1/6 Threezero: Halloween VI Michael Myers 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres much worse masks than H6.. Like the KNB H20

IMG_2561.jpg

Or the CGI mask....

H20-2.jpg

Nice to have an official Myers figure that isn't crap.

But.. I'm not a huge fan of the H6 style... very impressive work though none-the-less.
I assume they couldn't get the rights to the 78 version and settled for this instead?

I don't think it's impossible to get the license. Neca and McFarlane have been able to... it's just the son of Akhad seems to be an idiot.

I'll keep waiting for H1 or H2 :D

Basically. They got the rights from Miramax, which only owns the rights to H6 and h20. And it seems to be pretty impossible to get the rights to do a figure from the first movie, that's why their hasn't been an official one in years. Honestly going to throw down a pre-order on this and get a custom sculpt down the road, the chances of there ever being another H1 figure are slim to none.

Basically. They got the rights from Miramax, which only owns the rights to H6 and h20. And it seems to be pretty impossible to get the rights to do a figure from the first movie, that's why their hasn't been an official one in years. Honestly going to throw down a pre-order on this and get a custom sculpt down the road, the chances of there ever being another H1 figure are slim to none.

I'm betting we'll get an H20 sooner or later... But H1 not likely since Akkad is hard to deal with. But I could see them doing H2 if they can get universal's rights.

Nice to have an official Myers figure that isn't crap.

But.. I'm not a huge fan of the H6 style... very impressive work though none-the-less.
I assume they couldn't get the rights to the 78 version and settled for this instead?

I don't think it's impossible to get the license. Neca and McFarlane have been able to... it's just the son of Akhad seems to be an idiot.

I'll keep waiting for H1 or H2 :D

You do realize NECA had the right back in 2001 or so alot prob has changed since then. NECA has tried recently of this year trying to get rights back and Akkad won't even give return his calls.

Why is Akkad doing this? Doesn't he know licensing products = more money? Or is he allergic to it...?

I'd love to have an H1 Michael Myers. It's the definitive look.

Lets face it outside '78, '81 and the RZ remakes all the masks suck, the masks from H20 being my personal least favourite.

Nice figure for the price and I will be picking him up, will be a welcome addition to my Halloween display.

Lets face it outside '78, '81 and the RZ remakes all the masks suck, the masks from H20 being my personal least favourite.

Nice figure for the price and I will be picking him up, will be a welcome addition to my Halloween display.

I guess i'm different but I LOVE the H6 mask...

Was William Shatner an Asian or Something?

The H6 mask wasn't built off Shatner's likeness. Only 1 and 2 were. You could maybe argue that 4 was.. since they used a tramer.. **** it's complicated.
4 and 5 are definitely worse than 6. So I agree that it could be worse.

The Halloween VI mask was the first of it's kind. This mask was sculpted by John Carl Buechler and has a very unique "goblin" look.

During filming, there was lots of pressure due to the fact that this was the first Halloween to be made by a major production company. A lot of reshoots were done to satisfy the demands of the film company, resulting in multiple versions of the film. Now, because the director signed contract that included a 3 picture film deal, he had no little to no interest in making a Halloween film. As tensions grew during shooting (extensive reshoots, cutback on pay,etc...) an angry FX artist rubbed chemicals on the inside and outside destroying the masks... There may be more to the story, but I am unaware if there is.

sawj6p_zpsb2e60dfc.jpg

3DF9A5BA-8FE7-433C-9B2D-BB288405FFDD_zpsf630c9e4.jpg

I think it's a fair point that we may never get another figure like this for a long time.. though Miramax could milk this every year with a Loomis and such.

Either way it's a smart move by threezero. Just another niche market with fans eager to spend money that Hot Toys is ignoring. They are pumping out the releases this year.

There is gold in them thar horror hills.

:goodpost:

I wasn't aware of all the behind the scenes issues. And although it's rated horribly, I really enjoy H6, as well as 4, 5, and H20. Am really glad we're getting an H6 Myers. I hope he has the Thorn mark on his wrist too. Would be a nice detail. I trust ThreeZero to do a great job.

4-6 are campy and fun. I don't hate them.

I think most fans resent how crappy the mask quality is throughout, but 6 isn't bad.

It seems really random to go for this version of Michael Myers out of all the films to choose from. I'm still interested though depending on price and how the prototype looks.

It seems really random to go for this version of Michael Myers out of all the films to choose from. I'm still interested though depending on price and how the prototype looks.

$150 is the price thats a steal.

I will admit... those pics look a lot closer to the 6 mask. And I'd say close enough that if I was a fan of the movie or that mask look I'd be buying it right now. But, I just do not like the way that mask looks at all. The price is great though, maybe this can pave the way for a Shatner mask. I know it seems unlikely now, but there was a time we never expected to get a Burton Batman or Reeve Superman, so stranger things have happened.

Maybe if it sells well Akhad will smell money.. but who knows.

They can't get a movie done with several scripts, directors, and artists... since 2007? It's been almost a decade since the last Halloween film and Akhad is sitting on his ass.

I wouldn't bet the bank on any H1 or H2 likeness any time soon.

Maybe if it sells well Akhad will smell money.. but who knows.

They can't get a movie done with several scripts, directors, and artists... since 2007? It's been almost a decade since the last Halloween film and Akhad is sitting on his ass.

I wouldn't bet the bank on any H1 or H2 likeness any time soon.

Yeah I agree. But I'd be happy with an H6 Loomis,H20 Myers,H20 Jamie Lee Curtis

For Comparisons sake Three Zero is most accurate in my opinion...

14855935_10154651267189346_3684646946384789445_o.jpg

I forgot how crappy the mask from this film is. The price is good but overall the figure is taken down a few notches because it looks kinda ugly. I'll probably pass.

Back