TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca said on Social Media they are going to stop the Bots from preorders and make it more easy to order exclusives.

I?ll believe it when I see it :lecture

Yep, they said that a couple days ago and it did nothing to help with trying to order the exclusives on Target. Someone on the Fwoosh mentioned that they set up an account with a Canadian mail forwarding service so they could order off the NECA website and get it shipped to them here in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neca said on Social Media they are going to stop the Bots from preorders and make it more easy to order exclusives.

I’ll believe it when I see it :lecture

Oh terrific, I'm glad they're going to try to do something now that they're all done selling their exclusives. How nice.

The result of my failure and inability to buy Movie and Mutagen Tour Turtles. Never will I attempt to get Neca exclusive Turtles anymore. Too stressful, too disheartening, too disappointing.

Neca definitely won SDCC at Home for Having THEE ****tiest performance of all the companies selling exclusives.

Then Randy was sitting in the AFI panel with the I eat Arse face:
940F5320-50B5-4855-9F46-FFEF1FC55732.jpeg

If this was a one time thing, I would give them all the benefit of the doubt in the world. But they are notorious for dropping the ball on distribution. And this vendor stock ***** isn’t helpful at all! Target employees can’t help you because they don’t know what’s coming, when it’s coming, if they had it already or if it ever even made it to the shelf. I checked Thursday and asked the electronics guy if they would be getting more or had some in stock other than the two Shredder/Krang sets they had on the shelf. He scanned it and the damn computer said they had negative 4 in stock?!?! WTF?!? The guy was holding one in his hand?!?! On top of that, the app says that store doesn’t even carry the product. :ohbfrank:

Neca has been doing this too long to be suck a clusterf|_|ck

Last edited:
It sounds like Target and Walmart are the ones ******* up, not NECA. What can NECA do? Between licensing restrictions and the target and walmart websites sucking, all they can do is keep reissuing figures, and they're doing that, so people don't have to pay scalpers ebay. It's just going to take time.

Yeah. NECA is going to be shipping more Bebop/ Rocksteady 2-packs too (I already have those two). I have probably posted this here before (I know I tweeted it), but with as much as the GameStop website sucks, I really appreciated being able to go in and preorder everything at the counter. Then, when the Splinter wave released, I helped my friend track the whole wave down by calling a GamStop and them checking their computer. Their system was accurate, and as I called each GameStop that showed the figure in stock, they confirmed availability and held it until I got there.

Yeah, the Turtles were easy to get at GameStop. The first time was a bit tough, but then they did that second run, which was pretty easy. The second wave of movie figures with Splinter, Shredder, and the two Soldiers was pretty easy to get though.

My local GameStop screwed up as they initially sold one of my Foot Soldiers I had pre-ordered, but they made it right and I actually wound up with a total of three Soldiers. Wishing I was able to find the Raphael/Casey Jones two pack.

Not sure why it seems these exclusives have taken a step backwards other than the fact that they changed retailers. Although they already had been working with Target. Walmart can be hit or miss for exclusives.

It’s Neca and Target and Walmart...not either/or. It’s both/and.

The reason Neca gets the most grief is they’re the manufacturer. It’s their product. So they will/should shoulder some, if not most, of the blame here. They are the ones telling the fans things will get better. Things will get easier. Things will be available. And none of that has been true. On the contrary. It has indeed gotten worse. So instead of sitting in a panel with the “I eat arse face.”
FED12C14-70AA-4EA8-B72D-EEB2B0CDD9DF.jpeg

They should make good on their promises.

If I’m trying to buy a car that I can’t locate, it’s only so long I’m gonna complain to the dealerships. Eventually, I’m going to lean into the manufacturer about the lack of availability. Especially when I’m getting the “Who’s on first” routine. Target is blaming the “vendor”/Neca and Neca is blaming Target :ohbfrank:

Again...both/and.

a8cc8dc78b64dc6af6016b1c22874719.jpg

The icing on the cake hahahaha

for those who **** on toys r us being expensive and gone **** y?all this is what you guys got hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't blame Neca. They're a small company and they need Walmart and Target, not the other way around. Walmart is just trash, just look at the Hasbro/Kenner Real Ghostbusters cluster ****. They were shipping the wrong figures, sometimes the same figures twice, they destroyed cards with the poor shipping and handling, and that was for a HASBRO product, a company much larger than NECA. With the lack of retailers available and no TRU, I can't fault Neca for putting up with Walmart's and Target's incompetence. Then there are the license restrictions from Playmates/Walmart/Target, which means they can't just put the figures on their Neca website or other online stores. Not to mention, they can't even sell their figures on the walmart or Target toy section, which would be a larger quantity of figures, but instead they have to put a small quantity on the DVD section. :dunno It sucks, but I can't blame neca.

It necessarily "blame" them, but they have to take some responsibility. Like with the SDCC TMNT set. Did that HAVE to go through Target? That's what I keep wondering; the set uses the movie turtle bodies, but it's not the movie turtles, it's the concert turtles. Is any live action piece part of the movie license? Why can they sell the movie Splinter on Lootcrate then?

I mean seriously how many of the concert set went into actual collector's hands? I've read slim reports on FB/IG/Twitter about success, but by and large most people never even saw them in stock. And you have to think they had way more available for online ordering this year as opposed to previous years since they had no in person sales at SDCC itself.

