Threezero - Robocop 2 - Robocain Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they deliver, I'll buy it. It's that simple. Had a bad experience with 3A (I know it's not threezero) and I've kinda had a resentment toward anything related to them since.

If they deliver, I'll buy it. It's that simple. Had a bad experience with 3A (I know it's not threezero) and I've kinda had a resentment toward anything related to them since.

I've had bad experiences with 3A also, paint problems on M.a.K Krote (had to send back) Halo Sparton, well that was just a mess (sent back) Reel Steel Bot would not stand (sold it)
Threezero Is run by kim Fung Wong and everything I have seen and bought from them has been on a different level from 3A, I have no problem buying from them in the slightest, even their customer service is much better.

This has probably been asked before but how are those two companies related?

I believe one company bought or joined together with the other but they each run on their own. One is primarily run under Ash (3A) and his art figures along with other sprinkled in licensed figures. Tthe other is done under Kim (threezero) who just focuses on licensed figures

Their human figure indeed have problem but robot like Transformer , Titanfall and Rex just amazing so far.

Sweet Baby Jesus. I've wanted a RoboCain for 25 years.

Of course, I'd much rather have HT tackle this but it seems to be preoccupied with the MCU and SW at the moment so I'm glad some other company is taking up the mantle. If it's 1/6 and as good as this, I'll be happy.

It's not perfect. The instructions suck so you're left to fend for yourself. And the battery covers are nigh impossible to remove. But other than that, it's a pretty stellar piece. There's also a comp with the HT ED at 10:40.

ThreeZero's been around for a while. They were probably best known for making high-quality 1/6 military figures back in the day, their gimmick was real metal weapons.

ThreeA came into being as a joint venture when Kim Fung Wong, owner and founder of ThreeZero, teamed up with Ashley Wood to release toys based on his art and original ideas. For the first few years at least this turned out to be a stellar partnership with ThreeA knocking it out of the park in terms of interesting, unique, extremely well-made and highly affordable 1/6 figures, plus some impressively huge and beautifully-painted robot toys to go with them.

Somewhere along the way (around the time Ash decided to go after big, licensed properties) everything went horribly wrong with ThreeA. Kim started making toys in parallel with ThreeA as ThreeZero and almost everything released under that name so far has been delivered in a timely fashion and of exceptional quality for the price.

There's some crossover between the two companies (shared sculptors, designers, etc), but in simple terms: ThreeZero = Kim Fung Wong in charge, ThreeA = Ashley Wood in charge. One of these men understands how to run a business catering to thousands of international customers, the other... doesn't.

While i agree with most of this, i wouldn't say they are exceptional quality for the price or done in a timely fashion per se. They are priced great and they do clothing and mech great but the human head sculpts, bodies and painting are not exceptional

ThreeZero's been around for a while. They were probably best known for making high-quality 1/6 military figures back in the day, their gimmick was real metal weapons.

ThreeA came into being as a joint venture when Kim Fung Wong, owner and founder of ThreeZero, teamed up with Ashley Wood to release toys based on his art and original ideas. For the first few years at least this turned out to be a stellar partnership with ThreeA knocking it out of the park in terms of interesting, unique, extremely well-made and highly affordable 1/6 figures, plus some impressively huge and beautifully-painted robot toys to go with them.

Somewhere along the way (around the time Ash decided to go after big, licensed properties) everything went horribly wrong with ThreeA. Kim started making toys in parallel with ThreeA as ThreeZero and almost everything released under that name so far has been delivered in a timely fashion and of exceptional quality for the price.

There's some crossover between the two companies (shared sculptors, designers, etc), but in simple terms: ThreeZero = Kim Fung Wong in charge, ThreeA = Ashley Wood in charge. One of these men understands how to run a business catering to thousands of international customers, the other... doesn't.

While i agree with most of this, i wouldn't say they are exceptional quality for the price or done in a timely fashion per se. They are priced great and they do clothing and mech great but the human head sculpts, bodies and painting are not exceptional

They've gotten a lot better at human heads, Commander Shepherd notwithstanding. Their Game of Thrones figures have excellent likenesses. Then there's the prices, which are generally lower than an equivalent Hot Toys release.

Clothing is something I always felt ThreeA never got enough credit for - granted it's usually weatherbeaten to death but their soft goods are some of the best I've ever seen.

As you say though, they do mech great and that's all that counts for Robocain. I wonder if they'll include the pop-out screen? That's a feature I'd love to see, maybe with swappable acetate sheets with different facial expressions.

So bought. Robocop is about the only thing I'm collecting atm. So many good releases.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for anything outside of REX and RAY, but they got a good number of issues... especially REX.

In all fairness those were ThreeA releases, ThreeZero has a much better track record so far.

Just got word it was pushed back another year

With this company, seeing is believing

Depending on the licensing situation for Robcop 2, could we see ThreeZero and Hot Toys going toe-to-toe with Robocain releases? I mean, we know HT took it to at least the prototype stage and they seemingly hate being one-upped by smaller companies...

What's that old saying about waiting for a bus? :lol

Back