Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thread Index: Hot Toys - BB, TDK, TDKR - Releases

Big thanks to everybody who supported me with great aguments, most of them even better than my own!
This one is my favourite:

(...)

Based on the relatively large amount of releases, Pirate saw a need for a 1/6 scale index of the Nolan Batman universe, where he didn't see one for the '89 Batman. If you noticed a real need for a comprehensive 1/6 scale Batman index incorporating everything, why didn't YOU create one before Pirate?

(...)

:exactly: :goodpost: Even if the complainers were respectful and Pirate still said no, he would be in the right. He said why he disagreed with their reasoning, and some accepted that and let it be. Others attacked him for it. Let them stew.

The image I got of Gigerfan is somebody who isn't capable to discuss, like a small child screaming on the floor of a supermarket because Mom has refused to buy the low-hung sweeties.
But I don't see a reason to take his behaviour personal because if you take a look into his other posts you'll find it's not the first time he was insulting towards other board members for no reason.
Probably he'll also not understand the difference between calling somebody an idiot or to hold the opinion that somebody behaves like an idiot.
I'm also sure he'll not show backbone and apologise.

I respect Daves's decision and I suppose he decided like that to avoid further discussions,
which I would understand. The cleverer give in.

On the one hand I really thought about deleting the entire first post's content now and ask to remove the thread from the sticky section,
not out of defiance but because I still hold the opinion that it's not necessary to add additional stuff of small categories and it's not what I made this thread for.
Again:

Man :1-1:, the funny thing is, that actually this poll:

New Section for HT Iron Man stuff only?

leaded me to say no, that wouldn't make sense as it's all Marvel, same as BB, TDK, TDKR are all DC and to help the guys in the marvel section I just thought it would be nice to make a sorted list of the specific threads:

1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - Iron Man 1, 2, 3 & The Avengers - Releases

Then I thought it would only be fair to make an index like this for lines with many releases in the DC section as well, which is this thread's first post.

I was also asked to make one for the Hot Toys Transformers, which I did with great assistance from a-dev and Intruder04 and an Alien(s) and Predators(s) thread, which is still WIP.

It's not about anybodies favourites but about lines with many figures.

But on the other hand I thought deleting it wouldn't be the right thing to do as it would mostly harm all the people who liked the index the way it was
or at least respected the reason I made it for.

So all changes I'll be doing now are for everybody else but Gigerfan.
Time to add Hot Toys snapkits... :lol

ht_snapkits_01.jpg

Img source: https://www.figuresworld.net/movies_tv/batman/hottoys_begins_dioramas.htm

Thanks again for all your support buddies!
(Will probably not find the time to change anything before the weekend.)

Last edited:

what a disappointing decision.

once again sending the message that pitching a bloody baby fit and being an obnoxious bully will get you what you want.

it's no wonder this place has such a crap reputation.

: o p

the pictures are pretty
picture.php

Thanks man, I really liked to add some graphical categorization.
Think it's more pleasant than sheer text all over the place.

Not sure if I'll invest more time to make more of them for the additional lines now.

what a disappointing decision.

once again sending the message that pitching a bloody baby fit and being an obnoxious bully will get you what you want.

it's no wonder this place has such a crap reputation.

: o p

I know what you mean and I absolutely hold the same opinion!
Really just doing this as I don't want to harm all respectfull boardies just because of one guy that can't simply stay out of the thread if he doesn't like it.

Last edited:

It is a real shame, and I do agree that it gives the impression that if people act rude and childish they can get what they want. After seeing some of the ridiculous reactions and statements by some people here over the past few days its really soured my view of the boards.

I've said it before but I really can't believe so many people were being so rude to somebody trying to do something nice.

Also, don't see what happened to the other Hot Toys Batman thread, which he changed into an over all DC thread, making it pretty much redundant and more worthless. Yikes, what a mess.

Wow. This thread smells of gigerdouche.

Good job Pirate. :rock

It is a real shame, and I do agree that it gives the impression that if people act rude and childish they can get what they want. After seeing some of the ridiculous reactions and statements by some people here over the past few days its really soured my view of the boards.

I've said it before but I really can't believe so many people were being so rude to somebody trying to do something nice.

Also, don't see what happened to the other Hot Toys Batman thread, which he changed into an over all DC thread, making it pretty much redundant and more worthless. Yikes, what a mess.

Their behaviour definitelly surprised me, too. :dunno
Yes, the other thread started to perfecly show how confusing and therefore redundant it woul become if one wants to add every single small category.
Fortunately it was deleted.

(...)

Good job Pirate. :rock

Thanks man! ;)

So is the name of this thread going to just be "1/6 Hot Toys Batman index" now since Dave and Hydeous said it should be covered?

