TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...this seems like even more of a reason to blame Neca. If the whole collecting community knows Target and Walmart couldn’t care less about collectibles, why in the f|_|ck would Neca get in bed with them as their primary distributors???

...unless it’s just about the money and Neca could give less than two f|_|cks about the collectors.

Either way, Neca still shares the blame...:huh

coz they the only big guys that can pressure playmates to give Neca Turtles the green light?

True. They sent my GB figures with no bubble in boxes too small so they bent the cards. They sent others in envelopes. I got Peter Venkman twice, and Ray sold out, so all they could do was give me a refund after I PO the figures 4 months in advanced. In the end, I got the figures a month late, damaged cards, and missing one of the main characters. :clap I'll never PO ANYTHING from Walmart website, but I still do my grocery shopping there. :dunno Does Walmart or Hasbro care? Nope, just toys....which, they are...

Ofdrdej.gif

Oh, I almost forgot the best part. The first wave of figures made it to the stores first, not those of us who preordered the figures. That first wave that hit stores, the cards had a "Who you gonna call?" tagline like the OG toys, but Hasbro somehow didn't have the license to use it, so subsequent reprints lost the taglines, including the ones we PO 4 months in advanced. :woo

I don't want hear more crying about Neca, damn it!! :cuss :lol

some folks collect coca cola cans, while most of us squash them and toss em in the bin. one man's junk maybe another mans holy grail.

Yeah. NECA is going to be shipping more Bebop/ Rocksteady 2-packs too (I already have those two). I have probably posted this here before (I know I tweeted it), but with as much as the GameStop website sucks, I really appreciated being able to go in and preorder everything at the counter. Then, when the Splinter wave released, I helped my friend track the whole wave down by calling a GamStop and them checking their computer. Their system was accurate, and as I called each GameStop that showed the figure in stock, they confirmed availability and held it until I got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and most people want gamestop to closeup.

URdoOFk.jpg
z8nONhl.jpg
U04JKSS.jpg

1/4

PRV4wHv.jpg
IE3TS3q.jpg

I'm sure those heads will be available on the 6 inch line eventually. :clap

i have already invested in the original lineup, but it seems Neca is committed to the animated style line up, so my Turtles would look out of place with all the animated style figures...

also is Vernom 1 figure with interchangeable parts? was he ever a mutant?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/131180

Let not forget about BBTS, i would buy their exclusives any day of the week! they will bubble wrap the simplest toy twice before sending it hahaha sideshow just uses packaging paper if they can spare it most of the time LOL

BBTS is really dropping off for a lot of collectors now that they are charging above MSRP plus an NRD for most Hot Toys figures. But I agree, they are still a good option for other stuff.

Those figures are pathetic. I blame Playmates and their stupid restrictions.

This. Idk why people are blaming neca. It?s playmates who are bitchy and don?t want to much competition so they pick and choose how neca puts stuff out. I remember they did the comic figures back then and playmates got all mad cause they were ruining there competition. They suck

BBTS is really dropping off for a lot of collectors now...

Not me. They're doing what they have to do in order to survive in the current economic climate, and I can't get better service anywhere else.

I will blame them. They picked the line most of us care the least about, the video game figures, and gave them to a retailer, GameStop, that actually made them accessible by doing lengthy preorders and lots of in-store stocking. A lot of comic shops are also carrying them. Then they give one of the most demanded characters, the movie Casey, to the worst retailer in terms of actually ordering and stocking product (Walmart). They gave the rerelease movie turtles single packs to GameStop before and they were super easy to preorder and find in store. I get it, video game line for the video game retailer. But it certainly seems like they could have sent the other movie figures to GameStop instead as well and that it wasn?t a licensing issue. Even if you can blame Target over NECA for the problems with those figures, they clearly are still ****-ing up with their other offerings at the other stores.

I think you may be suggesting they picked to do the video game releases in that route, when it was probably much more likely that the large retailers chose the cartoon and movie figures, and didn't care for the video game figures. Like you said, they're probably the least cared about line, so that's why it's going to the smallest stores.

Neca’s to blame because they’re the manufacturer. Playmates, while maybe being a crap company, didn’t hold a gun to Necas head and say sign this crummy licensure agreement :huh

They are big boys and girls, they accepted whatever terms they signed up for.

No one wants to take responsibility for their sh|_|t these days. Always looking to blame someone else. “Don’t get mad at us. Playmates made us do it!” Why sign a deal that was gonna make you the bane of fandom? And if the goal was to do it just to keep making em, then accept all that goes with that from the praise from the “influencer” acolytes and the limited folks whose fingers were faster than a bot's to the scorn from all your supporters who missed out.

I saw the exclusive Gremlin from NECA at Walmart today. So whoever is stocking the NECA products was there today because they weren’t there yesterday.

https://youtu.be/IH4bf5h0Khk

Super7 Splinter review from this same guy who did Raphael. Yeah, he really is a terrible reviewer. Borderline unwatchable. Splinter looks good to me, and Raphael looks better in this video than the last one to me as well. The rubber Splinter robe does look cheap, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pixel Dans interview with Randy:

https://youtu.be/Fjgvt60dNkI

Some of the main takeaways:
- Online sales for Super Shredder and further Wal-Mart stuff is going to be handled through the NECA website with much more stock allocated for online sale.
- They are trying to talk to Target about implementing a CAPTCHA system for their website.
- They have no control over when stores get their shipments or put their stock out. Having to spend a lot of time hunting for figures is just part of the game, he says.
- The mutagen tour sets should be trickling out to thousands of Targets over the next couple weeks.
- They plan on only offering any upcoming vehicles and playsets through the NECA website.
- He says they obviously want to sell as many figures as possible so it makes no sense to purposefully limit stock, then later says they constantly try to strike a balance not to flood their stock because they do not ever want their figures to get marked down or clearanced in order to maintain the demand and collectibility. So a definite contradiction there.
- Expect main characters like the turtles, Shredder, BB & RS to get restocked, reordered, released in different configurations so that they are more evergreen and fairly available for new collectors to find, however the more niche figures/characters will have more finite production runs. So I guess if you cannot find a figure like Muckman within the first couple months after it releases then you are SOL.
- And of course, the usual be happy that you are getting anything at all statements.

If we get a party wagon, screening notifications from their facebook site is BS! because they also have a horror line and other movie franchises which makes me beg the question, is the street scene diorama not a playset? if so why does bbts have it????

Back