Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most 50/50 figure I've seen. In some pics it looks like a cheap Barbie but in others she actually looks pretty good.

I wasn't planning on opening mine in case I decided to sell it but this looks like it might have to be seen in person.

This is the most 50/50 figure I've seen. In some pics it looks like a cheap Barbie but in others she actually looks pretty good.

I wasn't planning on opening mine in case I decided to sell it but this looks like it might have to be seen in person.

Lighting makes a world of difference.

Don't deny the trend here...proto photos lead to hate and bashing...1st in-hand photos lead to praise of the proto and bashing of the prod run...1 week later...this figure looks good in-hand.

Can we agree the proto looks better than the released version but that most of us are still happy to have a Dany (non custom) on the shelf?

And no, I'm not defending the drop in quality...that sucks, but it seems like the community mentality just goes around and around in a circle.

I don't know, I usually tend to trust my initial reaction to a likeness more. Just because we get accustomed to something or grow to like it since it's the best we're gonna get, doesn't suddenly make it a better sculpt now.

That said, I do seem to see the likeness a lot better in these extreme closeup pics. The problem is that from a distance it's still not looking much like her... and that's the way most of us are going to be looking at this on the shelf. :(

1d12c0fdae375fece21547ac452d3b30.jpg

1b2e18cc4d290120f00c68594fe124a5.jpg

Not bad here...

I couldnt agree more. Sure there is room for critique but i think she still looks great. Same goes for the GoT line.
Oh and she looks fine on a shelf. Also, when you look down on her a bit the likeness is really good so nothing to worry about there.

got1_s.jpg

Underwold54, that pic is great.

The hair needs to be shaped close to her face and have separated strands for it to look right. That seems to make the biggest difference in the photos I've seen.

Why mate? He also was surrounded by a Wulf, a hound, a gnome, and a 1 handed man?
No.lol That was another thread where the figure shipped and most people thought it didn't look good but then later pictures would be post at angles, or dark shadowing, and some would hold out that it was good, etc. That thread was eventually locked, though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1d12c0fdae375fece21547ac452d3b30.jpg

1b2e18cc4d290120f00c68594fe124a5.jpg

Not bad here...
From what I've seen the proto pics were spot on and somehow the final product is softer in detail of the headsculpt. Not that it looks bad, but not as much detail in the face I think. Especially when you look at this pic from which is from SDCC I believe.

khaleesi.jpgkhaleesi.jpg

The figure looks ok under trick lighting, like shadows and angles with filters, butin the harsh light of day, it looks weak.

I got mine last Saturday, opened her Christmas Eve and posted pictures. I think the figure turned out great. Nothing spectacular, but I am happy with it. Pics are up on my IG account!

Honestly not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. Hair is going to take some work/product, and I had to shave the posts on the perch to get the dragons on it which is a little ridiculous. Haven't put the cape on yet. The paint seems soft which hurts it. The head looks about 10-15% smaller than other female figures I have (Leia, Jyn Erso) and I only briefly put her next to Jon, and she does look small in comparison. In the books she was much younger and presumably shorter so I'm ok with the size for now.

Daenerys-with-Rhaegal-1400.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nothing like the actress. Horrible job for a highend figure. Very disappointing.

I got mine today. What can I say, it looks like pictures. The head is undsrsized, and the color is slightly off from the body. It's a big drop from the promo and a disappointment. But I expected that. Sure, if you angle the head to and fro and put lighting on it it can look better, but that's not something I use to judge a head sculpt. Surprisingly, I think the hair actually looks better in hand and isn't bad. I put it back in the box for now.

Good for those that are happy with it. I wish I was.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I opened my figure over the weekend as well. Agree with what a majority of members are saying.

The figure looks alright in person and certain lighting makes it look way better. The hair is great outta the box. I just ended up styling it with some water to clean up the random strands that were flaring out. Overall, I think she is a solid 7/10, whereas the prototype was a perfect 10.

The dragons look alright, but the pegs on that wooden stand is a pain in the ass. How did you guys buys pin the dragon on it?

Back