Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you all familiar with Rotten Tomatoes?

It's a great website where film critics reviews are listed. I don't give a lot of credence to individual reviews for the most part, but the website is interesting because it gives you the percent of positive reviews across the board. And that I find is often a good way to judge the quality of a movie (although sometimes I still disagree with the collective "experts").

Here are all the movies Tim Burton Directed (or Directed and Produced) from best reviewed to worst. There were a few surprises to me:

1) [Tie] Pee Wee's Big Adventure; Ed Wood - 91%
2) Edward Scissorhands - 90%
3) Sweeney Todd - 86%
4) Corpse Bride - 83 %
5) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 82%
6) Beetlejuice - 81%
7) Batman Returns - 77%
8) Big Fish - 76%
9) Batman (1989) - 70%
10) Sleepy Hollow - 68%
11) Alice In Wonderland - 52%
12) Mars Attacks! - 49%
13) Planet of the Apes - 44%

As I said, there were a few that surprised me, but it was nice to see Sweeney Todd right up there with Edward! :)

Here are movies that he Produced, but did not Direct.

1) The Nightmare Before Christmas - 97%
2) James and the Giant Peach - 96%
3) 9 - 57%
4) [Tie] Batman Forever; Cabin Boy - 45%

Really?
...Cabin Boy?!?! :google

That was news to me!

I love Sleepy Hollow - that would rank high on the list for me. Only thing I didn't like about it was Christini Ricci.

3) Sweeney Todd - 86%
4) Corpse Bride - 83 %
6) Beetlejuice - 81%
7) Batman Returns - 77%
8) Big Fish - 76%
9) Batman (1989) - 70%
10) Sleepy Hollow - 68%
12) Mars Attacks! - 49%
I generally agree with this, but think Sweeney Todd and Willy Wonka might be listed a bit too highly. I would put Beetlejuice and Batman above both. Ed Wood is Burton's masterpiece, IMO.

Well you all know how I feel about Sweeney Todd...

I personally don't get why Charlie and the Chocolate Factory got such a bad rap. I think 82% may be a tiny bit high, but it's close IMO.

Are you all familiar with Rotten Tomatoes?

It's a great website where film critics reviews are listed. I don't give a lot of credence to individual reviews for the most part, but the website is interesting because it gives you the percent of positive reviews across the board. And that I find is often a good way to judge the quality of a movie (although sometimes I still disagree with the collective "experts").

Here are all the movies Tim Burton Directed (or Directed and Produced) from best reviewed to worst. There were a few surprises to me:

3) Sweeney Todd - 86%
4) Corpse Bride - 83 %
6) Beetlejuice - 81%
7) Batman Returns - 77%
8) Big Fish - 76%
9) Batman (1989) - 70%
10) Sleepy Hollow - 68%
12) Mars Attacks! - 49%

As I said, there were a few that surprised me, but it was nice to see Sweeney Todd right up there with Edward! :)

Here are movies that he Produced, but did not Direct.

1) The Nightmare Before Christmas - 97%
2) James and the Giant Peach - 96%
3) 9 - 57%
4) [Tie] Batman Forever; Cabin Boy - 45%

Really?
...Cabin Boy?!?! :google

That was news to me!

I had no idea I had seen everyone of his movies! Wait, what about Frankenweenie!

Back