Thread Index: Hot Toys - 1/6 Batman lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thread Index: Hot Toys - BB, TDK, TDKR - Releases

Pirate seems to have good intentions I guess, but I still don't see why the focus is simply "Nolan Batman Trilogy", it's just plain odd to say the least.(...)

Because these simply have most of the Batman figurers yet. It was not about making a DC index. If Hot Toys' '89 Batman line was that big I'd have made a thread for them instead.

(...)That old MMS 13 Batman Begins figure thread is hardly relevant any more, so is half that list. I guess I just don't see the point in it. Someone that's looking WILL find the thread if they're interested. Look at all the newbs that bump up old, random threads that are years old.(...)

Half that list? I count 5 releases that aren't in frequent use anymore. There are often posts in wrong threads asking for the right ones.

(...)And yeah, I don't get why the Batman 1989, Superman and MoS threads aren't apart of this. They have quite a few releases now. I know pirate listed his reasons, but it still doesn't make sense. It seems like cherry picking and down right refusal, especially when some folks made links to them to be added.

Nothing is as important as the "Dark Knight Trilogy" though I guess. I think that's what it comes down to.

As I said:

(...)

We're talking about indices for figure lines with just a few releaeses by now.
It worked without any index before.

I made a few indices for Hot Toys' lines with many figures only because they become or they already are confusing.

Adding exceptions here and there would lead to never ending requests for further additions as there are various intersts and if one refuses to add something, this can obviously lead to anger on the side of some uncomprehending guys who made the suggestions to add something and then they become offensive. :dunno

In the end there would have to be an index with every single release of every single line in every single scale of every single manufacturer to please everybody.

That's why I refused to add more than the lines with many figures by now.

Hope now everybody understands and respects that. :peace

Last edited:

I think this index is valid because the Nolanverse Batman movie franchise is over and there may be some other figures that HT might release in the future so Pirate making an index specific to this particular movie franchise is logical. That way others may see this index as a checklist of figures they already have or want to get because not everyone buys these figures for the character but for the movies or both.

DiFabio butt hurt he didn't think of it first :lecture

LOL!

Well, it's called an index for a reason, DiFabio.

(...)
I mean, what's next a designated/separate section for all things "Dark Knight Trilogy", removed from the DC comics thread?(...)

Man :1-1:, the funny thing is, that actually this poll:

New Section for HT Iron Man stuff only?

leaded me to say no, that wouldn't make sense as it's all Marvel, same as BB, TDK, TDKR are all DC and to help the guys in the marvel section I just thought it would be nice to make a sorted list of the specific threads:

1/6 Thread Index: Hot Toys - Iron Man 1, 2, 3 & The Avengers - Releases

Then I thought it would only be fair to make an index like this for lines with many releases in the DC section as well, which is this thread's first post.

I was also asked to make one for the Hot Toys Transformers, which I did with great assistance from a-dev and Intruder04 and an Alien(s) and Predators(s) thread, which is still WIP.

It's not about anybodies favourites but about lines with many figures.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, I agree there. Now Iron man is definitely a license that needs some sticky thread lists, maybe it's own section.

That Midas one really threw me. The Marvel section is crazy, I don't see how Mavel fans know where to go.

Unbelievable! Am I missing something here? Pirate included every release in the Marvel and Terminator indexes, including figures speculated about and those that haven't been announced yet, updated daily if necessary.

But in this index, he's acting like a dictator, making up fairytales as to why he isn't including the only remaining product links I took the time to find and create.

Now he's trying to extort me and the DC forum like a 5yo throwing a tantrum over being called an idiot, when he clearly is behaving like and idiot.

Power corrupts!

Last edited:

I already said , WTF is the point of these sticky threads?

All the threads are very easy to find on their own.

and what , no pictures to go with each link??

What is the Noobs don't know what each figure corresponds with their MMS Number?

I already said , WTF is the point of these sticky threads?

All the threads are very easy to find on their own.(...)

They might be easy to find for you but that doesn't mean it's easy for everybody.

(...)
and what , no pictures to go with each link??

What is the Noobs don't know what each figure corresponds with their MMS Number?

:lol I think even a newbie will be able to click the links to compare.

Unbelievable! Am I missing something here? Pirate included every release in the Marvel and Terminator indexes, including figures speculated about and those that haven't been announced yet, updated daily if necessary.

But in this index, he's acting like a dictator, making up fairytales as to why he isn't including the only remaining product links I took the time to find and create.

