Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I defend ThreeZero normally, based on their price point and the nice quality of the clothing on the figures. I can forgive some minor likeness issues... but this is bad.

I knew and accepted that Dany wouldn’t look as good as the prototype pics, but this doesn’t even look like the same sculpt. I suppose it could just be the paint (those sloppy new eyebrows!), but the head seems to be a different shape and the lips seem to have lost definition.

Where it really falls apart is the hair styling. The prototype already looked like a simplified version of the hairstyle we see on screen, but this new one looks unfinished. It reminds me of what happens to my nieces Barbies’ hair after they’ve been played with for a long time.

If I hadn’t already paid for the exclusive, I’d cancel my order.

This is NOT The Prince That Was Promised!

The ears have lost definition too.

I thought the Hound was a good looking figure but I didn't dig on the others myself.

Go look at Owen Qi’s work on Facebook and you’ll see that the sculpts for Ned, Tyrion and the Hound were spot on (damn near perfect in fact). Not so for Jon and Jaime. Appears to be the case for Dani, too. Only a great repaint will tell the story...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go look at Owen Qi’s work on Facebook and you’ll see that the sculpts for Ned, Tyrion and the Hound were spot on (damn near perfect in fact). Not so for Jon and Jaime. Appears to be the case for Dani, too. Only a great repaint will tell the story...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I have seen them dude and that great John Snow one. I didn't like the tailoring on Tryrion and he looked far too wide in his outfit and his hands were lazily sculpted. Great head sculpt though. I like the Jamie Lannister and the hound but they are not characters I personally wanted.

I was wanting figures of the two main characters of the series and in both Snow and Kalisi, Threezero are just not meeting the standards in my opinion.
I feel very annoyed for the sculptors when this happens at the manufacturing stage.

I am still hoping that this is just a bad photo of Kalisi though and she doesn't look like Ellen Page. Miss Page is a lovely lass but I am not buying a Kalisi figure not Juno figure.

Wow, don't think I've ever been as disappointed from prototype to production in likeness.

You guys scared the ***** out of me. I saw the last page and I said, "oh no! They must've botched it! This sucks! and I only have one payment left to go!" Then I went back a couple of pages, saw the final product, and calmed down.

This is in NO WAY equal in problems to the star ace final POA Hermione! Can't believe that was even suggested. I think she looks perfectly fine. Yep, she is SLIGHTLY down from the proto but that's like going from utter perfection to very good. That proto was the best female sculpt I've ever seen . Now it's merely awesome and her hair now looks like the later seasons instead of midway through the run. Boo Hoo. I am happily keeping my preorder and can't wait till she gets here. If she's this close to release, sideshow will probably take my final payment Christmas day and I'll have her by my wife's birthday a week or so later. I'm sure my wife will be pleased I got a new dollie on her birthday lol.

StarAce's POA Hermione is a much more disappointing final product from prototype - the two sculpts don't even match.

At least with Daenerys, the underlying sculpt looks fundamentally the same but the paint apps are a step down from the proto.

It's a step down, to be sure, but it's NOTHING like Star Ace's POA Hermione. To even compare the two is absurd to me.

Most likely it's a paint downgrade.

For anyone still keeping their order, Threezero said December now on Facebook.

Well, having her in December is some consolation. I don’t want to deal with a repaint, so I’m hoping she’ll look more like Dany in hand, with some minor tweaks to her hair.

Otherwise I just bought myself a fancy new figure of The “Cousin” Of Dragons!

Non-exclusive
309cfbc56613df77aecbd9d2e02031f5.jpg

Exclusive
be491e9336cd2d8bbb7274e26a238744.jpg

My wife and I have found that the sculpts generally look much better in hand(at least so far)...

Back