Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^When you say Medium, do you mean the size of the normal True Type KOs you find on eBay?

It is a normal medium TT body by HT. I dont know if the KOs from ebay match exactly.

I found that the original body made him look like he was too thin and constantly shrugging his shoulders. He has a more naturally human look to him now imo.

Got the figure yesterday and was actually very pleased with the proportions. I feared the bobblehead. I also think the body is very serviceable for display. Those not wanting the added expense of a body swap can manage with the stock figure. The neck color does stand out from certain angles, but does not look too bad on the shelf.

While there has been quite a bit of frustration over what threezero has done or not done with the license so far, fans of the character and show should still give this a look. I am really happy with it and am very glad I did not pass on it.

20161102_112034_resized.jpg

20161102_111821_resized.jpg

20161102_111948_resized.jpg

Is it just me or do his lips look the same color as his beard? I've seen multiple shots from different members and that's the one thing that sticks out to me. Maybe is just a photo thing?

Do you have a specific method? Especially for the blood.

I use tamiya clear red for blood. May mix in some brown to give it a dried look. Use sparingly. Ive learned that it's pretty easy to get carried away and next thing you know it looks silly. Less is more in my experience.

I'll use a dry brush weathering kit for dirt/mud. Same idea about less being more. The danger here is getting carried away.

I would also suggest trying it out on the back of the shirt first. If you dont like the results no one sees them and you can always make adjustments.

Is it just me or do his lips look the same color as his beard? I've seen multiple shots from different members and that's the one thing that sticks out to me. Maybe is just a photo thing?

The lips are dark. It's not just photos. Not exactly the same color as the beard, but a bit too dark. They were probably painted with some specific image for photo reference. It doesn't look terrible in hand.

Not the same, but very similar. Does look a little unnatural up close

Got the figure yesterday and was actually very pleased with the proportions. I feared the bobblehead. I also think the body is very serviceable for display. Those not wanting the added expense of a body swap can manage with the stock figure. The neck color does stand out from certain angles, but does not look too bad on the shelf.

While there has been quite a bit of frustration over what threezero has done or not done with the license so far, fans of the character and show should still give this a look. I am really happy with it and am very glad I did not pass on it.

View attachment 302462

View attachment 302463

View attachment 302464

Agreed, the body while not ideal it is "serviceable" as you said, I tend to prefer leaving my figures stock anyway. I'm pretty happy with the figure, really nice sculpt, good paint, nice outfit, average accessories and a serviceable body and overall its worth the 160 asking price, I'm not blown away with it but I am happy to have a very nice official Rick Grimes on the shelf.

Great photos too BTW:clap

Just received mine today. Normally I am not a big complainer but this figure semi sucks. Everything seems to be just not quite right.

The body has been covered ad nauseam. It is not as bad as people have made it out to be but it is not great either.

My real beef is with the paint ops, accessories, and condition of the box.

I have not seen much griping from anyone else in this arena so I probably just got a lemon. Hopefully Sideshow will make it right. Normally I can handle a little miss here and there but the right eye on mine is a disaster. Instead of the eyelash accents which are perfect on the left eye there is a big glop of white paint under the right eye. Lovely. The hairline is off too but nowhere near as distracting.

The Python paint work is very sloppy and the ejection rod on mine is warped all to hell. It is way to fragile to heat up and attempt realigning.
Then there is the AK-47. What the hell? Bad paint ops, brittle flimsy construction, and a useless sling. The sling probably bothers me the most. They sculpt a sling swivel on the butt stock and then give you exactly nothing to hook the latch on to the fore grip. I thought at first maybe it was just another flaw with mine but after looking at everyone's pictures, nope. Hooking it to the front sight looks awful and I am not even going to attempt getting that latch around what is supposed to be a cleaning rod below the barrel. That has breakage written all over it. Total joke.
Surprisingly outside of it feeling extremely cheap I have no complaints with the machete.

Lastly, the box. Ever seen Ace Ventura Pet Detective? Normally I blame UPS but this one is on Sideshow and bad packing. Two pieces of crumpled up brown shipping paper. Really Sideshow? I know this figure is only $150 and bubble wrap can be costly but I also know you gouge on shipping. You can afford it and you also would not have a customer that is going to demand an entirely new figure with a box that does not look like it was kicked down the street six times.

This makes three in a row from Sideshow with beat up boxes. Any one else have this problem with them?

Being the time it took to produce, I expected better. Head sculpt is average at best, tailoring is suspect....pants, belt are cool. The coat and tshirt don't fit well and the boots not really weathered to match the rest of the outfit.....:monkey4

Well, the knock-off bodies are cheaper than the genuine Hot Toys and plentiful on Ebay.

This kind of thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Narr...095455?hash=item1eba07d95f:g:bJkAAOSwPCVYAJbN

Just search for the cheapest/best option.

That looks like the body I planned on using. If it is, I had an issue with the neck connector. The ball on the neck peg is too big for the socket in Rick's head. Then I tried the threezero neck on that body, it fits, but it was very loose and wobbled around. It'll need a little work to make things fit well.
The only other body I had on hand, that wasn't in use, was a muscular body. The body is a little buff, but I think it fills the t-shirt out nicely and looks decent if I wanted to take off the jacket. I don't think the musculature is overly noticeable while wearing the jacket.

My not weathered/painted WIP Damtoys Rick with buff Rick. Btw, the boots on Damtoys Rick are from their Gangsters Kingdom line. They are not cowboy boots, but they have nice ankle movement and are a harder material. He stands really well:

SM08MtY.jpg

RoiNRtY.jpg

Back