Well, if I were to add my 2 cents on this one, and I'm about to - yes, I would add in the 1989 Batman figures and just change the title to reflect that. Especially if mods and Dave say it should be added. Which is not to say that I approve of Pirate being called names or trolled the way he has been.

Agreed.

The Adam West, Returns and Arkham stuff too when ever those get specs/pics.

Hey guys, I'll probably change the title to:
"1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - Batman related releases"

Do you think this would cover it clearly?

Think I would add announced releases the way I did with "John Blake" for example.

I can link to discussion threads we have for Adam West, Returns and Arkham stuff
and would change the links when we have official threads.

Hey guys, I'll probably change the title to:
"1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - Batman related releases"

Do you think this would cover it clearly?

Think I would add announced releases the way I did with "John Blake" for example.

I can link to discussion threads we have for Adam West, Returns and Arkham stuff
and would change the links when we have official threads.

How about just ''1:6 Thread Index: Hot Toys Batman lines''

That allows for all the Nolan films, the Burton films, Arkham etc plus characters other than just Batman himself.

How about just ''1:6 Thread Index: Hot Toys Batman lines''

That allows for all the Nolan films, the Burton films, Arkham etc plus characters other than just Batman himself.

Sounds perfect to me. After all the trouble I was really worrying myself that just "Batman" could let somebody ask why there ar other figures than Batman listed. :lol

Wasn't completely happy with "Batman related".

Well, if I were to add my 2 cents on this one, and I'm about to - yes, I would add in the 1989 Batman figures and just change the title to reflect that. Especially if mods and Dave say it should be added. Which is not to say that I approve of Pirate being called names or trolled the way he has been.

Here's my 2 cents, if by sticking Hot Toys monicker on the title means that it should include every Batman lines done by HT, considering the thread is listed under DC Action Figures then logic dictates that it shouldn't just be restricted to only HT, but Mattell, DCD, Lego, etc. because previously the title had "BB, TDK, TDKR" which worked as quantifier. And if that quantifier is deemed irrelevant, why should "Hot Toys" and "Batman" be treated differently? Hope the mods can help me understand their decision. :peace

Re: WIP - Thread Index: Hot Toys - Batman lines

Pirate wanted to make HOT TOYS indexes for Batman, Iron Man, Terminator, etc. so logic dictates that ALL the available HOT TOYS photo & specs links that fit in those categories are included in them.

What is so hard to comprehend?

The admin and mods clearly see the simple logic of it all.

Pages of drama over nothing!

It's just some simple lines of code, a 5 second cut and paste job, it's no big deal.

The End.

Last edited:

Here's my 2 cents, if by sticking Hot Toys monicker on the title means that it should include every Batman lines done by HT, considering the thread is listed under DC Action Figures then logic dictates that it shouldn't just be restricted to only HT, but Mattell, DCD, Lego, etc. because previously the title had "BB, TDK, TDKR" which worked as quantifier. And if that quantifier is deemed irrelevant, why should "Hot Toys" and "Batman" be treated differently? Hope the mods can help me understand their decision. :peace

That's exactly what I was talking about. In the other deleted thread everybody could clearly see what it leads to when the index is extended on every single line or thread.
That index was already starting to become confusing at the point when it was deleted and in the end it would have been as long as the DC section itself, if one adds everything.

Droped Gigerfan of my igno list just to see that I was right, no backbone to apologise here. - He made it right back to the list.

Pirate wanted to make HOT TOYS indexes for Batman, Iron Man, Terminator, etc. so logic dictates that ALL the available HOT TOYS photo & specs links that fit in those categories are included in them.(...)

No, stop telling me what it I wanted to do and for which reason! I wanted to make indexes for Hot Toys figure lines with many releases, especially with multiple releases of one character. That's why I made one for Nolan Batman figures as well and it clearly stated "BB, TDK & TDKR", not Batman in general. '89 Batman lines have only a few releases, that's why I didn't make an index for them.
No distinction by preferences but by number of releases.

(...)What is so hard to comprehend?(...)

That's what many people are wondering about you!

(...)The admin and mods clearly see the simple logic of it all.

That looks like a real pathetic effort in brown-nosing.
You purposely left out the only absolutely clear statement on that, which that insults from guys like you and calling another member, such as "idiot" is infractable!

(...)Pages of drama over nothing!

It's just some simple lines of code, a 5 second cut and paste job, it's no big deal.

The End.

It's 5 seconds of work if you unlovingly drop links into a list as we could see on the deleted "index".

Such an index doesn't make much sense if it's made without some guidance so it needs more time than 5 seconds.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Really have to quote DarkMagic again at this point:

(...)

