Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figures I mentioned, which are the ones I own, not cherry-picked, are some of the most lauded and celebrated releases HT has ever made. DX12 Batman? Reeve Superman? Some people will argue those are the best they've ever done. I'll argue that Alfred is one of the top head sculpts they've ever produced.

But they do release more misses nonetheless. What HT has that no one else does right now, more than anything else, is volume. Both in terms of sheer number of different products as well as large production numbers of each of them. They've got some great factory output.

Don't think anyone claimed that. What I had just claimed was that Tyrion easily bests the HT figures I have on hand, regardless of price. If Ned cost $220 one might complain that he's light on accessories, stand, whathaveyou, but not on sculpt, body and soft goods of the basic figure. Doing that warrants the same complaint against every day releases from Hot Toys.

DX 12 is an overhyped piece of ****. Especially after seeing the armory Batman and the QS, I don't know how in the hell people found that acceptable, let alone exceptional.

I love the Reeve Superman figure, but I don't think the portrait is as strong as the best HT has done, including the Alfred I mentioned. It's exceptionally idealized like most of their efforts. But the paint is decent, and much better than the red-lipstick wearing Bespin Luke.

DX05 Indy has a terrible likeness to Ford, but the set itself is really nice. And again, much better understated paint than many other of their releases. Friends have always been impressed with my HT figures, including Indy (even the sculpt, go figure), but the few people who have seen my Tyrion have been totally floored. Yeah, I think even his likeness could be better, but the whole figure is great and definitely at "HT level." Had he been in a HT box no one would have said "this isn't as strong as HT's usual releases."

DX 12 is an overhyped piece of ****. Especially after seeing the armory Batman and the QS, I don't know how in the hell people found that acceptable, let alone exceptional.

And there you go. ;) I like the figure and I like the Armory version (the differences are subtle enough to not make a difference to 99% of people that see them both). I feel that a lot of HT's figures while decent, good and even great, are overhyped by some people. I'm not an absolute kind of guy, so I won't make an argument that any one company can hold a title with any permanence - everyone has hits and everyone has misses.

So what you're saying is that your shelves are in desperate need of HT Marvel ;) :lol

But that's not going to happen because I don't hold the films they're based on in high enough esteem to invest in collectibles. Guardians was my favorite, but I don't have enough sentimental attachment to any of those characters. I would actually like to own a Spider-Man 3 figure, even though I thought the movie was pure garbage and even though the costume doesn't have the coloring nor pattern of my favorite comic style. I'm also really eager to see an update on SSC's Wolverine, because I feel the design is infinitely more up my alley than the MCU version.

I showed my wife pics of Ned. She's not a collector and doesn't have much interest in the subject, and even she said the sculpt is "okay" compared to some of my HTs that she's seen. She was more impressed with the cloak and clothing. She thinks the beard and hair look off.

For the price it's certainly a good looking figure, but like my wife I'd say the tailoring looks better than the sculpt. I'm actually more impressed with their turtles than Tyrion or Ned... IMO Threezero's strength lies in non human sculpts. Leonardo looks great. I always think back to that terrible Shepard sculpt.

That said I will pick this up eventually and look forward to seeing the Jon Snow figure.

Let's get away from the HT comparisons. It's really not needed. Thanks to Chockles for the early pics. My only criticism might be the beard could be darker, but that could change once I have him in hand.

I like how he has a determined look, fits the character nicely. I see what a few have brought up with the beard, could be darker and a bit thicker/wider.

I'm glad majority in here are happy with what they have seen. So far and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe threeZero has released three human head sculpts. They are the dead space Isaac, GOT Tyrion and Ned. My confidence in them in this area is getting higher and higher. I already have more on order in regards to figures with head sculpts such as mass effect Shepard and breaking bad Walter. I believe they will deliver and Snow will as well.
The rest of Threezero stuff I've ordered are their exceptional robotics/machanical works as usual.
It's more fun buying threezero stuff than threeA lately. Still waiting for their Halo stuff and their upcoming Destiny figures.

Anyhows Ned is without a doublt classed as a good figure, way way better than that crap I have SS nathan drake. What a big disappointment.

Haha enough rant. Please post some quality photos here of Ned when you all get yours in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post more of yours, Chockles. You're our only hope.

Haha I'll be happy to take cameras as donations. I'm willing to spend money on a figure but not willing to buy a decent camera.

Just a little while to wait and it's worth the wait. Rather be glad you have a good figure coming instead or waiting for a dud and ending the line so soon.

I'm just curious to how they handle female sculpts. That in my opinion is hard to nail down. Best of luck to threezero.

Haha I'll be happy to take cameras as donations. I'm willing to spend money on a figure but not willing to buy a decent camera.

Just a little while to wait and it's worth the wait. Rather be glad you have a good figure coming instead or waiting for a dud and ending the line so soon.

I'm just curious to how they handle female sculpts. That in my opinion is hard to nail down. Best of luck to threezero.

I'm curious on that matter as well. I've made it no secret that I'm most excited for a Dany figure, I just hope they can get the likeness right!

Yay! Saw the pics on FB and knew it was Chockles so rushed over here.

Can't wait to get my shipping notice. Ice, Ice Baby!

The sculpt is a HUGE improvement from the proto so I'm happy. Not perfect but good enough. The weakest thing for me is the hair and the colour.

Winter is Coming this May.

Yay! Saw the pics on FB and knew it was Chockles so rushed over here.

Can't wait to get my shipping notice. Ice, Ice Baby!

The sculpt is a HUGE improvement from the proto so I'm happy. Not perfect but good enough. The weakest thing for me is the hair and the colour.

Winter is Coming this May.

You knew it was me? How? Hahaha

Anyhows it's def. an improvement. I looked at the sculpt deeply on the second day from all angles and I can see Bean. Haha it's grown on me. Slowly but surely. These take time to feel. Lol

Hope you get your figure soon and thanks again to Pixel for posting on FB.

You knew it was me? How? Hahaha

Anyhows it's def. an improvement. I looked at the sculpt deeply on the second day from all angles and I can see Bean. Haha it's grown on me. Slowly but surely. These take time to feel. Lol

Hope you get your figure soon and thanks again to Pixel for posting on FB.

Because you were first with Tyrion and the camera was crap .. haha just kidding :lol

Back