Statue Thror. The King under the mountain. 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was planned for Q4 2014 initially.

Damn it. Oh well, I'm patient... I can wait.

tumblr_n7kwdwa20w1s9v34to2_500.gif

Megan has confirmed in S&F that Thror will be shipping before December 31st together with Bard, Smauglet, Black Arrow and Saruman's Staff. So it is Q4 after all!

Megan has confirmed in S&F that Thror will be shipping before December 31st together with Bard, Smauglet, Black Arrow and Saruman's Staff. So it is Q4 after all!

Thanks for that...going to be an expensive few months by the looks of it! :gah:

Thror is top of my ever growing list at the moment. I have even bought a cheap little ornament in the Halloween sales simply to remove the little colour changing LED light fitting (with switch) to fit at the back of Thror's throne to light up the Arkenstone :wink1:

This is the biggest surprise piece so far and I am hoping that one of the Big things on WETA's horizon is a certain other King on his Throne, complete with scribe !

Thror is top of my ever growing list at the moment. I have even bought a cheap little ornament in the Halloween sales simply to remove the little colour changing LED light fitting (with switch) to fit at the back of Thror's throne to light up the Arkenstone :wink1:

This is the biggest surprise piece so far and I am hoping that one of the Big things on WETA's horizon is a certain other King on his Throne, complete with scribe !

It is a great looking piece. I was surprised at just how much it blew me away at SDCC and I love that we can do the light if we so choose.

Man, I hope we get a good size Goblin King. :pray:

Thror is up for sale as per of Weta's Black Friday. He will be $299 instead of the normal $350 until Sunday. He's about $25 more than I expected him to be but he's a damn good looking statue.

Yeah so this guy is shipping now? If it was a PO I would order but even with the nice deal, I just dropped $250 on gollum/bilbo and $300 on a new 40" TV this morning. I think that's enough for black friday... And it's still Thursday lol.

This will not be sold out for awhile. At least not till well into 2015 anyway. Maybe even longer. This is a very different piece but so far none of the dwarves have come close to selling out yet. I knew in my gut it was gonna be $350. All in all a beauty. That BF sale $299 ain't that bad at the moment too considering you get $45 Weta dollars back

The price as I said is just a smidge off of what I expected from SDCC but the sale price is quite a nice deal on such a fantastic piece. Getting back $45 Weta Dollars is just gravy and will put me back at $75 when it ships.

Back