Statue Thror. The King under the mountain. 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEY
Picked him up like 15 seconds after he appeared on the list:hi5:
Now I need Bolg and Beorn's House pls. Bolg better not cost over $249

YEY
Picked him up like 15 seconds after he appeared on the list:hi5:
Now I need Bolg and Beorn's House pls. Bolg better not cost over $249
Good luck with the Bolg and Beorns house price thing...I bet they will be $275 or $299 for each

Good luck with the Bolg and Beorns house price thing...I bet they will be $275 or $299 for each
And what is their excuse? Thror is huge and has lots of environment. Bolg is just a standing dude like all the $249 statues.
Beorn's House is super tiny and once weta starts balancing ES with price there is no way back from hell. ES should only matter on sec market, not on retail.

I call powercreep if any of the upcoming 1:6 cost more than 250

And what is their excuse? Thror is huge and has lots of environment. Bolg is just a standing dude like all the $249 statues.
Beorn's House is super tiny and once weta starts balancing ES with price there is no way back from hell. ES should only matter on sec market, not on retail.

Radagast,Tauriel and Thranduil were $275. No way in hell Bolg will be less than $275 unless a sale thingy happens like Thror, who knows? Beorns house is limited to 750 ES and is not that small with the trees. I think it'll be $299 maybe even more. But no way will it be less than $275. Hey I hope I'm wrong and it's 50 bucks

I'm having a hard time deciding whether this will be very popular since it's unique and really well done or if it's too obscure to sell out without getting some heavier discounts like Tauriel and Thranduil did at BBTS before selling out there.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether this will be very popular since it's unique and really well done or if it's too obscure to sell out without getting some heavier discounts like Tauriel and Thranduil did at BBTS before selling out there.
I think it'll be a long while before he sells out...maybe even a year from now...It does have a lot going for it like the Throne/Arkenstone which adds coolness factor. but at $350 pricey for some

I think it'll be a long while before he sells out...maybe even a year from now...It does have a lot going for it like the Throne/Arkenstone which adds coolness factor. but at $350 pricey for some
This I agree on. 1000 Statues don't sell out that quickly nowadays anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if Thror still was available for next Christmas.

I'm really tempted to get this because I also have 50 weta dollars and I would like to get it 100 dollars cheaper but I just ordered Kili.

Ordered at $299. With $50 discount plus getting $45 in weta rewards I was ok with that. I just hope that it's really in stock... Which means from Weta a shipping notice for me normally by Monday or Tues :) . Shipping this to east US was $35 which I was a little surprised about. Thought it would be under $25. Still better than Canada. I can't believe the shipping quotes I'm hearing

Why are you getting angry about something that hasn't happened?

Why are you getting angry about something that hasn't happened?
Because I don't weta to end up like SS. And I am not angry at all. Since Adolfo made interesting points I wanted to ask why he thought weta would do something like that. Nothing more.

Because I don't weta to end up like SS. And I am not angry at all. Since Adolfo made interesting points I wanted to ask why he thought weta would do something like that. Nothing more.

Have no fears about Weta being like SS. None at all. But Weta is a business and they gotta see if they can make some money, and rightfully so are testing the waters. Company, Subject matter, Size, paint apps, Good Sculpt vs bad sculpt, and ES are what I take into account when it comes to pricing. Plus comparison to past pieces helps too.

I think a year may be a stretch. I want to get this but have already more than blown my budget for this weekend. Hopefully I can get this for around $250 in a 3-6 months.

I think a year may be a stretch. I want to get this but have already more than blown my budget for this weekend. Hopefully I can get this for around $250 in a 3-6 months.

Another factor for thinking this May take a while to sell is that none of the dwarves sold out yet. Plus many have A lot of pieces on their hit list. Some will get all the Weta pieces and some must choose. A few I know don't have the funds for this and say Smaug and or Balrog. So they gotta make a choice. It ain't the old days. Only Tauriel and Azog has sold out. It's tougher to sell these things nowadays. And after this third film it's over man.

Very true. I haven't bought any of the other dwarves and only eventually plan to get Thorin, Balin and Dwalin. But this piece is pretty magnificent. It's so unique I can see it doing better than other dwarves but you are right, with Balrog and Smaug around the corner, those come first for almost everybody and most can't afford both of those. I have no doubts Thror will be available for a while, the question is whether $300 is the best price he will be available for. Just a guessing game really. No way of knowing.

Watched the extended Desolation of Smaug yesterday and even more annoyed I missed the deal on Gandalf. But got me really excited for Bolg. Also wonder if they will make a Thrain at some point. And which version... War or crazed.

Another Gandalf deal will come sooner or later. I held off buying Nori because I knew he would go on sale. So I bought him for the BF sale $199 price. I tell ya the Weta Dollars rewards is fantastic at 15%. It's great getting that back. I won't order any OE or any of the regular Dwarves(4 remaining) straight away because I will down the road get it cheaper. It means of course waiting but just thinking economics.

So ironic that even in Midddle Earth its the female character that sells out first. I see now SS is basically constantly sending 10% off coupons meaning their business model is moving towards that of Michaels and JC Penneys. I see Weta making similar moves, they capture the "gotta haves" at release and the rest of us wait for a sale. I haven't checked but has Tauriel done anything on the secondary market?

Last edited:
So ironic that even in Midddle Earth its the female character that sells out first. I see now SS is basically constantly sending 10% off coupons meaning their business model is moving towards that of Michaels and JC Penneys. I see Weta making similar moves, they capture the "gotta haves" at release and the rest of us wait for a sale. I haven't checked but has Tauriel done anything on the secondary market?

I looked earlier today actually and seems the last few on ebay sold for like $400or so with shipping. Crazy since Tauriel was discounted too before selling out. Got mine for like $210 at bbts.

I looked earlier today actually and seems the last few on ebay sold for like $400or so with shipping. Crazy since Tauriel was discounted too before selling out. Got mine for like $210 at bbts.

Sex sells....

On EU-ebay you can get one for 240eur. Pretty much the same price as before but I dont feel like buyng a made up character.

Back