TIE Fighter Pilot RAH figure from Medicom Toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first Medicom to tempt me, cause I love the ANH look. How much smaller than SSC is this updated body? Tie Pilots were smaller compared to the rest so if this is close, I'll be temped

I saw this on the sideshow website first and suddenly got really excited... and then i saw it was medicom.

NUTS!

On a positive note it looks cool for those who collect medi

I'll likely pick up one, but actually would have preferred an all black helmet, but those seem to be going for $300+ so I don't think so. Are the Marmits better?

Personally from seeing the marmit and the medicom in person I would go with the marmit if you can get it for a good price. I like it better and if you want to mod it you have extra funds to do it. Plus I tend to hate the medicom bodies (doesn't matter which one they all suck) so there is a slight bonus there.

*Edit: I love the look of the medicom pilots but they are not worth the price tag in my opinion.

I have both Medicom and Marmit, and the Medi looks to be ANH Pilot and Marmit ROTJ. The new Medi seems like a combo.

I only have the Marmit TIE Pilot. I am tempted to get this although I have stayed away from Medicom figures for quite some time now.

The height difference of Medicom RAH body and other 1/6 figures is an issue for me but if they are using the new body then hopefully the height difference with other 1/6 figures won't be too obvious.

Very close to placing a pre-order for this with my LCS... :)

Medi uses this variant of the TIE helmet (out of 4 variants):

tiehelmetpaint4.jpg

My recently arrived Laws TIE lid with the same pattern:

lawstiefighterpilothelm.jpg

Jnko... between the Marmit and Medicom; which would be your preference?

Medicom TIE Pilot is ANH and Marmit is ROTJ, so in a way they are different. I prefer the Medi in this case (I mean the old one I can compare the Marmit with), but may be because I had to fix the Marmit I got. The black suit fits the Medi better, even if the body is smaller. I also prefer the hands/gloves on the Medi. But if talking about Stormies then Marmit is above Medi, no discussion about it

I like the marmit, however I have a few nitpicks I need to address and eventually fix

1- the gloves are ugly and suck..I plan on porting the figure onto a sideshow body(prob clone since TA has them cheap all the time)

2- the belt is super tight and hard to get on- ill swap it with an imperial sideshow belt if I can ever find one

3- the neck can sometime be exposed- this would be corrected with a spare neck seal from a clone or sandtrooper

If the figure is Posed with consideration of the neck issue and with the hands behind the back(which is a good pose anyway in my opinion) then only the belt issue is visible.
I dot mean to rip on this figure, I do really like it just have to nitpick those few things

This figure looks bad ***, but unlike most people I don't want a pilot standing around jerking off. Someone needs to produce a poly 3 sided TIE cockpit. :lecture

^ That's a great idea actually!! :lol

Yeah, the Imperials need to be posed dynamically (ERGs perhaps as an exception) - I can see this guy running to his fighter after an announcement over the Death Star intercom. :rock

I'd buy it for $150 shipped. Damn you Medicom with your ridiculous prices and terrible bodies.

I like the marmit, however I have a few nitpicks I need to address and eventually fix

1- the gloves are ugly and suck..I plan on porting the figure onto a sideshow body(prob clone since TA has them cheap all the time)

2- the belt is super tight and hard to get on- ill swap it with an imperial sideshow belt if I can ever find one

3- the neck can sometime be exposed- this would be corrected with a spare neck seal from a clone or sandtrooper

If the figure is Posed with consideration of the neck issue and with the hands behind the back(which is a good pose anyway in my opinion) then only the belt issue is visible.
I dot mean to rip on this figure, I do really like it just have to nitpick those few things

Indeed, the Marmit TIE Pilot is my less favorite from all the Marmit figures I own. I used a bit of black tape to cover the neck joint for now - maybe a neck seal in the future. The gloves are too shiny, otherwise ok in size and appearance - though they fall off quite easily. He could use a set of Praji gloves. I also display my pilot with hands behind his back. My belt came glued and with some glue marks on it (don't ask :slap) so I needed to fix it as good as I could. But between the Medi and Marmit TIE Pilots I prefer the Medicom

Wanted to get the Medi Tie Fighter when they released it but it was a limited release so i hesitated with the price and off they went. Prices are crazy now.

Was exited when i saw the release of another tie fighter but was disappointed that they chose the high rank pilot with the white stripes. The original full black helmet looks much nicer.

So guess the force wasn't strong enough.

I'd buy it for $150 shipped. Damn you Medicom with your ridiculous prices and terrible bodies.

I own several figs with the new Medi body, and I can attest it is significantly improved.

I have the Vader 2.0, the Darth Maul Reissue, the ROTJ Boba Fett and the Geonosis Jango, and none of them has given me a single issue, body-wise.

I feel confident in saying no longer a problem. They're bigger than before, too.

I know I'm bringing this back from the semi dead, but I was wondering if anybody could fill me in of how the helmet is made on this fig. Is it rubber/vinyl like the Marmit or is it hard plastic?

Back