I know they're hamstrung by having to take these deals with Target and Walmart, but if they're going to be a collector company, they need to make sure the plans are in place to do so the right way. Gamestop had a preorder that took months to fulfill, and it was fine for the vast majority of people. Walmart/Target only seem to want to have a small limited 'in stock' sale and to drive people into stores. I get the reasoning, but it's driving a lot of people away. Their constant "we get it! we know you're upset!" helps nobody. It's honestly just crappy to hear that after a total failure of an exclusive like that. Pretty much anything else besides "we're going to take orders and make to order" at this point means nothing to me. They can talk all sorts of ******** they want about fixing the preorder system, doesn't help post-order.

I don't blame Neca. They're a small company and they need Walmart and Target, not the other way around. Walmart is just trash, just look at the Hasbro/Kenner Real Ghostbusters cluster ****. They were shipping the wrong figures, sometimes the same figures twice, they destroyed cards with the poor shipping and handling, and that was for a HASBRO product, a company much larger than NECA. With the lack of retailers available and no TRU, I can't fault Neca for putting up with Walmart's and Target's incompetence. Then there are the license restrictions from Playmates/Walmart/Target, which means they can't just put the figures on their Neca website or other online stores. Not to mention, they can't even sell their figures on the walmart or Target toy section, which would be a larger quantity of figures, but instead they have to put a small quantity on the DVD section. :dunno It sucks, but I can't blame neca.

I will blame them. They picked the line most of us care the least about, the video game figures, and gave them to a retailer, GameStop, that actually made them accessible by doing lengthy preorders and lots of in-store stocking. A lot of comic shops are also carrying them. Then they give one of the most demanded characters, the movie Casey, to the worst retailer in terms of actually ordering and stocking product (Walmart). They gave the rerelease movie turtles single packs to GameStop before and they were super easy to preorder and find in store. I get it, video game line for the video game retailer. But it certainly seems like they could have sent the other movie figures to GameStop instead as well and that it wasn?t a licensing issue. Even if you can blame Target over NECA for the problems with those figures, they clearly are still ****-ing up with their other offerings at the other stores.

Last edited:
Both/And...not Either/Or.

Small company??? That?s a bogus excuse. Super 7 is small. Somehow they worked in a pre-order deal with Playmates and their product is arguably more direct competition to Playmates than Necas rendition of the TMNT :huh

They all share this scarlet letter.

He||...Hot Toys is small. Small is relative to what? Mezco is small. They seem to be doing a little better.

Neca is unequivocally going backwards :ohbfrank:

Both/And...not Either/Or.

Small company??? That?s a bogus excuse. Super 7 is small. Somehow they worked in a pre-order deal with Playmates and their product is arguably more direct competition to Playmates than Necas rendition of the TMNT :huh

They all share this scarlet letter.

He||...Hot Toys is small. Small is relative to what? Mezco is small. They seem to be doing a little better.

Neca is unequivocally going backwards :ohbfrank:

Super 7 have a different price point and scale for each individual figure, so surely that's a factor. They're also not cartoon or movie accurate, but I don't know if that matters.

I meant Neca is small in relation to Walmart or Target. I doubt they care that much about Neca's complaints if they have any regarding their product distribution or availability. As I pointed out, they didn't give a **** about Habro's "collector" kenner reisue Ghostbuster figures.

Super 7 have a different price point and scale for each individual figure, so surely that's a factor. They're also not cartoon or movie accurate, but I don't know if that matters.

I meant Neca is small in relation to Walmart or Target. I doubt they care that much about Neca's complaints if they have any regarding their product distribution or availability. As I pointed out, they didn't give a **** about Habro's "collector" kenner reisue Ghostbuster figures.

I can’t imagine Target or Walmart not giving a damn as they are left with pissed off customers too! I already give most of my grocery money to Meijers. With Target screwing up, I can just drop them from getting any of my money. That doesn’t help Neca, Target or Walmart.

Again, Neca shares blame as well. Again, arguably more because they made the promises to fans...not Target. Not Walmart. Plus they have the empirical data on how this brand moves. They saw the success of the GameStop PO sales. Did they tell their retail partner? Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, they nor anyone else, can divorce them from this debacle. They are all to blame.

walmart and target consider toys a loss ladders, no one goes in their stores just for toys, they don?t care about collecting

walmart and target consider toys a loss ladders, no one goes in their stores just for toys, they don?t care about collecting

True. They sent my GB figures with no bubble in boxes too small so they bent the cards. They sent others in envelopes. I got Peter Venkman twice, and Ray sold out, so all they could do was give me a refund after I PO the figures 4 months in advanced. In the end, I got the figures a month late, damaged cards, and missing one of the main characters. :clap I'll never PO ANYTHING from Walmart website, but I still do my grocery shopping there. :dunno Does Walmart or Hasbro care? Nope, just toys....which, they are...

Ofdrdej.gif

Oh, I almost forgot the best part. The first wave of figures made it to the stores first, not those of us who preordered the figures. That first wave that hit stores, the cards had a "Who you gonna call?" tagline like the OG toys, but Hasbro somehow didn't have the license to use it, so subsequent reprints lost the taglines, including the ones we PO 4 months in advanced. :woo

I don't want hear more crying about Neca, damn it!! :cuss :lol

Well...this seems like even more of a reason to blame Neca. If the whole collecting community knows Target and Walmart couldn’t care less about collectibles, why in the f|_|ck would Neca get in bed with them as their primary distributors???

...unless it’s just about the money and Neca could give less than two f|_|cks about the collectors.

Either way, Neca still shares the blame...:huh

They beg to differ with their new collector initiatives they launched this week. They still don’t get it though.

Can?t really say the same about amazon, they are the worst in shipping, you could get a $1,000 figure sent with zero protection in an envelope with no bubble wrap. true story happened to me. i miss toys r us, the only dedicated business that actually cared about collecting even though they raised lego pricing by 5% [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Back