ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Midas 1/6th Collectible Figure [PRE-ORDER NOW]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hips were really stuck! i mean i couldn't get them moving at all even with heat. I sent SSC a message about it and they said use some WD40 but just drab a bit into the joints, while they go check one from their stock. They came back saying they had the same problem but with some force they got the legs moving. So anyway the bit of WD40 got mine working nice and after a few month there are no ill effects. I was covered by SSC just incase it was a problem.

Glad it worked for you then mate. It's the globbing it on that'll give you bad results. Just be careful k? :peace

Glad it worked for you then mate. It's the globbing it on that'll give you bad results. Just be careful k? :peace

Yeah i wasn't going to spray it into the joints because i'd heard about problems with it. But just adding a little drop and having SSC replace it if it was a problem was good enough for me.

I'll be switching to RC car lube from now on though if i have anymore problems.

Yeah i wasn't going to spray it into the joints because i'd heard about problems with it. But just adding a little drop and having SSC replace it if it was a problem was good enough for me.

Yeah I get it man, always nice to know SS have your back.

I'll be switching to RC car lube from now on though if i have anymore problems.

:clap It's the safest, a little googling on the subject and you'll agree.

Finally got my Midas in the mail yesterday! And got the chance to open him up and my Ambush too to play with them a bit. Still need to go get some batteries to make them come to life, but here are some quick pictures -

31891_10152538602125394_2086773833_n.jpg

13003_10152538602430394_896287265_n.jpg

47023_10152538602540394_659855415_n.jpg

72983_10152538602775394_2063909166_n.jpg

525157_10152538616025394_1095502247_n.jpg

521342_10152538630150394_703279366_n.jpg

Very happy with the purchase. The joints are scarily tight but once I work it a few times, they get better. Just need to know where to hold it to move the parts. My Ambush is a second hand item, and the shoulder ball joint feels like a rag doll when I take him out before. I pulled out the joint and felt that there are oil/grease on the ball, hence it is not holding any pose. I ended up adding some blue tack to the socket and push the ball back, and now Ambush can raise an arm! I strongly suggest those of you who are planning to add WD40 or wax to actually work the joints a bit first. It is better to be a little tight that totally loose!!

Really cool pics! Thanks for posting. :duff

You are welcome bud! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Now I wish they would come out with a Noisy Boy. That would be the one to look forward to! As much as Atom is the main bot, I think Noisy Boy looks coolest! Of coz, I wonder if they will also make Zeus. That would be killer!

You are welcome bud! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Now I wish they would come out with a Noisy Boy. That would be the one to look forward to! As much as Atom is the main bot, I think Noisy Boy looks coolest! Of coz, I wonder if they will also make Zeus. That would be killer!

They said no to Zeus :(

If 3A can make the whole gang, Metro, Twin Cities, and all. Honestly, when I first saw the trailer of Real Steel, I dismissed it as yet another dumb movie from Hollywood. With no expectations, I walked into the theatre and is surprised how good it is. The story is straight forward, no dumb forced "bad" stuff happened to them, and totally an underdog fighting back type of deal. Watch the Blu-Ray with wife again and the second time viewing makes me really like the designs of the robots. Each one has it's own character and the designs are well done. I would buy them all if they come out with them (and of coz because of the quality they are in!).

If 3A can make the whole gang, Metro, Twin Cities, and all. Honestly, when I first saw the trailer of Real Steel, I dismissed it as yet another dumb movie from Hollywood. With no expectations, I walked into the theatre and is surprised how good it is. The story is straight forward, no dumb forced "bad" stuff happened to them, and totally an underdog fighting back type of deal. Watch the Blu-Ray with wife again and the second time viewing makes me really like the designs of the robots. Each one has it's own character and the designs are well done. I would buy them all if they come out with them (and of coz because of the quality they are in!).
Yeah i love the film and would buy any of the robots they made as well. :hi5:

So only Atom is the only one left that has been officially announced yet right?
Noisy Boy has been officially announced, so it's him and Atom left. :yess:

He is announced alright, but we have never seen any prototype or in progress sculpt. I hope they will move forward with him but doubtful when it is so long after the movie already....

I know we haven't seen anything but the 3A staff say he's coming along nicely. I'm sure we'll still see this guy. :)

Midas just got delivered :yess: I can't wait to get home and unbox this bad boy.

I couldn't wait to open him, so i just had a look and he's fantastic! Really happy with him. :rock

Excellent shots!

I should get some batteries to see the lights, but i hardly ever use any of the lights on my figures. Midas does look cool with 'em on though!

Back