Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're too busy making those very popular figures from movies like the Great Wall and Frankenstein. Oh and don't forget about all those asian shows and movies. They're definitely hitting the jackpot there, those other things are definitely more popular and more worthwhile than Game of Thrones figures.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

They're too busy making those very popular figures from movies like the Great Wall and Frankenstein. Oh and don't forget about all those asian shows and movies. They're definitely hitting the jackpot there, those other things are definitely more popular and more worthwhile than Game of Thrones figures.

They're an Asian company with an Asian fanbase, it's kind of ignorant calling them out on their figures from Asian shows and movies, they sell incredibly well to that market I'm sure. Are they not producing enough Canadian products for you?

Cover the ears, add the necklace and fix the hair. Can't help skin tone. I think it will be better in hand . Remeber this was only $160? And not $220+

Cover the ears, add the necklace and fix the hair. Can't help skin tone. I think it will be better in hand . Remeber this was only $160? And not $220+

Nobody is asking for Hot Toys quality, but to have a final product look that much worse than a prototype is inexcusable.

I'm sure guys like Jake Rahmier and Owen would do wonders with this, but not everyone has hundreds extra to spend on fixing a sculpt. I like her but not that much.

This is the last time I'm paying in full for anything from Threezero... I have the exclusive so I should be able to sell it.

It's frustrating, for sure. While I appreciate the relatively low pricepoint on 3Z's figures, I'd much rather spend $40-$60 more at the time of purchase for a better factory paint job than an EXTRA $100+ after delivery for a custom repaint. Plus you also have to wait several more months for the painter to get to your figure because all the good painters understandably have backlogs.

Ultimately a $160 figure can end up costing twice that (more than your standard Hot Toys figure) and take you twice as long to get ... just to get back to what was advertised in the first place.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't expect some drop-off in quality between the proto and the production piece ... it happens with most figures ... I'm just saying that drop off maybe shouldn't be so steep. Especially when you have to pay up front for pre-orders of the exclusives.

Frustrating.

It was just a sarcastic joke and I don't mean they should stop producing that stuff. Game of Thrones is perhaps the most popular thing out there and they are missing out on a great opportunity to capitalize on it. Some of their other nonasian licenses are very questionable. It has nothing to do with wanting Canadian products either. My whole point is they should appeal to an international fan basis rather than only one mostly.

So because it's "only" $160 it's ok to get a crappy figure? That's not an excuse. $160 is still a lot of money for a toy.

That custom sculpt someone was showing before is suddenly looking a whole lot better now.

If this one can't be improved, I'd love to see a new sculpt made for it that we can use instead. As much as I don't want to spend the extra money, I'd still very much like to have a nice Dany figure in my collection.

That custom sculpt someone was showing before is suddenly looking a whole lot better now.

If this one can't be improved, I'd love to see a new sculpt made for it that we can use instead. As much as I don't want to spend the extra money, I still very much like to have a nice Dany figure in my collection.
Agreed

It's frustrating, for sure. While I appreciate the relatively low pricepoint on 3Z's figures, I'd much rather spend $40-$60 more at the time of purchase for a better factory paint job than an EXTRA $100+ after delivery for a custom repaint. Plus you also have to wait several more months for the painter to get to your figure because all the good painters understandably have backlogs.

Ultimately a $160 figure can end up costing twice that (more than your standard Hot Toys figure) and take you twice as long to get ... just to get back to what was advertised in the first place.

Now I'm not saying we shouldn't expect some drop-off in quality between the proto and the production piece ... it happens with most figures ... I'm just saying that drop off maybe shouldn't be so steep. Especially when you have to pay up front for pre-orders of the exclusives.

Frustrating.

Repped

New pictures of Daenerys, by Owen Qi, from Facebook. She looks way better on these. Still not quite close to the promo images, but better IMO.

24312919_913631292139225_39123951315965889_n.jpg
24796411_913631385472549_8922406520729782114_n.jpg
24899782_913631355472552_3178655441811068655_n.jpg
24899840_913631315472556_853272796887460173_n.jpg

Back