Time for MOLA RAM figures. Let's start a new chant. All with me now...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Mola comes with that skull tower thing, then I doubt we'll get an extra head.

But it would be nice to have a stern expression, and an extra head with cackling expression for holding the flaming heart!

Hate to say it but people on here should get together a run of Mola Rams. I think there'd be at least a dozen people who would want a Mola. This Indy forum is kinda dead most of the time but I think once everyone was aware of it they'd be interested. I wonder if there's a way to use a shrunken version of the SSC PF Mola Ram and headdress. That's really the only complex thing - it's really just a black/red shawl and muscle body once the head/headdress is taken care of.

As you can see, we've been screaming for this for many years. This thread is from 2008.

I would love a Mola Ram. Been looking for parts forever... but there's literally nothing good. No sculpt. No headdress. No beads. The clothing is too unique to be found.

It would have to be a project. And custom projects are not cheap. This would be $250 at least. Then the sculpt commission... and then the paintwork. This figure would cost around $350-$500 to make a good one.

I would pay 350-400 for a great Mola Ram. He is needed to go with Indy. Very Iconic villain. My favorite villain is Toht but Mola Ram is a close second.

Me too.

But, as simple as Mola Ram's outfit is, there's just so many parts that need to be made that it encompasses getting at least 3 customizers involved:
sculpt
clothing
extras (beads, headdress, boots, etc)

That's a whale to organize well. And to make sure everything works.

That headdress with real faux hair will be very difficult to find anyone wanting to do it for a price less than the sculpt itself.

Then getting everyone to agree on one single expression: grim or screaming

The outfit is probably the easiest and most straightforward thing to get made, but finding a tailoring who isn't a 1.5 years out isn't easy.

Hopefully someone with good contacts will see this thread and get something started.

I'm really only after a head. Would prefer this look with no headdress (he only wears it about half the time anyway):
Molaram2.jpg
The "beads" appear to be teeth and/or bone fragments. Probably something close can be found in the beading section of Michael's.

I just finished my Thuggees after several years, so they need a leader:
IMG_1282.jpg
Whoops, sorry the pic is on its side!

Thanks! I should probably start a thread for them with more pics (or maybe just drop them in the Indy customizations thread).

Technically, they are still missing katars and the 'wolf-head' belt buckles, but they're finished enough for me to display. I was held up on the turbans for the longest time!

I'm sort of on a ToD kick now and need to get started on Shorty.

Might be able to get the sculptor that did my Rick O'connell sculpts. Really great price. rickface1.jpg
Don't know why it shows two.

Attachments

• rickface1.jpg
    rickface1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 70
Ok. I PM'D via facebook with these 3 pics asking if he would do 2 sculpts.Molaram2.jpg1molaHEADS.jpgabd16540e5bf2c7281d51f8ac9554246.jpg

Attachments

• 1molaHEADS.jpg
    1molaHEADS.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 75
Yes. I like the headdress but I don't need it.

Most of the movie he didn't wear it. It looks dramatic, but it could also look cheap if not done exceptionally well and with real faux hair. Also, I think the more simple look works fine for the shelf and would certainly be easier to realize.

I hate the lose Mola's "hat" -- since almost everyone in Indy movies has one -- but the simpler this figure remains, the more likely it might happen.

I agree with War-Gor. Mola Ram with Headdress would look awesome but be hard to pull off plus I would want to pose him with the flaming heart in his hand if he had the headdress. Iconic bridge scene Mola Ram would be completely fine with me.

If the quote is reasonable and we have enough interest to start an actual project for this, should we start a "Custom 1/6 MOLA RAMM Project" thread so others will take notice that this is a NEW project?

I have no idea who might be interested in this figure besides a handful of us here, but we could use all the help we can get to make this happen.

Has anybody got any leads for an outfit besides d-art studios? Not certain d-arts is still doing this set: https://www.d-artstudios.com/molaram.php ... but he's a really nice guy.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I'd be in the camp with the crazy "Kali-ma" look and headress. The headress is all kinds of cool/creepy even though he only wears it for a short period.

While it is a little over the top and I agree it runs the risk of it looking odd if the face/headress sculpt isn't quite nailed, I just think it has more shelf value - and to me it's Mola's most iconic look with the flaming heart raised.

Excited to see if this comes through. I have had a head set aside for a Mola for a while, but obviously it's not a perfect match likeness-wise.

Back