Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a day one PO for me. Love the hound.

"Of course you named your sword."

"Lots of people name their swords."

"Lots of ****s."

Armor sells. That's all there is to it. Armor, military type figs, warriors, etc. I bet the first female, if ever, will be Brienne.
Have no interest in a figure wearing a gown, so I'm actually happy with what they put out so far.

this is the same company that made michone pets before Rick or Daryl though,

My left nut says that was a decision made by AMC.

And I wouldn't trade any of their "inferior releases" for anything from anyone else unless I knew I could resell, make profit and then buy back another copy.

have they done a female in any other of product lines?

I agree that other male characters would likely sell better and that is where they should focus seeing how few releases they get out but I wonder if they are having an issue with developing a female body to use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know, after four male characters how about a female or two? They are as important to the show as the males.

Don't care how many females or males or whatever, I care about Characters. I don't care about Dany (which is the female they'd make, lets face it) and I love the Hound, hence why this is the best choice for me. When I go on message boards I actually feel bad for toy companies, you really can't please everyone.

Yup. You're just ignoring the actual reason, right in the face of the very evidence I spoke about, right here in this very thread.

Rude. :(

Different opinions, my man. I doubt they've told you "the reason" personally. I think that Dany or Cersei would sell better, you think The Hound would sell better. That doesn't automatically make you right and me wrong. Play nice.

Since even companies working with official licenses often pretty much straight-up rip off HT on body designs nowadays, TZ just got handed Brienne's unique body on a silver platter with the Captain Phasma release. Just copy that and that's a huge cost saved in development.

Rude. :(

Different opinions, my man. I doubt they've told you "the reason" personally. I think that Dany or Cersei would sell better, you think The Hound would sell better. That doesn't automatically make you right and me wrong. Play nice.

As a female collector interested in girly fashion stuff as well as fighters in armour, there's no denying that the later sells better given the hobby's demographics. Some guys, and maybe even some female fans, have no interest in women-in-pretty-dresses figures. I think they'd be amazing, but ThreeZero has literally never done such figures. A custom Cersei and Sansa are much more likely, just like Sculpt4Ever's lovely Daenerys.

A Game of Thrones collection without Daenerys in particular, is pretty odd in my view. Still people are allowed their interests and foibles as long as they don't go around openly dismissing the female characters along sexist lines, as unfortunately happens around here.

As a female collector interested in girly fashion stuff as well as fighters in armour, there's no denying that the later sells better given the hobby's demographics. Some guys, and maybe even some female fans, have no interest in women-in-pretty-dresses figures. I think they'd be amazing, but ThreeZero has literally never done such figures. A custom Cersei and Sansa are much more likely, just like Sculpt4Ever's lovely Daenerys.

A Game of Thrones collection without Daenerys in particular, is pretty odd in my view. Still people are allowed their interests and foibles as long as they don't go around openly dismissing the female characters along sexist lines, as unfortunately happens around here.

Mmmm perhaps Kim should take a page of his friend and associate Ashley Wood's book in selling female characters: his Pascha line apparently sells like hot cakes despite a lot of the 3A's fanbase dislike of it.

If figures like Maleficent by Hot Toys exists, I'm sure there's also market for Evil Queen Cersei too not to mention Daenerys and her dragons.

Back to the hound, what potential exclusive would you like to see? Lots of people complained about how Ice wasn't incluided with Ned's retailer edition so making the hound's helm the exclusive might upset a lot of people.

It's unlikely and yet I'd like the EX to be Morning Star + Clegane Shield:

I'm relatively new to the "action figure" collecting scene, so I could be wrong about what the demographic wants; however, coming from a background in statue collecting, I'm a bit shocked to find out that collectors don't always want female collectors. With statue collecting it seems to be the opposite, but that could just be because of the dynamic, sexy poses sculptors are able to do with statues.

The Hound is a figure that non-fans will buy because he's a cool looking knight. Fans will buy him because he's a rich character. Fans will buy Arya to go with him as I said before, so they seal in a second sale for a lot of folks right there.

There isn't much more reasoning beyond this as to why he is the next choice, especially the last point I made. They need to keep buyers on this line. By coming up with what amounts two a two punch release between the Hound and Arya they get two sales. Dany really is a one and done release.

My money is that the next figure to be announced will be Arya. For the same reason as above. In fact, if I could guarantee this was the case I would buy the Hound automatically.

You want the truth? Forget Dany. I want Ygritte if anyone. Ygritte and Arya would be guaranteed sales for me. Throw Brieanne in there too.

Damn, MIA for about a week and I missed this??? SOOOOOOOOO excited!! Hope I'm not stirring the pot chiming in but, I think Threezero is playing VERY safe witht he releases. Very easy and obvious fan favorites with Jon, Ned, Tyrion, Jaime, and now Sandor. I'd like to see them go outside the box with a "girly" pick but, like previously stated, IF we get a female, probably will be Brienne (not that I'm complaining mind you, I love her). Personally, if we get a female soon, I'd love to get Arya.

But back to The Hound, based on the brief teaser, he looks REALLY awesome

This is my GoT most wanted so i'm happy with this release. I would get a Cersei if she comes with a good female body. Maybe a seamless with the correct proportions.

Apart from the obvious choices (Dany, Arya, Brienne, Sansa, Cersei) that may or may not see the day of light due to the female bias, you know which female character (which definitely is never going to be done) I would love to have?

sword-swallowers.gif

Because my shelves could really do with a badass grandma in a gown :D

Apart from the obvious choices (Dany, Arya, Brienne, Sansa, Cersei) that may or may not see the day of light due to the female bias, you know which female character (which definitely is never going to be done) I would love to have?

sword-swallowers.gif

I would be all over this. The badassest badass of all the badasses in the badass universe.

No exclusives please. I'm over paying full price in advance and waiting a year for the figures release.

sword-swallowers.gif

Bought. I'd also buy Dany, Cersi, Arya, Sansa, Brienne, Queen Margorie and Lady Mormount (Little Bear)...just to name a few. The women of GoT make the show. To skip them would be an egregious misstep.

Back