Based on the relatively large amount of releases, Pirate saw a need for a 1/6 scale index of the Nolan Batman universe, where he didn't see one for the '89 Batman. If you noticed a real need for a comprehensive 1/6 scale Batman index incorporating everything, why didn't YOU create one before Pirate?

(...)

:exactly: :goodpost: Even if the complainers were respectful and Pirate still said no, he would be in the right. He said why he disagreed with their reasoning, and some accepted that and let it be. Others attacked him for it. Let them stew.

Last edited:

To be fair though Begins only had "a couple of releases", less than 1989 Batman and perhaps less than upcoming lines with more product on the way.

I don't ever recall Hot Toys calling their Batman lines, "the Dark Knight trilogy license", they've always been three distinct lines. I think that's where the problem stems from for some folks. It just seems odd. For most, a Hot Toys Batman is a hot toys Batman.

Same with the Marvel stuff. Who dictates what's a necessity or not? If the Iron Man thread index (the only one that should exist in my opinion, that was a really good idea for that character Pirate). But then what about Cap? He's listed along with the Avengers but also has a good couple solid releases if his own that makes things a little complicated.

To be fair though Begins only had "a couple of releases", less than 1989 Batman and perhaps less than upcoming lines with more product on the way.

I don't ever recall Hot Toys calling their Batman lines, "the Dark Knight trilogy license", they've always been three distinct lines. I think that's where the problem stems from for some folks. It just seems odd. For most, a Hot Toys Batman is a hot toys Batman.(...)

That's an argument I can partially live with. Look, I already said I'll add them. Actually I never even said I wouldn't add them, right from the threads beginning:

Maybe also add the Burton ones and also the 66 one? Im pretty sure they'll be making variations of those as well soon. :lol
Maybe later when this gets confusing as well. :hi5:(...)

I just held the opinion that it's not necessary atm as I made this index for figure lines with many releases and not for Batman or DC in general.
I still hold the opinion and yes of course I see the Nolanverse releases as one line, they all belong to one interpretation of the Batman story. '89 Batman is another.

(...)Same with the Marvel stuff. Who dictates what's a necessity or not? If the Iron Man thread index (the only one that should exist in my opinion, that was a really good idea for that character Pirate). But then what about Cap? He's listed along with the Avengers but also has a good couple solid releases if his own that makes things a little complicated.

That's what it's about! I mean nobody made a thread like this before and nobody cared, now that I made it I'm not allowed to decide what I made it for?

Nobody in ther Marvel section bothered about the way I made the Iron Man index and they're all happy there, same with the Terminator and the Alien(s) and Predator(s) thread. :dunno

In the end I think it's just about the way some behaved here, especially Gigerfan, think that's what leaded everthing in the wrong direction a little.

Just hope that with adding other Hot Toys 1/6 Batman lines threads the discussion is done.

I also don't care if Gigerfan want's to see this as a triumph, in my imagination he's running through the supermarket with a big smile and a lollipop now. :blissy

There are other things in life than a sticky thread, so who cares. :rolleyes2
Doing this for the community, not for him or anybody else with no decency.

Last edited:
Re: WIP - Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

I honestly don't think that gigerfan quite understood my post though. He said "logic dictates this and that..." but there is absolutely no rebuttal to my post at all and there is no rhyme or reason to it. So my question still stands until one of the mods decides to answer.

Taking in DiFabio's point, gigerfan's logic sounds even more illogical since these lines can't exist without the movie franchise regardless of what HT wants to call it and the movies are the ones used by Pirate as the quantifier. So I think I need to be fair and ask you, Pirate, did you call the index something else before it had "BB, TDK, TDKR" in the title?

Re: WIP - Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

I honestly don't think that gigerfan quite understood my post though. He said "logic dictates this and that..." but there is absolutely no rebuttal to my post at all and there is no rhyme or reason to it. So my question still stands until one of the mods decides to answer.

Taking in DiFabio's point, gigerfan's logic sounds even more illogical since these lines can't exist without the movie franchise regardless of what HT wants to call it and the movies are the ones used by Pirate as the quantifier. So I think I need to be fair and ask you, Pirate, did you call the index something else before it had "BB, TDK, TDKR" in the title?

No, actually it was even more clear. :lol You can see the original title in the second post as the titles don't change in all posts, only in the ones that are left after the title was changed:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5936122&postcount=2

So the original title was:

Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Begins, The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises Releases - Thread Index

The only reason I changed the title to

1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - BB, TDK, TDKR - Releases

was, that the red marked selecteble prefix was changed (not by me but generally for the board) from "Hot Toys 1/6" to just "1/6".

Now that I had to enter "Hot Toys" as text to keep it clear there was no longer enough space for the entire movie titles.

Back