Time for MOLA RAM figures. Let's start a new chant. All with me now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think I'd be in the camp with the crazy "Kali-ma" look and headress. The headress is all kinds of cool/creepy even though he only wears it for a short period.

While it is a little over the top and I agree it runs the risk of it looking odd if the face/headress sculpt isn't quite nailed, I just think it has more shelf value - and to me it's Mola's most iconic look with the flaming heart raised.

Excited to see if this comes through. I have had a head set aside for a Mola for a while, but obviously it's not a perfect match likeness-wise.

Here's his latest reply:
"Ok, I could do the head sculpt with the hottoys neck like your Brendan for ?200 and the Headdress for ?100 and mould each one for ?50. The headdress has hair which I could make for one of the casts for this price. So the total for the sculpts would be ?300 and ?100 to mould. I also wouldn't be able to start for 4-5 weeks. Let me know what they think or ask them to contact me directly if they have any other questions. Cheers, Pete"

Let me know what y'll think. As for the different expressions, I guess we need a poll, right? Oh, those ? are pounds.

BTW, here is the Mola we where suppossed to get from BlindVoyer. Makes me sad and mad we never got this. mr-f4l_zpsb2af9782.jpg

Head still looks good. What year was that? 2009? I even like the expression.

That's the look I think I would most likely pose in my display, even if I had the headdress. I like the painted red head. I think BlindVoyeur also had that skull cup too.

Here's his latest reply:
"Ok, I could do the head sculpt with the hottoys neck like your Brendan for ?200 and the Headdress for ?100 and mould each one for ?50. The headdress has hair which I could make for one of the casts for this price. So the total for the sculpts would be ?300 and ?100 to mould. I also wouldn't be able to start for 4-5 weeks. Let me know what they think or ask them to contact me directly if they have any other questions. Cheers, Pete"

Let me know what y'll think. As for the different expressions, I guess we need a poll, right? Oh, those ? are pounds.

I not familiar with all the steps in this type of thing, I usually just get in line with a fixed price for a delivered sculpt. So let me make sure I understand clearly:

Head sculpt: $200
Headdress sculpt: $100

Moulding -- is that "casting" it off? If so, then $50 per cast?

He did not add a price for adding the hair to the headdress -- and he said he'd do for just one of the casts? What's the price to do each one?

So here's some math:

If we get 10 guys, then the head + headdress would be $30 each... PLUS $50 per cast... so essentially $130 for one set of head + headdress.

OR, for those willing to accept the sculpt without the headdress, it would be $20 each (head) plus $50 (cast) = $70 for Mola's head

Keep in mind we still need to get these painted.

Is that correct?

Last edited:
Wow, this might actually come together. Price sounds reasonable too, if Wor-Gar's math is right. Thanks for your efforts, everyone!

Just remember to convert to pounds. 130/pounds = 167$.

Well Punisher and myself are interested in head only.

Flyandfight and Talibane want the headdress.

Head: 4
Headdress: 2

Here's my logic: the price for the head with headdress will be close to $200 once shipped from England. Then you need to get it painted, that could be another $200 if you can't do it yourself.

Head alone is about $90.

You also have to consider getting that headdress to sit perfectly on the sculpt -- not easy -- and without scraping your paintwork. Also, hairing the headdress will cost extra (or be a pain in the ass).

That all said, perhaps there can be TWO head project "Teams"... we all need to band together for the head, but maybe the headdress is up to only those who want the additional accessory. In other words, the cost will rise on the headdress depending on how many guys want it (if fewer than 10).

For instance, there's 4 people interested: me, punisher, fly and Tali -- each pays $30 toward the head... we need 6 more people to get the head for $30 each... or the four pay $75 each to close.

2 of those people (Tali and fly) want the headdess -- each of them two pays $10 -- they need 8 more people to get the headdress for $10.... or they pay $50 each to close.

Last thing: I reached out to d-arts to see if he is still offering the Mola Ram outfit. If so, perhaps he would be open to reworking the outfit to be more accurate.

Last edited:
Been PM'ing Wor-Gar and he had some ? regarding D-Arts clothes. Here is a custom piece I had made. I had comm. it twice from them over a two year period and they matched up well. Also ? regarding HS size. b48c9420dcd9dc21624403dc3043299e.jpg8591e703ec6e6b13760b241d83083114.jpg

Attachments

• 8591e703ec6e6b13760b241d83083114.jpg
    8591e703ec6e6b13760b241d83083114.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52
Well Punisher and myself are interested in head only.

Flyandfight and Talibane want the headdress.

Head: 4
Headdress: 2

Here's my logic: the price for the head with headdress will be close to $200 once shipped from England. Then you need to get it painted, that could be another $200 if you can't do it yourself.

Head alone is about $90.

You also have to consider getting that headdress to sit perfectly on the sculpt -- not easy -- and without scraping your paintwork. Also, hairing the headdress will cost extra (or be a pain in the ass).

That all said, perhaps there can be TWO head project "Teams"... we all need to band together for the head, but maybe the headdress is up to only those who want the additional accessory. In other words, the cost will rise on the headdress depending on how many guys want it (if fewer than 10).

For instance, there's 4 people interested: me, punisher, fly and Tali -- each pays $30 toward the head... we need 6 more people to get the head for $30 each... or the four pay $75 each to close.

2 of those people (Tali and fly) want the headdess -- each of them two pays $10 -- they need 8 more people to get the headdress for $10.... or they pay $50 each to close.

Last thing: I reached out to d-arts to see if he is still offering the Mola Ram outfit. If so, perhaps he would be open to reworking the outfit to be more accurate.

If the math Wor-Gar provided is right that is very doable for sure. The head is what I need since I have no painting skills I will have to get it painted too. I hope we can get this project to see the light of day.

Been PM'ing Wor-Gar and he had some ? regarding D-Arts clothes. Here is a custom piece I had made. I had comm. it twice from them over a two year period and they matched up well. Also ? regarding HS size.

I've had a number of single items made by D-arts (Deniz) over the years and he's always been a very kind soul and I've been happy with his work.

I reached out to him yesterday and his Mola Ram outfit is stills available. It's $35 as is. I find it a bit simple and would like to get a little more out of it personally, and of course would be willing to pay a higher price for a fuller, more accurate outfit. I have to ask him about that yet... but I wanted to see if others felt the same or I there is another source for the full outfit.

Also, there's a wrinkle with Deniz -- he's in Turkey and says that PayPal no longer services his country. He hopes to have a new payment system up by Jan 2020.

Here's the outfit on site. It looks like a good place to start...

D-arts MOLA Comp 11-7-19.jpg

If the math Wor-Gar provided is right that is very doable for sure. The head is what I need since I have no painting skills I will have to get it painted too. I hope we can get this project to see the light of day.

Just remember my math was in US dollars, not British Pounds... so the final tally will be a little higher.

Also, I'm going to star a Project Thread so it will be a little cleaner and people can see there's an actual project trying to get started. I will transfer the interest here over to the new thread, so if you've changed your mind let me know.

Last edited:
Back