Threezero: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1/6 Leatherface

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to pre-order..then saw it wanted me to pay the full amount..fu ck that! I hate paying the $20 pre-order deposit; so they're crazy wanting you to pay the total..unless it's being shipped out in the next few weeks (which it isn't of course). But yeah, I certainly don't have the money to pay full price on a figure I won't get until sometime next year. So, I'll miss out on a few accessories that I'd never use - except for the bracelet. ..Still really sucks though.

Ordered too, it remains to wait :rock

1148939_501717603245164_1512465311_n.jpg

Ordered the exclusive and got the free t-shirt that looks cool. Fingers crossed that it sells well and 3Z go ahead and make the pretty woman version which I prefer.

Am I missing something here? I've just never heard of a pre-order in which you have to pay the full amount. I was placing an order to get the exclusive, but it was showing that I have to pay the total..unless that's actually not the case.

Am I missing something here? I've just never heard of a pre-order in which you have to pay the full amount. I was placing an order to get the exclusive, but it was showing that I have to pay the total..unless that's actually not the case.

Yeah threezero threeA 1000toys...a bunch of toy companies have you pay upfront..

I think part of the reason threezero exclusives climb in value is because of the upfront payment system. Not as many order the exclusives and those that’s do typically really want to keep the figure, so what few are let go fetch a substantial price. Best order now than regret it later.

I think part of the reason threezero exclusives climb in value is because of the upfront payment system. Not as many order the exclusives and those that’s do typically really want to keep the figure, so what few are let go fetch a substantial price. Best order now than regret it later.
Makes complete sense. And yeah, these guys are definitely going to be much more sought after as compared to the exclusive, limited bounty hunter figure runs by Sideshow - for example. I just wish I made a lot more money than I do currently, as it's very hard to justify paying full price for a figure that isn't coming out for a while. And I really only want that version for the charm bracelet..cause I'd never display the other two items. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Michael Myers is definitely on my list of wants (would really prefer a part 1), but when I found out this guy was being made..I instantly said "I'm buying that as soon as it's available!" So glad they went with the original look.

Makes complete sense. And yeah, these guys are definitely going to be much more sought after as compared to the exclusive, limited bounty hunter figure runs by Sideshow - for example. I just wish I made a lot more money than I do currently, as it's very hard to justify paying full price for a figure that isn't coming out for a while. And I really only want that version for the charm bracelet..cause I'd never display the other two items. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Michael Myers is definitely on my list of wants (would really prefer a part 1), but when I found out this guy was being made..I instantly said "I'm buying that as soon as it's available!" So glad they went with the original look.

You'll have to pay for the full price eventually if you want the figure. It does suck having to pay for it upfront, but by the time it does ship, it almost seems free. I know I've enjoyed having previous ThreeZero figures ship without worrying about paying for them at that time as a nice treat from Past Me. Myers turned out pretty much just like the prototype and I don't expect Leatherface to be any different other than perhaps them fixing the apron to be more accurate. And if the figure doesn't end up that great, the exclusive will retain and likely increase its value. Many didn't like the early Got offers and now those figures go for well above their original retail prices. Once you get used to ThreeZero's method of upfront payment, you might even come to like it as I have. I actually wish Sideshow would offer the option to pay up front for the entire balance rather than just the deposit. Maybe even offer a slight discount like PCS does or free shipping or something?

Sometimes its just nice to get the payment out of the way and not have to worry about something, or several somethings, shipping rather unexpectedly or at an inopportune moment. I would hate having to choose between fixing the car, having a house repair or similar semi-emergency and a sold out pre-ordered figure. Obviously the figure would have to take the back seat to the necessities of life. At least ThreeZero keeps the pre-orders up for several weeks so you can budget accordingly now. You never know what the future may hold so if you can afford the figure now, its probably better to bite the bullet and pay up front than gamble and hope nothing seriously wrong may happen in the future. :dunno

I hope that puts your mind at ease at least a little. ThreeZero certainly isn't a scam company so I have no concerns in that regard of paying up front. The wait between payment and shipping can be brutal, but that's just the nature of the hobby sometimes. And really, going with them is the best deal overall. Free shipping, exclusive accessories, and even a T-Shirt. Plus they ship these out sometimes months before retailers even get ahold of them to start their round of shipping.

Good posting, Buttmunch! Sideshow should offer free shipping or some other incentive for paying the full amount up front in lieu of a deposit.

Back