ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Midas 1/6th Collectible Figure [PRE-ORDER NOW]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Midas 1/6th Collectible Figure Announced

I wonder how much their Atom will be, he's not very big.

AtomWatchMe.jpg

If I remember right, Atom was sitting down right there. I don't think he was as bug as Zeus but he's definitely not as small as Hugh Jackman

He looks pretty big in the pics from the show, you can kinda judge the height from Ambush and Midas in the background in some shots

Midas goes onsale friday the 24th at Bambaland with exclusive controller ! $290usd, shipping is included !

These figures look great. Problem I have is that I didn't like the film but 3A + Robots - :yess:

I guess I am one of the select few who quite enjoyed the film. Hell all of my friends did too and even my parents had a blast watching it. I came in there for a boxing robots story and that's what I got. If they make a sequel, I hope they work on the choreography though. I liked the general design and style of the film a lot, but I think its weakpoint was that the fight scenes tended to be short and simplistic. Could definitely use some more elaborate fights. I definitely felt the punches though. Watching the final fight was a great feeling. Got really into it.

I'm more than happy to buy these figures. I wonder if ThreeA will try to make some kind of dio boxing ring or something. Would be really cool.

I think a choice they should have did was made it so that the boxes these come with can be formed to create a kind of ghetto ring. Maybe each box could come with a pole and some strings and then when you buy four Real Steel figures you would have enough to form the ring. Would have been an interesting treat for the collectors.

I guess I am one of the select few who quite enjoyed the film. Hell all of my friends did too and even my parents had a blast watching it. I came in there for a boxing robots story and that's what I got. If they make a sequel, I hope they work on the choreography though. I liked the general design and style of the film a lot, but I think its weakpoint was that the fight scenes tended to be short and simplistic. Could definitely use some more elaborate fights. I definitely felt the punches though. Watching the final fight was a great feeling. Got really into it.

I'm more than happy to buy these figures. I wonder if ThreeA will try to make some kind of dio boxing ring or something. Would be really cool.

I think a choice they should have did was made it so that the boxes these come with can be formed to create a kind of ghetto ring. Maybe each box could come with a pole and some strings and then when you buy four Real Steel figures you would have enough to form the ring. Would have been an interesting treat for the collectors.

:goodpost:

I enjoyed the film too it was fun and did what i expected it to do.

Robots were awesome, Atom, Zeus and Noisy Boy stole the show so they are serious contenders for my money.

same here, i hope they make everything except metro and twin cities, cant afford them all

Does anyone know if Sideshow will be selling this one?

Still up at bamba. Why pay more plus shipping?
Do they ship to the UK and i thought you could only pay with paypal? Protection would be void by the time this ships. Also if something is wrong SSC will look after me without having to send it back over there. :)

Might not have the money just yet

I have the money. :)

Last edited:

Do they ship to the UK and i thought you could only pay with paypal? Protection would be void by the time this ships. Also if something is wrong SSC will look after me without having to send it back over there. :)

Bambaland is Paypal and pay up front, but speaking from experience, i'm currently waiting on them sending me a repaired clothing piece and a replacement hand from another figure and have previously gotten a brand new head from a piece i bought on eBay, so getting the figure fixed or replaced won't be a problem.

Bambaland really should start a Flexpay like system I think people would be a lot more supportive of the site if they did especially considering how expensive their stuff ends up being and how long we have to wait. Dropping five hundred dollars for a giant robot and then not seeing it for a year is pretty ridiculous.

I'm glad I got the ThreeA membership because it has helped pressure me to buying Ambush, Rex, and Midas this year. It's hard to say no to the 15% discounts plus free shipping on figures I have at least somewhat of an interest in. At the same time it has reduced my interest in their generic variants and such.

they did mention on FB they use this money from the pre orders for producing the toys

Bambaland is Paypal and pay up front, but speaking from experience, i'm currently waiting on them sending me a repaired clothing piece and a replacement hand from another figure and have previously gotten a brand new head from a piece i bought on eBay, so getting the figure fixed or replaced won't be a problem.

Ah right, thanks for the info. :)

Ah I guess that makes sense.

I wondered why they did business how they do but it can be a pain the ass for someone like me who hasn't got a credit card. When something goes up I want I've not always got a spare 2-300 bucks lying my account.

Couldn't resist. Ordered.
Been a fan of Robots since the days of Transformers and Astroboy.

I wondered why they did business how they do but it can be a pain the ass for someone like me who hasn't got a credit card. When something goes up I want I've not always got a spare 2-300 bucks lying my account.

Don't worry I think we all hate it too. I want to imagine the hardcore fans of 3A are not oblivious to the apparent and obvious flaws, but instead just actively accept them or something. Going to the forums for example give me the impression of a cult like following. It's almost scary sometiems :lol Go here though and no matter how respected the company is people are very self aware and willing to harshly critique. I know it pisses people off here, but I would argue the opposite (blindly loving stuff) is far worse.

That being said yeah it really sucks throwing down four hundred dollars for something you won't see for another eight months. It just doesn't make sense to me and I can't really think of any other major company that does that. Even the ones that do tend to do it shortly prior to release, like Enterbay.

I was hoping when 3A went with the Sideshow partnership and the news letter that they would decide to step up their game and become more professional, but neither of those things happened. We haven't had a newsletter for months and the people who regularly update the news stuff tend to be just as clueless as us because information is just not provided by this company. Only a few things have went up on Sideshow and every time it is significantly better to just go with Bambaland for the discounts and exclusives. Not only that but 99% of the products are still Bambaland exclusive, and the whole 24 hour drop stuff and secret drops etc... is such an absurdly stupid business model that I'll never understand it.

The weird thing is that for a little while they had mentioned moving to a different model of production where they would produce the figure prior to the preorder and then those preorders would more or less be actual orders. The figure would ship out a week or two after the drop is over. They did this with what... one figure (the lolipop one) and then stopped? Seriously what the hell. Experiment with your own time and money; not ours.

Sorry for the rant :lol This is literally the only toy related forum I know where I don't feel awkward harshly critiquing 3A in a discussion about their stuff.

Back