Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get creative in displaying these two figures and the discrepancies may be lessened. However, I also get that for what is being asked price-wise for these figures one should not have to deal with fixing a major flaw. As consumers we speak with our wallets. If we continue to support things like this we will continue to get half-assed work.
I bought the Furiosa figure at well under $100. It was purchased knowing it was a project figure. I can not see myself purchasing this figure at over $200 and making it a project figure.

Don’t entirely agree with you here. I’d say for the price HT sells their stuff, they are not allowed to make a mistake. Here, I do forgive them somewhat because the price is nowhere near a HT release, so I’m not that pissed. However, I’m really disappointed because I’m stuck so far to my Sideshow X files display as I really don’t know what the hell i can do with Scully.

I can’t display her, obviously, I don’t want to cheat by placing her in front, and I don’t really want to sell her because, as a lone figure, she’s quite decent. So, I guess both Mulder and Scully will remain for eternity in their package... unless someone offers a replacement Scully or there is a private commission for her. Still won’t be the same as she won’t be official.

I don’t think it’s creative or a cheat to use a pose that most would have naturally used. If you had to hide Scully behind Mulder to make it work that would be another story entirely.

What ever we call it one is going to have to find a display option one can live with.
In certain shots it does not look that bad, but in others it's glaring how out of scale the figure is.

If anybody wants to ditch Mulder and Scully, I'll take em off yer hands for $100!!! :wink1:

It's disgraceful that you pay $170 dollars for this 1/6 scale figure and for it to be totally out of scale to mulder is pathetic. I did order it and probably keep it but not happy with the final product..

Let's be honest...people can like whatever they like but the Scully figure is a dumpster fire. You should not have to pose any figure a certain way to tolerate it in a display. It's a fail. Plain and simple. I get wanting to defend something that you spent money on but come on...they obviously and objectively dropped the ball on this one.

Let's be honest...people can like whatever they like but the Scully figure is a dumpster fire. You should not have to pose any figure a certain way to tolerate it in a display. It's a fail. Plain and simple. I get wanting to defend something that you spent money on but come on...they obviously and objectively dropped the ball on this one.

This is about all there is to say on the matter.

If it's not a Michael Bay non-Transformer, threezero isnt going to put much effort behind it... but they'll still accept your $$$

I almost bust a gut laughing at this one, I mentioned on page 14 that they are a miss match when placed together but I had no idea back then that it would be this bad, the pictures make it look like father Mulder is walking his daughter Scully to school.

The funny thing about all this, they actually do resemble them but in a cartoony sort of way. I am too spoiled by the detail in HTs that I can't get myself to buy these even though i have wanted a Mulder & Scully for a long time. Their old Sideshow figures were some of the first 1/6 figures I ever saw, but back then i wasn't collecting 1/6. When you look at those old figures now, they aren't so pretty. :lol

"I like this figure"

"No, you don't"

What charming, civilized discourse we have here.

"I like this figure"

"No, you don't"

What charming, civilized discourse we have here.

Who's saying that? Everyone's just giving their opinions, mostly with "glad you like it" or "that works for you" but not saying "you're an idiot if you like this figure."

Who's saying that? Everyone's just giving their opinions, mostly with "glad you like it" or "that works for you" but not saying "you're an idiot if you like this figure."

To be fair, people are saying, and I'm paraphrasing here: "glad you like it, but objectively speaking, this figure sucks ass. And if you like it enough to buy it, then you're part of the problem."

Looks like VTS Furiosa all over again....

The good news is with a little work, you probably could salvage the figure.

I loved Furiosa, so I put some more cash into it to make my custom.....

And because of all the love Input in it, its one of my favorite figures.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

For anyone curious I tried to put her suit on a regular hot toys body and also tried a couple of tbleauges. Nothing fits. The pants go over any of the asses the button does not close on the jacket.

When we say the figure can be salvaged with a little of work what that means is someone can start and head and outfit commission and build a new figure from scratch. there is nothing salvageable about any part of this disaster.

Is put almost endless money into a top notch custom. If I want to spend over 10 grand I could probably have a top notch mulder and scully. I don’t, I can’t and I also know 1.3 other people will back a custom run... when I did those heads a few years ago with dabbs I lost so much money I couldn’t sell those heads for a god damn I still have some left over.

No one wants these characters anymore. Even threezero does not care enough to put any effort into these figures after buying the rights to them. which means seemingly I’ll never have mulder and scully in my collection.

when I did those heads a few years ago with dabbs I lost so much money I couldn’t sell those heads for a god damn I still have some left over.

You have to admit, Dabbs' Scully wasn't very good either, so you had the same problem threezero has now.

Some can't handle people having opinions.

Nobody could look at this thread and say the people who are alright with the figure are the ones who can’t handle people having opinions. It’s the people critical of the figure who are behaving immaturely and irrationally.

I believe the whole point of the forum is to discuss figures, pros as well as cons. This thing is seriously underscaled, and it's only logical that those who have it, should point it out. It's not something that really interested me, so i'm impartial either way.

Research.
Or: "You don't really believe this, Mulder, do you?"

booked-Instagram.jpg

Back