Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty amazing! Kinda weird...but Alice in Wonderland is weird!

Here is the thing. Burton has become too Burton even for his own tastes. He has a gothic style that even he himself has had to overdo to appease those who follow his stylings. Charlie and Chocolate Factory was a great example of him being "Too Burton" for his own good where it seemed absolutely forced. This feels the same way except instead of having a darker, more adult take on the story, its Burton Light done for the Mouse to be able to merchandise the hell out of.

I really like Johnny Depp, I wasn't impressed by his Mad Hatter. The movie looks like it'll be a great film over all visually but I don't have many high hopes in terms of the film's overall quality. I smell another Planet of the Apes or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where people talk about how great it looks but how the movie itself wasn't anything to scream about.

Agreed, though I love Charlie.

I prefer the gothic take of American McGee's Alice game.

Rewatching it recently, made me realize Sleepy Hollow is IMO, the best horror movie of the past decade. Tim Burton is a natural who needs to do more gothic horror instead of dolling up Johnny Depp and putting his "quirky spin" on movies that don't need it.

Back