Threezero Tyrion Lannister (season 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic, not sure if I'll be buying it though as I am trying to stick to a one figure per character rule for this line! :panic:

Surprised they’re double dipping but I’m all in on this line so always happy to see a new release. Looks great so far! Do think we needed a new Jon before a new Tyrion though.

Thoughts?
70d75b93fab813c12ad6fddc1f632154.jpg

"I am the God of toys and wine!"

This looks fantastic. I have the first one, but will definitely pick up this version as well. Hopefully this means a S6/7 Dani (both black and white costumes) as long as there's a new head sculpt, as well as S7 Jon and S7 Jaime. Agree with those calling for Brienne. I still need to PO Arya. I think she will look fine with the hair fixed up.

Here's what I'd still like to see for this line:
- Night King
- S1/2 Cersei
- S1 Robert
- Joffrey
- Khal Drogo (whatever happened to this?)
- KotN Robb in armor
- Sansa
- Ygritte
- Varys
- Littlefinger
- Klegane in armor (I'm sure there will be a face reveal this final season)

There are several other great characters for this series that I would also welcome (Oberyn, Tywin, Ramsey, Davos), but to me those are the essentials.

I'd love a big collection if well done, but I doubt we'll see that many characters. S1/2 Cersei, Joffrey, Rob and Sansa would be my favorites among your list. Tywin too.

Asmus is good and gives lots of accessories but overall lacks in material quality (i.e. cheap/synthetic looking leather/fabric), has subpar paint jobs and occassional scale/sculpting issues. Sometimes they can really knock it out of the park but I always find there are still some issues with their figures that require some kind of modificafion. I think threezero is the best company to hold the license other than Hot Toys although they really need to starting including more accessories like basic stands...

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I strongly disagree. Asmus is doing top notch work, specially in material quality. Threezero is not bad, but they're the ones doing plastic belts and swords vs Asmus real leather and diecast metal swords. Both companies are a bit weak in sculpts and mostly are hit and miss. That said, Threezero looks totally committed to the line, and I'm quite happy with their outfits and armors. I'll continue supporting them and purchasing almost each release from them, but I know I'll have to seek for custom solutions for many of their figures, i.e. headsculpts and metal swords, repainting, rehairing, etc.

Asmus does not use real leather, nobody does since it degrades. And yes hence why I said they can really hit it out of the park but other times I am a bit disappointed with some figures like Boromir. They can make great use of textiles and combining various materials (i.e. Grishnakh) but I personally don't like their leather and suede fabric. Their use of metal is good but you can notice that their blades are often too thick and not sharp looking. I have high standards for materials/textiles since I do custom work but they do give great figures for the price although I find they need more modification than 3A figures to be perfect. They also have problems with headsculpts but Threezeros likeness issues are usually a result of QA/QC rather than artist inaccuracy.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I see your points. Still, I'm usually more pleased with my Asmus figures than my 3Zeros. And they need to address those QC issues with headsculpts. Asmus had a lot of problems with this too, like their Tauriel, but looks like they're doing much better lately. I cross fingers so Threezero can keep the prototype quality in their production pieces.

He looks fantastic, but I'm not interested in a S7 iteration of Tyrion so I might pass. I'd rather see a new character.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

At least with Asmus, you get customer engagement and they actually commit to the line. 3Z is literally 6 figures delivered, 3 more solicited = 9 figures total and they are already teasing remakes with SOOOO many interesting characters to make from the series. I get it, they need to play catch up. But their 10th figure is a redo. And not a redo on one of their turds like Jon Snow or even Dany. They decide to redo one of their better offerings :ohbfrank:

At least with Asmus, we’d probably be deeper into show characters by now that are arguably low first tier, high second tier figures like Brienne, Khal Drogo, King Robert, Rob Stark, Tywin Lannister...or the friggin Iron Throne?!?!

Hell, Asmus even made a friggin fully articulated horse...that’s got to be more difficult than that throne!

That is their best head sculpt to date, the paint, too. But I've been burned before....

I am surprised we've gotten a new PO. That's 4 since February.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back