Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
24302139_10156265741099415_5924858890037099243_o.jpg

I feel like the hair is what's killing the look. If they can fix that, I'd be happy enough with it.

Mmmmh... I'm pretty sure the hair is not the problem. Maybe the totally different eyes, eyebrowses, makeup and lips shape? I still think that a total repaint will do wonders with this figure.

Daenerys.jpg

Huge difference in lighting between those 2 photos.

Absolutely. The light plays a role in all that. Still, the main problems I see:
Shape and placement of eyebrowses.
Shape and size of eyes.
Size and shadow of the iris.
Shape of the lips.
General tone of skin.
Makeup, specially the eye shadow, lip color and blush.
But I agree the sculpt is there, and I'm sure she will look pretty well in hand, just like other figures of the line. I haven't canceled my preorder and I look forward having her in my shelf.

Absolutely. The light plays a role in all that. Still, the main problems I see:
Shape and placement of eyebrowses.
Shape and size of eyes.
Size and shadow of the iris.
Shape of the lips.
General tone of skin.
Makeup, specially the eye shadow, lip color and blush.
But I agree the sculpt is there, and I'm sure she will look pretty well in hand, just like other figures of the line. I haven't canceled my preorder and I look forward having her in my shelf.

Yup. My lighting comment wasn't to say that they'll look identical in the same lighting conditions, just that the lighting needs to be taken into account.

I think I'd need to see the paint completely stripped off this to know for sure that it's the same sculpt. Because I'm just not seeing the likeness at all anymore.

I mean even with some of the crappy paintjobs I've seen with other sculpts, I can still usually see the likeness underneath and tell who it's supposed to be.

I don’t think we should be required to repaint it to look decent to be honest. We were sold a pup by the looks of things.

Haha yeh I know what you are saying but I guess my point is that I have had to repaint all of their releases so far for this line (before I'm happy with them) so what's one more. As long as the underlying sculpt is good, the body is usable and the dragons look cool then I will live with it (I will probably get a different outfit made for her down the line at some point as this is not my preferred look and at this rate I doubt Threezero will revisit her.

:slap Oh my this does not look good! This figure needs some serious futzing! Hope it's just bad lighting but the head looks to be a different skin tone to the rest of the body as well. I can just about live with it , but this could and should have been a lot, lot better than this...very disappointing. :(

Her nose resembles my own, and I don't mean that as a compliment. :rotfl

Well, a bit of Photoshop. On the left, the original figure pic. On the right, the promo image. In the middle, I've covered the eyebrowses with skintone and redraw them. Also added some makeup and reshaped eyes and lips, the way I'd do with actual paint, keeping the sculpt as is. Not too bad, I think, so I keep my hopes that the figure will look great at the end. Agree we shouldn't have to repaint it, tho.

Daenerys.jpg

I wonder if this is just a case where the original paint job made the sculpt and likeness seem a LOT better than they really were. Much like what Noel Cruz does with his repaints.

Eyes and lips are what seem to be hurting the production version to me. I will wait to see it in hand, but if I still dislike it on to eBay it goes. The great thing about 3zero exclusives is you can always at least break even.

I don't think the new likeness is ugly, it's just generic and doesn't look like Emilia. :(

I always expect production figures to not look quite as good as the protos (two decades of Sideshow collecting has taught me that!), but this is really disappointing ... not surprising ... but, yeah, disappointing. So bummed. :monkey2

Back