before anyone had even counted the now famous points. It doesn't look enough like the Ark.

No, it looks enough like the ark. You can hold that up to anyone, and they can tell you what that is supposed to be.

Well yeah....although the Ark has been burned into pop culture, i'm sure most people would know what it is, even if they havent seen the film. The Ark can be seen anywhere from documentaries, making of books, magazines, and tv shows....

The chunky angel sculpts and the wrong wraps are the most noticeable errors. The angels irk me as they are so obviously the wrong silhouette. Fixing those shouldn't be too difficult for Sideshow, if they bother. The chunky legs are off as well. I'm stunned that Hasbro did a better job on the details than SS did, especially on a piece as iconic as the Ark. :confused:

I can live without it being vac-metal like the Hasbro one. I don't think they can vac-metal polystone anyway.

I never would have been able to identify that before I saw Indy movies.

I knew what it was before I saw Raiders. I read about it in some movie book about George Lucas.

and people....nothing will ever ever ever ever be perfect.

I think the main argument here is getting overlooked.

Sure, it looks like a great piece on its own. But some of us want a 1:6th scale replica of the film prop, not just a good looking piece. If we can forgive them for adding stormflap studs and wrong-colored waist cinchers on the jacket, at what detail do we say "OK, you've gone too far"? How many errors are they allowed to make before the entire thing is considered inaccurate?

I love the detail that was put into the Indy figure. I'm more concerned about the loose joints than the lack of a metal belt keeper. Does that missing detail still annoy me? Yeah. For the money, I expect them to do their homework. Would I have counted the points on the lid to check to see if it's correct? No. But should we even have to? No.

Just because some don't care about that level of intricacy, don't berate those of us that do. We all want the best possible figures. That just means different things to different people.

I hope that these are details that will be corrected for the production run. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Back