Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm really impressed with what I see from Sideshow's Toht exclusive! I just pre-ordered it. I was happy to see he IS coming with the hot poker, collapsable ("scary-looking") coat hanger, melted portrait head (Ohhh Yeah! He had to come with this. That was a MUST have for him.) :D, and the Ark Of The Covenant! :D

Man, I guess I should start saving my pennies now! I don't know how I'm going to afford both Belloq and Toht next year, but I'm going to try hard to get them. I pre-ordered the exclusive Belloq to get the idol environment for my Sideshow Indy. :whip

Next Sideshow....make us a great exclusive Marion Ravenwood from Raiders...PLEASE! I'd like to see her come in her bar outfit, with the headpiece to the staff of Ra on the gold necklace around her neck. I'd also like two other outfits. The "streets of Cairo" red and white one, and her white dress from the end of the movie that Belloq gave to her. Those would be some great exclusive items. :D

Oddly enough, the Exclusive is still available -- how long did it take for the Belloq one to sell out?

I'm on the fence on this one: he's $10 higher than Indy, and I really wanted the melty head to be more... melty. Maybe I'll hold out for a cheaper one from another site.

I think when it comes time for Marion, the bar outfit makes the most sense, followed by the white dress, with Cairo coming in last. Bar outfit because she can interact with Indy and Toht. White dress for Indy, Toht and Belloq. Cairo outfit because it's only Indy then. Either way, Toht rules but I think we should make a list of things for SS to keep in mind juuust in case. So far I believe we have concerns about: shorter Pro body for Toht, the bridge of the glasses straightened, some reworking of the Ark.

Guys, Joker is actually right. Sideshow has A LOT of work to do on their Ark. The Hasbro one is easily better... much, much more accurate in scale, details and finishing. How is that even possible??? :confused:

Toht is supremely awesome, though. Even with his inaccuracies he's great. But that's not a surprise. The Ark being so lackluster (so far) is.

My Hasbro Ark isn't going anywhere, and unless this one is improved mightily I might even be able to flip my 2 extras at some point. :lol

Well, I never thought I would get into the 1/6 Indy line.
But after seeing this figure, I just needed to order it. I guess I'll need Indy now too.

Great figure, much better than I anticipated. The melty head is at the right stage of meltiness for my liking - it was the Hasbro 3 3/4" prototype Toht that looked too unmelty to me. Besides, it has to be an easy custom to get him good and skull-faced.

The proto suit hangs really well; I hope they make the final HS slightly chubbier and creepier - they should exaggerate him slightly he looks a little too normal - but even if we get the proto I'm happy with it. I'd like to see the smile widened to get that creepy-pervert-sadist 'What shall we talk about?' look.

I ordered the exclusive just in case, I can always cancel it if the ark still looks bad nearer the time - at the moment I don't like it.

So are we going to get any figures from the other films? Two words - MOLA RAM.

And for the record I'd like a Nepal Marion with medallion, extra head with hair down and Belloq dress. Given that Nepal Marion only wears a shirt, pants and tie, they could stretch to a dress for a regular version, plus spirits glass, Well of Souls torch, and Well of Souls white shoes.

Toht has an Ark buddy!

dsc00756pj3.jpg

dsc00755gn7.jpg

Nazi Kroenen make Blackhole ANGRY!!!

But Toht looks amazing, so much stuff...:drool...

I'm trying to figure out if I want this or not. I don't have indy yet (lack of money) although I ordered belloq because I knew I wanted the idol envoronment for when I DID have indy.... i'm just not sure how i'd display the ark.

suggestions?

I'm trying to figure out if I want this or not. I don't have indy yet (lack of money) although I ordered belloq because I knew I wanted the idol envoronment for when I DID have indy.... i'm just not sure how i'd display the ark.

suggestions?

Display Indy with the idol environment, and Belloq with Toht and the Ark...

I've just been looking at this, as I thought it seemed fairly accurate... but after comparing it the folks are as always, right. The wings on the angels are too deep (but I can live with that) ... but the poles are too thick (and maybe too short?) and the pattern around the centre part is totally wrong and the wrong colour.

But god I REALLY hope they do something about those stubby, inelegant feet. Otherwise I'm gonna have to get my dremel out. (oh and i'll probably gold leaf it or something if it doesnt look much shiner in person... but we'll see, these are just early pics. I'm sure it will be fabulous)

39091_press02.jpg

1-2.jpg

1indy-idol-ark-of-the-coven.jpg

Display Indy with the idol environment, and Belloq with Toht and the Ark...

yeah maybe, i guess if i decided that belloq and toht arent iconic enough for me to keep (i'm being REALLY rational with what pieces I buy/keep now... not enough money, and not enough space. So its just the best/iconic characters and pieces now)

oh... and I went ahead and ordered this. At least I have till the middle of next year to (try to) get the money together :lol

Would love the Ark, but it looks pretty off in a few respects, I couldn't give a hoot for Toht so I'll bide my time. I have a feeling with the economy being the way it is, this will be available seperately further down the line for a far more reasonable price.

Back