Threezero Game of Thrones The Hound 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be an odd choice for a figure, but I'm very happy that they decided to do it. This was my most wanted GOT figure along with Brienne, so I might get this depending on how it turns out.

^^agreed.

sold, lookin forward to it would prefer non-rooted hair so it wont clash against the non-rooted haired characters we have so far. but still will get.

To me this is a pretty great choice, actually couldn't be a better one....Great look, great character, what else do you need?

To me this is a pretty great choice, actually couldn't be a better one....Great look, great character, what else do you need?

Oh I don't know, after four male characters how about a female or two? They are as important to the show as the males.

I'm surprised anyone would think this is an odd choice for a figure. He's a fan favorite and people have been hoping for him since the beginning. Match that with a cool design and it's perfect. The sculpt looks good too, and the armor looks accurate from whay can be seen of it. The only downer is that I bet all those straps will be rubber, and maybe a few other things. And of course the crappy cloth mail we have to put up with on these 1/6 medieval figures. And it would be a travesty if this didn't come with his helemet.lol

It's not that he's an odd choice per se; I think that we all can agree that he's a great -side- character, with a huge following in the fandom and which will also look great on the shelf due to his design. Problem is that if Threezero were running the Alien license, this is the equivalent of releasing all the male crew members of the Nostromo before Ripley just because she doesn't have anything hanging between the legs :D

And yes, of course I'll buy him, but it's starting to get absurd.

It kind of stings when the show's female characters are just as interesting and important as the males, one of the three main characters is a female, yet the first five figures have all been male. Hopefully Jaime and the Hound do and sell well, because it would be a shame if the line dies off without getting to Dany because second-tier characters didn't do so hot.

For me it isn't at all a sexist or gender issue. I just think its strange that Dani is clearly one of the top tier main characters (even more so than the soon to be released Jamie) and yet they go with an iconic yet secondary character. Especially when the release schedule is moving at a snail's pace.

You can't exactly do a 1:1 translation from screentime to importance of a character in a story (check Ned for instance), but in case you need further proof of Threezero criteria when choosing what's to do next it's quite easy to read their thoughts:

Screen Time GoT.jpg

1) Tyrion (done)
2) Jon (done)
3) Dany ("Girl. Skip it")
4) Cersei ("Another? This one doesn't even fight")
5) Arya ("This can't be happening to us")
6) Sansa Stark ("Is this madness never going to end?")
7) Jaime ("Finally a character we can make!") :D

Dany is very... vanilla to me. Prob because of the actress more than the character.

Brienne, Arya, Cersei, Olenna, etc. etc. are more interesting.

Brienne PLS for the love of god make her.

This will make a really cool figure for sure, but I really dont get the logic of putting this out before Dany. Shes the obvious main character, and Id say almost certainly the most popular if you surveyed everyone who watched the show. I guess perhaps not among the actual figure buying community?

I guess perhaps not among the actual figure buying community?

Winner winner chicken dinner. SALES. Period. GoT is doubtless low volume compared to their mecha and video game stuff. Check the GoT groups on FB - there just isn't the overlap with 1/6 that exists with many other pop-culture properties.

I wanted Dani next too, but I'm not going to knock Threezero for going where the money is. There's no other figure that would likely sell as well.

Why wouldn't collectors buy a hot female character, though? It doesn't make sense... unless they give us an ugly female, which I'm sure is the reason behind them skipping Daenerys and Cersei. Their face sculpts currently don't compare with Hot Toys, and they're afraid they'll screw up on a female and scare collectors away. There can't be another reason. A hot Daenerys or Cersei would outsell The Hound, Ned, and Jaime. They're skipping them for a reason.

this is the same company that made michone pets before Rick or Daryl though, so I have zero faith in their logic, and they've basically run both of these massive properties into the ground with inferior releases and horrible time management, so whatever. If the Hound ends up looking good, Ill be stoked and Ill buy it.

Back