Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine in today. Looks just as good in hand as it does in photos. If it wasn't for the sticky paint on the boots I wouldn't have guessed it was even Threezero, by far their best figure.

No defects at all on mine, just a loose right knee.

Working through the weekend, but started rearranging my Detolfs so I can space my Boys out. Probably will not get it finished until Monday but snapped a quick pic as I passed by my Barney and Rambo together on a table. There really was a time not so long ago if you had a ThreeZero male figure next to a Hot Toys male figure the differences would be glaring. I think those days have passed.
I honestly cannot begins to tell you how many hours I have spent looking at these guys. Just love how they turned out. I did not have any sticky boots....I wonder if it?s the paint they weather them with? I wonder if you hit them some Testors Dul-cote if it would remedy the problem? Or heat gun on low to help the paint set. I remember back in the day getting a CMToys gladiator figure and every damn painted surface was so tacky and the paint came off in your hand and chemical smell made you want to have a rebreather on.

Well everyone have a great weekend, congrats on those that scored him or have him coming. Share those pics. Would love to see how everyone ends up posing him or their displays! Take care - Stay safe - Jase

c249bde7dd1edca522f4c6f8bee3ed58.plist

24360aaf80c28e8f9bda308ea4cf3b88.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today and i have to say just WOW. Such a good figure for the price and when you think about who made it. My first and only threezero thus far and it is more than hot toys quality. The rubber body is great and well made. So far it feels pretty durable and much like HT recent rubber bodies they've been using. It feels very much like my gladiator hulk rubber skin. I do worry though that frequent posing of the arms might lead to paint rub off. There are two negatives i have to say about this figure. Firstly is the instructions. They are very basic and not quite as helpful as i'd like. The other being when i took the head off to put the necklace on i almost was unable to get the head back on. The rubber neck kept bending and the head peg kept moving around when i tried popping it back in/on.

I still am waiting on my evilface decal and stand though so i just have him on a placeholder stand for now. This thing looks so lifelike. It just catches my attention every time i look at it. Such a perfect stalone likeness. The accessories are really cool too. The watch and c4 in particular looks very detailed and have tiny numbering on them. If threezero keep making figures like this i will def be interested.

Got one of my Stands off eBay the other two are still in customs...very pleased. Also saw the first HT Barney Ross sealed on evilbay this weekend going for cheap so I snagged him to add to the Stallone collection.

8df2e30213dfa32a71db7bbfaa3faebf.plist

Wow that's a steal, congrats. You can sometimes find Hot Toys going cheap on the bay, I bought one of the old HT T-800 Endoskeleton a couple of years ago for about ?120.

Thought about that barney ross figure myself once when i saw it on evilbay. Was never really impressed by it though. I do like expendables though.

Felt the same when they first came out, so I did pass on them, but now owning the 2nd version which I got for less then what I paid for this one roughly $120 shipped - I can say I am impressed simply for the amount of gear and the tailoring on the outfits. Not sure what the original retail was but the total for my 2 figures has been under $254 for both. What is nice is the bodies are super sold and the tattoo on them which is amazing - it is a shame to cover it. Also the sculpts both look like Sly although the 2nd release he looks like he is smelling a pile crap somewhere and cannot find it. The 1st head sculpt is much better in my opinion. I do like they each come with a complete second outfit - so if you picked up a cheap KO head sculpt and say a Ganghood body (since the tattoos are not going to show dressed) you could have a second figure from the movie for around $50 to $60.

As for the movies I loved all of them. Yes they are cheesy popcorn movies, which are love letters to the 80s action movie, but not everything has to be Citizen Kane to be enjoyed. They constantly poke fun at themselves and do not take themselves too seriously. Of course I am also the guy whos favorite Arnold movie is Last Action Hero.

Got mine today and i have to say just WOW. Such a good figure for the price and when you think about who made it. My first and only threezero thus far and it is more than hot toys quality. The rubber body is great and well made. So far it feels pretty durable and much like HT recent rubber bodies they've been using. It feels very much like my gladiator hulk rubber skin. I do worry though that frequent posing of the arms might lead to paint rub off. There are two negatives i have to say about this figure. Firstly is the instructions. They are very basic and not quite as helpful as i'd like. The other being when i took the head off to put the necklace on i almost was unable to get the head back on. The rubber neck kept bending and the head peg kept moving around when i tried popping it back in/on.

I still am waiting on my evilface decal and stand though so i just have him on a placeholder stand for now. This thing looks so lifelike. It just catches my attention every time i look at it. Such a perfect stalone likeness. The accessories are really cool too. The watch and c4 in particular looks very detailed and have tiny numbering on them. If threezero keep making figures like this i will def be interested.

I agree, its a great figure. I feel like they cut corners in places Im ok with. No stand, the belt and the crappy instruction book, all three are small sacrifices for an overall fantastic figure.

I ended up swapping the belt out on mine with the HT Gordon Swat belt after another user posted theirs with one. I think it looks perfect now.

I am watching my rambo 3 4k right now and now wondering why the necklace isn't green jade. I don't know why i didn't notice this sooner. Also his knife has lanyard string through the bottom/pommel. Threezero did the hole but put no string through it. Though in the next scene it wasn't there so there is that. The necklace though i paint green if i can figure out the right shade of green to get.

Watched Hot Shots Part Deux tonight where Charlie Sheen's look is obviously Rambo 3 inspired. Forgot that he actually got beefed up for that role. Many of the gags are still funny, others didn't hold up particularly well.

Sheen and the two hot women Valeria Golino and Brenda Bakke have 60 as their next milestone birthdays. Jesus where did the time go.

Sheen and the two hot women Valeria Golino and Brenda Bakke have 60 as their next milestone birthdays. Jesus where did the time go.

IDK....I turned 50 this year and it just does not seem real. Sure a few more aches and pains in the morning but mentally I am the same nerd I always was in my late teens and twenties.

Watched Hot Shots Part Deux tonight where Charlie Sheen's look is obviously Rambo 3 inspired. Forgot that he actually got beefed up for that role. Many of the gags are still funny, others didn't hold up particularly well.

The opening fight scene where he dips his gloves with the sprinkles, gummy bears, and other sweets was what i remembered the most as a kid.
My parents were awesome, let me watch whatever rated R action flick i wanted as a kid. Rambo 3 was among my favorites as a kid.

They have these up on eBay right now.

871b5fa070844e9912d57e7090c2dce3.jpg

Pretty much what I was looking for. Kind of wish it had John J. Rambo but John Rambo will do.

Just got this in from LCS. (My order was "cancelled" from Deepdiscount...from their crap reviews I am glad for that...lol)

Out of the box and set up this figure is very very good. Paint aps, accessories and packaging is most impressive! The waist joint is a tad loose on my figure but otherwise very happy with having this in my collection.

Threezero--please please release M65 jacket version from First Blood!

Back