Three Zero Game of Thrones Arya Stark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DumpsterFire2.jpg

I'm sure this is just what a company who's trying to do their best loves to see. I dare anyone of you to try to do better. Stop ******** on the company and just stop buying it if you hate it. I'm kind of sick of the negativity over a ****ing toy.

Looks good to me. I prefer the rooted hair. Good to see ThreeZero continuing the line, although Dany was somewhat of a letdown. They really need to make some more character announcements soon if they want to keep collector interest.

I'm sure this is just what a company who's trying to do their best loves to see. I dare anyone of you to try to do better. Stop ******** on the company and just stop buying it if you hate it. I'm kind of sick of the negativity over a ****ing toy.

I respectfully disagree. We are the buying public not manufacturers and such. This isn't as simple as "Do It Yourself" like basic yard work that someone did for free as a favor. This is large scale manufacturing appealing to a buying public that have a right to criticize something that WE are expected to pay for. Everyone has the right to voice their issues when ThreeZero hold exclusive rights to 1/6 collectibles to a hot desired property. When these figures are $220 (not $45-60 like Sideshow 10 years ago), you bet I'm going to call out a company when other companies, even unlicensed companies, have proven that high quality can be achieved for $220.

I like it. I'll get her. BUT. The drop from proto to final for Danerys(which had an perfect prototype. Best female sculpt ever) makes me think this is gonna have an even greater drop and that wouldn't be good for this figure at all. She's good enough but not amazing. I love the character and the other figures have priced themselves out too much for me to consider them now so I'll get her...but I'm only cautiously optimistic on her rather than overjoyed like I wanted to be. Wish Jon Snow and Tyrion weren't so damn expensive now.

The "negativity" is only directed at the toy, nothing else. This is a discussion forum where people express their thoughts, pro and con, on the product. If you're sick of negative comments then perhaps just don't read the forum rather than tell us we can't express our opinions on a product - a product we all want but that the company is screwing up in the manufacturing process.

Also, they aren't doing their best. A decent head sculpt costs maybe around $800 to commission from a great sculptor. That's not very much when you're ThreeZero selling figures at over $160 per figure. If their sculptors aren't up to the challenge (which seems to be the case) then they need to hire someone who is. It's not a difficult problem to solve and they are aware of it dating back to Ned.

No one here is mindlessly dumping negativity on the manufacturer. There is valid reason given. There is a long record of praise for what they got right and constructive criticism for what they got wrong, along with understandable frustration - frustration that a company that is obviously capable of producing great product (The Hound and Tyrion) has consistently failed to do so with every other character. At these prices, and with a license as huge as Game Of Thrones, they should offer better quality sculpts rather than making it so you have to buy a custom head and pay and arm and a leg to have it painted if you want something that looks better than a higher end Barbie or Hasbro figure.

I truly have not seen anyone here just trolling with negativity as you imply. Just because someone says "Hey this is crap" doesn't mean the statement is invalid or is mindless trolling. My comment was probably the most severe, calling most of the heads crap, but it was in no way without reason or an equal amount of praise for what they have gotten right (not to mention several hundred dollars they've been paid by me). It was my sincere opinion- they've gotten two figures right out of the 7 or so released/previewed. If we want sycophantic praise maybe their Facebook page is a better forum to browse, since they seem to delete critique.

Sean

I think that the face sculpt looks fine (can't vouche for the finalized product), but they really need to go sculpted hair for Arya.

That thick puffy mess is throwing the entire HS off.

Why the **** are you on a public forum about collectibles if you don't want to hear opinions on them? Use your own logic and go start your own forum where only sycophants are allowed, your post is ridiculous. Tired of it? Really? GTFO the board then, see how easy it is to follow your own advice?

The hair really is throwing off an otherwise strong likeness. I'm not sure rooted hair that has to be mass produced is a good idea at this length.

Rooted hair might be cheaper to produce than making sculpted hair as it requires more mold to be made, if they wanna be in HT level with multi layer hair sculpt.

I hear you, bro.

Back