ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read in the books the bastard would have to be accepted by the father like Ramsay was to have any real claim. My take from the books is Ned wanted Roberts children taken care of but he writes the letter to Stannis because it would be Stannis throne and decision on whether it would go to himself or one of Roberts kids. He actually had a lot of bastards including one that was being cared for at his youngest brothers castle.

I have only seen a few episodes of the show so it may have a different take but that is how I took it from the books. One more point though. Stannis' wife and the priestess wanted the bastards killed so there could be some claim made by them. Also in the book the King told Ned to keep the throne for his kid so I could see Ned to expect Stannis to rule as a regent until the child is old enough but which one. Lastly, even the queen saw the bastard as a threat and tried to have Gendry eliminated.

Last edited:
I was under the impression a bastard would have to be officially legitimized by royal decree (from the king) in order to be eligible to inherit anything from his father ... including the throne. Just being a genetic offspring isn't enough. You'd also have to be the son or daughter in the eyes of the law, which bastards aren't. So if the king is dead ... no decree and therefore no legal claim to anything. That's how I understand it, anyhow.

That all these characters have at least some legitimacy to their claims on the throne is kind of the point. Martin designed his universe after medieval Europe and these exact sorts of wars were constantly being fought over such things.

You know ... minus the dragons and smoke babies.

Ned looks good with Tyrion, right?

OK I guess. :)

17939762832_126a35a79d_b.jpg

That's Ned's Aston Martin in the background.

I was under the impression a bastard would have to be officially legitimized by royal decree (from the king) in order to be eligible to inherit anything from his father ... including the throne. Just being a genetic offspring isn't enough. You'd also have to be the son or daughter in the eyes of the law, which bastards aren't. So if the king is dead ... no decree and therefore no legal claim to anything. That's how I understand it, anyhow.

That all these characters have at least some legitimacy to their claims on the throne is kind of the point. Martin designed his universe after medieval Europe and these exact sorts of wars were constantly being fought over such things.

You know ... minus the dragons and smoke babies.
Yup. I can agree with all of that. I was just speaking on whom had a better claim. Admittedly, succession is fairly straight forward when a King has a legal issue, if not it gets damn murky. Wars were started over this **** all the time in the middle ages. It gets very political. Though I don't know if a bastard, even legitimized, could could inherit the throne. Titles and lands, sure. Putting a legitimized bastard on a throne wouldn't sit well with the lords or anyone else for that matter I don't think. [emoji38]

Anyway, Neds here, but I won't have time to open him till morning.

One thing I really respect about three zeros approach here is that they are doing what they should be in terms of releasing the right characters at the right time. I even forgave them for their walking dead approach with putting out probably the most forgettable useless characters in those zombie twins when I found out that they wanted to work out some production kinks.

They are releasing characters in the order of arguably their popularity and importance to the series in order.

I think it's

Tyron
Ned
Jon
Jamie
Danerys

If I was to rank popularity and importance to the series I'd only put Danerys before Jamie and that list would remain the same.

What this allows in my opinion is people's to actually want to build ther collection. It's the opposite approach to what Hot Toys did to kill lines like the Watchmen and Avatar and even stinkers of lines like The Lone Ranger (really no Lone Ranger just tonto)? I still expect they would have sold twice as many jake sullys if they released first the character that everyone actually wanted, Nytiri. And I still think that professor x would have seen the light of day if they first tackled Magneto like everyone wanted. And putting out silk specter before even the comedian was a huge blunder. I know their approach, to try and keep people interested by building up to the main character but it backfires because the hype dies and without the central character people are less inclined to want the secondary ones. It's like if you released 60's robin before batman. Those things would literally sit there until there was a batman and only then would there be sales.

Now that they have two human figures under their belts I remain cautiously optimistic but hope they can up their game. The human heads far exceed the majority of the bootlegs knock offs, craftone, brothers production, zcwo etc. but fall quite short of hot toys and enterbay, even blitz way etc. they need to refine their sculpts a bit improve their paint jobs and paint applications. I think they can get there but it makes me nervous when I see a decline in quality like with Ned vs. Tyron and not an improvement.

I agree about the likenesses/paint. This is sort of a "grail" line for me. I've wanted figures of these characters since 2001 when I first got into the books and became an avid fan. It's unlikely I'll stop buying these figures but I do want improvement on the human likenesses and paint. They can at the least improve on the paint I'd think. They've proven themselves more than competent with the outfits.

WRT Hot Toys, I think for some "lines" they simply had no intention of ever releasing additional figures.

Back