Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red looks great. I don't care about having a film specific Rambo, I just want a good idealized representation, but I do like the red headband look best.

I might try getting a parted out head to try this, dont wanna use the stock sculpt in case I mess the hair up lol.

I rarely post here anymore but I gotta say, not being a big Rambo fan, you guys convinced me to get this fig.

The first reveal did not really impress me, but the in hand result, even though the paint is not as good as the proto, looks so much better.

Keep the pics coming. If any of you could post a comparison pic with Enterbay Rambo and this, I would really appreciate.

I myself have been super tempted by this fig, I hardly ever buy figs these days but this seriously tested me. If it had been First Blood I would of given in, for sure.

I rarely post here anymore but I gotta say, not being a big Rambo fan, you guys convinced me to get this fig.

The first reveal did not really impress me, but the in hand result, even though the paint is not as good as the proto, looks so much better.

Keep the pics coming. If any of you could post a comparison pic with Enterbay Rambo and this, I would really appreciate.

I always thought the Enterbay sculpt looked like Stallone's better looking twin. Stallone's face is not very symmetrical, One eye is higher then the other, I think the Threezero fig captures this really well.

Got my Hot Toys First Blood Jacket Figure in - where it is not even in the same league as the ThreeZero I am still glad I have him. He?s a beautiful piece. The outfit alone is stellar (minus the big ass zipper - although easy to hide) the head sculpt is there but the paint apps are just not what they are today. I did change out the body for a TBLeague/Phicen - not the muscular one but the medium build - because I knew he was going to be fully outfitted I did not want him to look like a tick about to pop. Luckily the head sculpt and TBLeague hands have a similar skin tone...not perfect but good enough. If the hands were being posed near the face then it would be an issue, but down by his side or holding his sleeping bag strap, we are good. So with the old body and hands back in the box I cobbled him together. I really like the TBLeague body on him because it gives the figure a nice weight to him and every went on like a dream. So I now have my First Blood Rambo....well until ThreeZero realizes the cash cow they have and decides to milk it it.
72ab33af3fcec327b6db8c51e1028a07.plist

8542551d47ef83266e52091817bc6d4e.plist

0c28d4db6ad3bc6e7d711c0354049004.plist

48121b8e08db65ec6ad1fa92df8d8739.plist

86fe9a27bd0a990f8d24e0ba4e3c3a13.jpg

f17b6489946ee2e917bb441ae1fe03bb.plist

954956b741e10e98b18ce2bfdc39f324.plist

Why you pushing me??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Hot Toys First Blood Jacket Figure in - where it is not even in the same league as the ThreeZero I am still glad I have him. He?s a beautiful piece. The outfit alone is stellar (minus the big ass zipper - although easy to hide) the head sculpt is there but the paint apps are just not what they are today. I did change out the body for a TBLeague/Phicen - not the muscular one but the medium build - because I knew he was going to be fully outfitted I did not want him to look like a tick about to pop. Luckily the head sculpt and TBLeague hands have a similar skin tone...not perfect but good enough. If the hands were being posed near the face then it would be an issue, but down by his side or holding his sleeping bag strap, we are good. So with the old body and hands back in the box I cobbled him together. I really like the TBLeague body on him because it gives the figure a nice weight to him and every went on like a dream. So I now have my First Blood Rambo....well until ThreeZero realizes the cash cow they have and decides to milk it it.
72ab33af3fcec327b6db8c51e1028a07.plist

8542551d47ef83266e52091817bc6d4e.plist

0c28d4db6ad3bc6e7d711c0354049004.plist

48121b8e08db65ec6ad1fa92df8d8739.plist

86fe9a27bd0a990f8d24e0ba4e3c3a13.jpg

f17b6489946ee2e917bb441ae1fe03bb.plist

954956b741e10e98b18ce2bfdc39f324.plist

Why you pushing me??

Looks great without the glossy hands. The body fills the outfit out nicely as well. The thin HT body always made that outfit look baggy.

Looks great without the glossy hands. The body fills the outfit out nicely as well. The thin HT body always made that outfit look baggy.

Thank you! Yeah love the look of him. That outfit is iconic and honestly my favorite look from any of the movies. That and the tarp poncho look.

I hear ya. Can you imagine the excitement for us Sly fans. I have buddies who love Arnold and everything he has ever done, for me it was always Stallone. He is the reason I became a Judge Dredd fan. I was 12 when First Blood came out and it was only the 2nd R rated movie I ever saw as a kid, with Jaws being the first. I had to sneak in to see both of them. So I have been a huge fan of anything Rocky and Rambo, hell even Expendables. So when a piece like this comes out and it is literally so damn good it almost makes you shake when you unbox it...it is a dream come true for this 80s kid. Because lets be honest there has not been a lot of love in the collectible market for Sly movies and what has come out has not been so great.

I always thought the Enterbay sculpt looked like Stallone's better looking twin. Stallone's face is not very symmetrical, One eye is higher then the other, I think the Threezero fig captures this really well.

That and the subtle eye bags under the eyes (or whatever its called) on the 3Zero really help the likeness to Sly in the late 80's.

As much as I like the "black" figure, that red headband really pops.

I have a question, when changing the headband and putting on the new one, is the only way to take out the dangling part of the headband out the back of the head, or is there a way to have the dangling part of the ban to come out of the side of the hair/head instead of the back? Do you know what I mean?

As much as I like the "black" figure, that red headband really pops.

I have a question, when changing the headband and putting on the new one, is the only way to take out the dangling part of the headband out the back of the head, or is there a way to have the dangling part of the ban to come out of the side of the hair/head instead of the back? Do you know what I mean?

I think I got ya, the black band is one solid piece. So the parts that come out of the back of the head are literally attached to the band you see on the front of the head. It is glued into place in five different spots. At least mine was. One front in center of the forehead, another area above where the ears would be and then again next to the groove in the back of the head. The band is not tied. It is just glued then pulled through the hole and then that is what you see. So if doing the band yourself do not tie it in the back then pull it through because the knot would add extra thickness where you do not have a lot of wiggle room. There is not a way to have the band come out the side because the hair hole is in the back. I just said what I wrote that out loud and my wife looked at me like, what in the hell are you looking at??? You could I guess drill a hole in the side of the hair piece and pull your band out but then you are going to have a hole in the back of the hair you will need to putty up and paint. That is not impossible but it would be extra work.

I think I got ya, the black band is one solid piece. So the parts that come out of the back of the head are literally attached to the band you see on the front of the head. It is glued into place in five different spots. At least mine was. One front in center of the forehead, another area above where the ears would be and then again next to the groove in the back of the head. The band is not tied. It is just glued then pulled through the hole and then that is what you see. So if doing the band yourself do not tie it in the back then pull it through because the knot would add extra thickness where you do not have a lot of wiggle room. There is not a way to have the band come out the side because the hair hole is in the back. I just said what I wrote that out loud and my wife looked at me like, what in the hell are you looking at??? You could I guess drill a hole in the side of the hair piece and pull your band out but then you are going to have a hole in the back of the hair you will need to putty up and paint. That is not impossible but it would be extra work.

Yeah, you got it. :) Thank you. I was just wondering if it could be taken out through the side of the head instead of the back. :)

I noticed that he’s missing his right arm scar. I remember seeing it on the prototype though.

Back