Toht 12-inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A figure that sold 500 units ment the end of the line.

Agreed... But that's why I'm suggesting keep the line going (if it looks like it's in danger of dying) with all Website Exclusives-- Shaun of the Dead ES is 350 for the Exclusive and 750 for the regular with the regular still well in stock (that line's dead--pardon the pun-- before it started)-- When the Indy line looks like it's going to stall have the next character a website exclusive (with no regular--like Q and Jaws from the Bond line) with an ES of 750 and see what happens.

I just hate thinking of even the possibility that this line won't have legs.

I disagree. Other must haves from SSC would be:

ROTLA
Marion (already mentioned)
Sallah (already mentioned)

TOD
Mola Ram (already mentioned)
Willie and Short Round (for a rail car "environment")
Chief Temple Guard
Temple Guard
Indy in tux

TLC
Henry Jones Sr. (SSC HAVE to do a version)
Walter Donovan (Julian Glover's got to arrive here before an ESB version of his SW character and this one would have to have an alternate aging sculpt like Toht's alternate melting head)
Dr. Elsa Schneider (final Nazi-lovin' outfit)
possibly another Sallah

KOTCS
Indiana Jones Jr.
Mutt
Irina Spalko
Dovchenko

and I think a Denholm Elliot/Marcus Brody should be a very Exclusive release a la Q from the Bond line.

These are all essentials and I'm hopeful that this line will live on for the true collector that's waited so long. Lower the ES for these and I'm sure they can sell each of these (500- 750 ES?).

I'd hate for this line to just stop without warning like the Bond line (one of my favourites and so far from completed with so many great characters left to immortalize) or for a LOTR "put on hold" announcement.

That's a lot of wishful thinking. I can say for certain I would not buy half of those characters. They're not visually interesting or iconic enough to pay in excess of $100 for. Toht, Mola Ram, Sallah, and Henry Sr. would probably be where I draw the line

That's a lot of wishful thinking. I can say for certain I would not buy half of those characters. They're not visually interesting or iconic enough to pay in excess of $100 for. Toht, Mola Ram, Sallah, and Henry Sr. would probably be where I draw the line

The glass (when it comes to collecting from a property that I've wanted for over 25 years now) is always half full.:D

Don't get me wrong. I would be excited if the line were actually that extensive. But how many people do you think are actually going to drop that kind of money for Donovan or Elsa, or Willie?

ROTLA

TOD
Chief Temple Guard
Temple Guard
Indy in tux

TLC
Walter Donovan (Julian Glover's got to arrive here before an ESB version of his SW character and this one would have to have an alternate aging sculpt like Toht's alternate melting head)
possibly another Sallah

KOTCS
Indiana Jones Jr.
Mutt
Irina Spalko
Dovchenko

and I think a Denholm Elliot/Marcus Brody should be a very Exclusive release a la Q from the Bond line.

These are all essentials and I'm hopeful that this line will live on for the true collector that's waited so long. Lower the ES for these and I'm sure they can sell each of these (500- 750 ES?).

I'd hate for this line to just stop without warning like the Bond line (one of my favourites and so far from completed with so many great characters left to immortalize) or for a LOTR "put on hold" announcement.

At the risk of sounding negative, I just can't see sideshow planning the majority of these. Not in the current economic climate. I'd love to see most of them come to fruition for a lot of people, but sadly I think they'll only exist in their dreams.

At the risk of sounding negative, I just can't see sideshow planning the majority of these. Not in the current economic climate. I'd love to see most of them come to fruition for a lot of people, but sadly I think they'll only exist in their dreams.

I don't think it's negative, I think it's realistic. This line will not be as complete to a point most hardcore fans would consider complete. At the most, I hope for Marion so that Raiders will feel "fully" represensted enough, Mola Ram and Shorty for TOD, and Henry for LC, with Mutt and Old Indy for KOTCS. If we can get a proper lineup for each film out of this line, great. At the least, I want Marion to round off Raiders.

As much as I'd like the line to be as extensive as possible (like Neil's list) it's just not going to happen. Sideshow has never shown the necessary dedication to the line (or even the license as a whole) and now the INDY market and the current economy are more of a factor.

But my list of six additional 1:6 figures is not only a happy-medium and compromise... it includes figures that would likely all sell very well. And I can wager at least one of them is already in the pipeline.

If there's a 7th, it would be Henry Sr. But Medicom's figure doesn't make him as vital as the others on my list, imho.

It's a nice list, but I'd be iffy on Indy in Tux, for the price of figures today, I'd have to really be impressed with the tux quality to bite, and for the most part, 1/6 clothing of that sort rarely turns out well, to me.

ROTLA

TOD
Chief Temple Guard
Temple Guard
Indy in tux

TLC
possibly another Sallah

KOTCS
Indiana Jones Jr.
Mutt
Irina Spalko
Dovchenko

I'd buy anything at all from TOD (which has the best character designs) plus Indy in Map Room Disguise. Nothing else is iconic enough or cool enough to justify the current price of figures except Henry Jones, and with that character Medicom's version is good enough for me. Indy was a good figure, but the sculpt for Belloq looks poor, and while the Toht sculpt is marginally better I'm buying it for the melty head.

I'd love a tux Indy, but I think they should now release Map Room Indy and Mola Ram before anything else. What a radical idea, huh - releasing the characters that people actually want in a line before releasing less interesting ones?

Back