Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday. Apart from a broken wrist peg and a dragon leg that’s come loose I’m really impressed.

4dd195c45ec09a6eea0021b4a00b4840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setup of my just arrived Dany. Overall happy with her. Biggest flaw, more than the final sculpt, is the undersized scale of the figure. She looks like a 14 year-old next to the other figures.

As someone else said, Emilia Clarke is really short, 5' 2". Rory McCann is 6' 6." NCW is 6' 2." The figure looks in scale with the Hound and Jaime. You're right, Jon Snow is an idealized height, sort of how they never let you see how short Tom Cruise is.

Picked mine up from the post today and I have to say...I'm happy with her. As with a lot of figures...sometimes pics just can't capture what you see in hand. The likeness is a little lacking but it seems to appear in certain angles. I DO think it has something to do with the paint apps. She's not painted poorly though. There are a lot of finely detailed skin tones you have to have in the right light to see. The hair on mine seems good, apart from a few strands here and there.

The outfit is really nice. Especially the base outfit. The cloak is a little difficult to deal with and I haven't dealt with the harness thingy yet (I don't quite remember it's use, can someone remind me?)

The dragons are all great apart from a wonky eye on Viserion, the paintwork is good enough on them. My only wish was that they made it a little easier to pose Drogon on Dannys shoulder. Oh well. I have her in a weird eagle summon pose or something :lol...Anyway...Here's a quick pic. I'll try to take some better ones this weekend. I'm still trying to find the best angle that brings out her likeness. I feel I am close with this one.

danny sf.jpg

Emillia Clarke is only 5'1"; there are only 2 members of the cast who are shorter, Peter Dinklage and Maise Williams, so it looks to me like she's actually in proper scale. Looking forward to my wife's arriving...PS

Mine arrived like this:
View attachment 384456

Believe it or not, but NOTHING was broken :horror

Viserion’s left leg was bent and his right leg came off but some hot water and some glue and it’s like new. I couldn’t believe it! Box all smashed to he|| but all items including the figure were intact!

And yes...this figure is sh|t for pics but looks better in hand. I think the eyebrows are throwing off the sculpt cause it does look like her in hand albeit maybe just a tad too thin in the face.

Emilia is petite, but also rather voluptuous. The body used for the figure is slimmer than Emilia is. It makes the figure look smaller than she actually is.

Kit is 5'7" and his figure is out of scale by a fair bit.

Besides, short girls rule!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Much better than the recent Star Ace Hermione Figure, which is supposed to be Emma Watson when she was 12 yet stands 11.5" tall.

Emilia is petite, but also rather voluptuous. The body used for the figure is slimmer than Emilia is. It makes the figure look smaller than she actually is.

Kit is 5'7" and his figure is out of scale by a fair bit.

Besides, short girls rule!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes...she got nice...curves.

Did some of the individual figures just come out with better paint jobs than others? I have no idea what to do with my preorder on Sideshow. I'll see some pictures that convince me to cancel it, and others that make me hesitate. :gah:

I think a repaint on the head sculpt will make a huge difference. I saw a post before where someone had repainted the stock Threezero Jon snow sculpt and it look amazing.

I will definitely get my repainted.

I was originally planning to repaint mine, but I'll have to take a good hard look at the sculpt first to see if there's enough of a likeness left under there to make it worthwhile. With the way the head appears squeezed in, I'm not convinced it would do much good (although it might be possible to heat up and widen the head back out somehow).

Picked mine up from the post today and I have to say...I'm happy with her. As with a lot of figures...sometimes pics just can't capture what you see in hand. The likeness is a little lacking but it seems to appear in certain angles. I DO think it has something to do with the paint apps. She's not painted poorly though. There are a lot of finely detailed skin tones you have to have in the right light to see. The hair on mine seems good, apart from a few strands here and there.

The outfit is really nice. Especially the base outfit. The cloak is a little difficult to deal with and I haven't dealt with the harness thingy yet (I don't quite remember it's use, can someone remind me?)

The dragons are all great apart from a wonky eye on Viserion, the paintwork is good enough on them. My only wish was that they made it a little easier to pose Drogon on Dannys shoulder. Oh well. I have her in a weird eagle summon pose or something :lol...Anyway...Here's a quick pic. I'll try to take some better ones this weekend. I'm still trying to find the best angle that brings out her likeness. I feel I am close with this one.

danny sf.jpg

That's a nice pic Biojex. Some angles she looks better in than others. Also the lighting affects the colors and contours of the HS as well. The front on shot of her imho is the worst.

Back