Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine. It's definitely not as bad as I expected. Looks a lot better in person. Just need to futz with the hair a little.

ThreeZero 1/6 Game of Thrones

Well... I guess she doesn't look any worse than their other figures. Shame that this is really the best we can get for such a great show. As far as I'm concerned the only one that really looks decent there is Tyrion.

Well... I guess she doesn't look any worse than their other figures. Shame that this is really the best we can get for such a great show. As far as I'm concerned the only one that really looks decent there is Tyrion.

They all do look lacking. And when did Wilmer Valderrama join the cast of GoT? At least it looks like Wilmer

Got mine today. I think it looks awful. Looks like the sculpt warped during production. Seems to happen a lot to smaller companies like this and Asmus. Might just buy a custom head and swap it out. Real shame. The proto was the best likeness I ever saw of her.

Check those rubber arms. Mine have rub mark up and down the right arm. Great.

It's a pity, because looking this figure over it could have been a great release. The hair is surprisingly good. The outfit well done with fine threading and fabric. The paint on all the accessories is also very good including the dragons which I thought would look like crap. The boots are articulated at the ankles which I appreciate.

To me the head is certainly undersized and has a pinched quality to it. Maybe thats why the sculpt really only looks decent from angle/profile. And the skin tone is so distracting because of the variation from body to sculpt. I was going to keep this and wait for a custom sculpt to be available but with the crap with the arms it might be a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Actually pleasantly surprised with mine... way better than I expected judging from these early photos.

I don't know about you, but I don't display my figs under the sunlight or with a flashlight shining on them. No "trick" lighting... just on my computer desk with dioder lights from above (looks less red, but too lazy to photoshop).

DSC05221.JPG
DSC05223.JPG
DSC05224.JPG

Last edited:
Mother of Dragons and Son of Gondor both showed up last night. I am pleasantly surprised that she slots in several figures above what I predicted within this line. Hair looks good, face no where near as bad as I thought it would be, and the clothes are good per usual. Skin tones are off between face and body as others have said but the choker helps a little. I have no idea how to get the dragons on their perch/stand, their pegs do not fig in the rubbery little foot holes.

My wife generally detests my collecting but is a fan of the show. She said it looks like her but she "looks dumb, not the stern, purposeful expression she normally wears". I have to agree a bit.. the paint job is standard Three-Zero fare, that being, devoid of detail, taking away from the sculpt, and changing the attitude/expression of what was intended.

I am still happy with her, however I had low expectations and luckily she exceeded them. She looks cool standing on my desk currently but honestly Boromir is a much better done figure. It is pretty awesome to get a figure from two of my favorite properties even if they fall short of perfection. Boromir does not exactly capture Bean as he appears in GoT but it appears better than 3-0 affair, too bad they are not selling the rooted head separately or might upgrade Ned.

Setup of my just arrived Dany. Overall happy with her. Biggest flaw, more than the final sculpt, is the undersized scale of the figure. She looks like a 14 year-old next to the other figures. Otherwise, nice job by ThreeZero. I hope this isn't the last GOT figure from them. I would really love a White Walker.

IMG_1481.jpgIMG_1482.jpgIMG_1483.jpg

^ Thanks for the pics - that's a nice display you've got there. :) She does seem very small though next to the others!

Just got my Daenerys exclusive from Threezero a couple of days ago!

Honestly, I'm much happier with the headsculpt than I thought I'd be. I'm 99.9% certain any problems with the head are just paint issues, and even those are not as bad as expected. From pretty much any angle that's not head-on (i.e., any angle where the sculpt can contribute to the likeness as much or more than the paint), she's unmistakably Dany. It's only looking straight ahead that she comes off as Emilia Clarke's stunt double.

I've also been pretty happy with the hair (though wow, I don't think I've ever seen a 1/6 figure's rooted hair quite so stiff with gel out of the box); the braiding is done nicely, and I think dipping the ends of her hair in water will help get some of the crunchy gelled look out. My only real issue is that one of the little locks on either side of her face insists on sticking straight out, so I think I'm going to need to do some work on that (but I'd probably want to do that anyway, to get the proper little spiral curls Dany usually has there).

The outfit and accessories are ace, as expected from Threezero. The dragons look awesome, though the holes on the bottom of their feet aren't quite aligned with the pegs on the stand/base they're supposed to go on. Don't push too hard to make it fit, as I had Drogon's leg come unglued when I tried. (It should be an easy fix though.)

Back