TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tokka and Rahzar are going to be up for a week long pre-order at NECA’s official site from July 31st-August 7th. Limit of two per order. We’ll have to see how this goes.

Pixel Dans interview with Randy:

https://youtu.be/Fjgvt60dNkI

Some of the main takeaways:
- Online sales for Super Shredder and further Wal-Mart stuff is going to be handled through the NECA website with much more stock allocated for online sale.
- They are trying to talk to Target about implementing a CAPTCHA system for their website.
- They have no control over when stores get their shipments or put their stock out. Having to spend a lot of time hunting for figures is just part of the game, he says.
- The mutagen tour sets should be trickling out to thousands of Targets over the next couple weeks.
- They plan on only offering any upcoming vehicles and playsets through the NECA website.
- He says they obviously want to sell as many figures as possible so it makes no sense to purposefully limit stock, then later says they constantly try to strike a balance not to flood their stock because they do not ever want their figures to get marked down or clearanced in order to maintain the demand and collectibility. So a definite contradiction there.
- Expect main characters like the turtles, Shredder, BB & RS to get restocked, reordered, released in different configurations so that they are more evergreen and fairly available for new collectors to find, however the more niche figures/characters will have more finite production runs. So I guess if you cannot find a figure like Muckman within the first couple months after it releases then you are SOL.
- And of course, the usual be happy that you are getting anything at all statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles? Hmm.

Excited for the preorder on Tokka and Rahzar and very happy to hear that it sounds like the Party Wagon is coming. I've had no luck at Target in getting any of the cartoon stuff though. :(

Anyone else picking up this set? Only found out about it recently and was able to order one randomly yesterday on BBTS after they had been showing out of stock. Looks like another just came back up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127138

Edit: Already gone. Worth keeping an eye on the listing though as it seems like they are popping back up 1 at a time for pre-order, I assume cancellations.

Anyone else picking up this set? Only found out about it recently and was able to order one randomly yesterday on BBTS after they had been showing out of stock. Looks like another just came back up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127138

Edit: Already gone. Worth keeping an eye on the listing though as it seems like they are popping back up 1 at a time for pre-order, I assume cancellations.

damn man sorry about that, i got it for the pre order price of 89.99 gamestop sold it for 71.99 with the 20% discount, bbts must had gotten a batch in and jacked up the pricing!!! that sucks [emoji24][emoji24]

This is why NECA should not use Walmart and Target to distribute these exclusive turtles. I was able to walk into my local Walmart store and pick these up today. I had one of the Walmart reps scan the barcode on my brickseek app and according to their scanner they didn?t have any in-stock. As I was checking out in electronics the rep came over to me with a box and ask me if this is what I was looking for, I almost hugged the guy, lol. I was going to buy all 4 of them but 2 out of the 4 boxes were damaged. I went ahead and picked up 3 and the 2 extras are already spoken for by other members on here. I?m not trying to make a profit but rather help out the community. If I come across any others I will let y?all know so check your Walmart?s because they are starting to pop up.

IMG_1286.jpg

Last edited:
I need a Metalhead if anyone finds an extra out there. Been checking 3-4 Targets daily. Nothing.

My Targets have too much Neca movie and Horror lines restocked up the yin yang..but no new Turtles :slap

Probably won’t see them for a while..it’s just how it is in my area :lecture

those Tokka and Rahzar are absolutely awesome!!! there might be no fan of them like me here. i dreamt non-stop! for 25 years to have them (and replace Playmates variants). i can definitely say that i always needed a good Tokka much more than good movie TMNT themselves (i need Rahzar just because they were both there).

some ebay scalper will be happy soon when i start looking for at least two sets, maybe three. maybe more.

p.s. this is creepy.

QH77q05.png

As a fan of the cartoon back then I always wished they'd been Rocksteady and Bebop so didn't really build an attachment to them. Happy to buy them now though, great looking figures.

That is of course if ordering from the NECA store is even viable. Still no sign of my Casey and Raph set. Covid or just the slowest shipping method possible?

So Tokka and Rahzar are Neca store exclusives both domestic and international. This means European local stores cant sell them. Actually its terrible news for European collectors :( They can never do this right for everyone appearantly. Anyway congrats for US residents.

While everyone heads to target cana you seing by the toy car section and check for micro machines and help me find the gold and silver packs? lolol jk

IaL4asV.jpg

QnDmYH3.jpg

Wn7dD4n.jpg

H9szLBv.jpg

3WAP3Lc.jpg

C4OSGOx.jpg

Just got the exclusive Baxter in, he's bigger than I thought but he's probably meant to crouch down like the original toy. I could get him to stand up straight legged as shown in the last pic, but it's hard to have him stand well, he's pretty top heavy. I also love he's called Bug Zapper Blue lol.

How’s the mouser? If it’s good I hope they find a way to release a pack of mousers.

Not bad, stiff joints. Mouth opens, head swivels, legs rotate at hip, and that's it. There's no paint details on this one, so not sure how the regular one will be.

Collectors are crazy, I?m on a mission to police up Micro Machines in my targets since Walmart and Target of course got different batches, I checked the Neca section of course, but it will never ever fail to see like 2 to 3 people looking for the neca figures. Never fails. A couple was hunting for them yesterday and stopped by the Star Wars section and just looked me as I filled a shopping cart full of Polly pockets and micro machines, lolol right now those super van city sets are going for triple the asking price and are harder to find, anyways visited 6 targets today, zero Neca figures, one guy was talking to friend on the phone talking ****, hahaha i went to five targets and wiped them out, and had a grin on his face as he walked to the register with a turtle mask box from Neca.

The Grind is real, but right now my motivation is MicroMachines and Polly pockets[emoji1787][emoji1787]

If you guys find the unicorn Chromed or Gold Starter sets, do not hesitate to buy them, they retail for 9.99 and are selling for 300usd lolololol
3d53c3fe99b48303fd5e4d87f61e0b07.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sort of wish the Tokka and Rahzar set wasn’t $70. Part of me doesn’t want to drop that much for them since I don’t like the film as much, but they do look cool. I guess they are fair sized and supposedly this is the only chance to get them. I most likely will order.

After those two, Super Shredder, and the Raphael in Disguise/Casey Jones two pack I think I’ll be finished with collecting the movie Turtles stuff. Unless NECA pulls off something I’m not thinking of or makes April or other human characters like Tatsu, Keno, or a Casey with an Elias Koteas sculpt.

Back