Now he's trying to extort me and the DC forum like a 5yo throwing a tantrum over being called an idiot, when he clearly is behaving like and idiot.

Power corrupts!

Really? Where's the Tobey Maguire Spiderman in the Marvel Ironman and Avengers figures index? Yes, you are missing something...you missed reading and understanding the title of the index.

Really? Where's the Tobey Maguire Spiderman in the Marvel Ironman and Avengers figures index? Yes, you are missing something...you missed reading and understanding the title of the index.

Every Hot Toys Iron Man and every Terminator, genius. Except the quarter scale figures, because that would be a bridge too far, we couldn't possible cope with that.

Thread title be damned. 89 Batman is essential to this index, as the rest of the other figures are in it.

It seems Pirate doesn't want to include them because he's not a fan of 89 Batman. Prove me wrong.

Batman 1989

-Thread Index -

Hot Toys - DX09 - Batman 1989 - Batman(Michael Keaton)
Hot Toys - DX08 - Batman 1989 - The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
Hot Toys -MMS170 - Batman 1989 - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS013 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN [Is there a specs and pics thread for this figure?]
Hot Toys - MMS140 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN DEMON & SCARECROW (HOT TOYS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EXCLUSIVE)
Hot Toys - MMS155 - BATMAN BEGINS - BATMAN/ BRUCE WAYNE (BATSUIT BEGINS VERSION) - (2011 TOY FAIRS EXCLUSIVE)

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS067 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN (ORIGINAL COSTUME)
Hot Toys - MMS068 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER
Hot Toys - MMS069 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMOBILE [Aka TUMBLER, closed thread.]
Hot Toys - MMS069 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMOBILE [Aka TUMBLER, 2nd release.]
Hot Toys - MMS070 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BAT-POD [Closed thread.]
Hot Toys - MMS071 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN (THE DARK KNIGHT COSTUME) [Closed thread. Is there an open thread?]
Hot Toys - MMS079 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER (BANK ROBBER VERSION)
Hot Toys - MMS081 - THE DARK KNIGHT - TWO-FACE/ HARVEY DENT
Hot Toys - MMS182 - THE DARK KNIGHT - LT. JIM GORDON (S.W.A.T. SUIT VERSION) - (2012 TOY FAIRS EXCLUSIVE)

HOT TOYS - DX01 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER
HOT TOYS - DX02 - THE DARK KNIGHT - BATMAN
HOT TOYS - DX11 - THE DARK KNIGHT - THE JOKER 2.0

picture.php

Hot Toys - MMS177 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BAT-POD
Hot Toys - MMS183 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BANE
Hot Toys - MMS184 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - TUMBLER (CAMOUFLAGE VERSION)
Hot Toys - MMS188 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - SELINA KYLE/ CATWOMAN

Hot Toys - DX12 - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - BATMAN/ BRUCE WAYNE

Hot Toys - ??? - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - "BAT SUIT CASE"

Unconfirmed:

Hot Toys - MMS??? - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - "DETECTIVE JOHN BLAKE"

Hot Toys - QS-01 - The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN 1/4 scale figure.

QS-01 The Dark Knight Rises BATMAN 1/4 scale figure

Last edited:

he said he would include them if he got an apology and that's more generous than the original rude kvetcher deserves.

no one should ever capitulate to a bully. period.

he said he would include them if he got an apology and that's more generous than the original rude kvetcher deserves.

:exactly: the thread shouldn't be changed, Pirate made it for the Dark Knight Trilogy figures, simple as that. There's way more of those to keep track of and some older releases that new collectors might want to check out but not know about. I really can't believe such a simple and well meaning thread has become so full of garbage from such idiots.

Every Hot Toys Iron Man and every Terminator, genius. Except the quarter scale figures, because that would be a bridge too far, we couldn't possible cope with that.
I see, now you're in charge of setting the perimeters of an index that someone else made?

Thread title be damned. 89 Batman is essential to this index, as the rest of the other figures are in it.
Essential? You might have a point if the title was "All Hot Toys 1/6 scale Batman figures"

It seems Pirate doesn't want to include them because he's not a fan of 89 Batman. Prove me wrong.

I've got no interest in proving anything to you. So what if Pirate doesn't like 89 Batman? The bottom line is he made this index, he gets to decide what to include in it. If people have respectful suggestions on how it should be, the MOST he owes them is a respectful listening of their opinion. He can respectfully listen to someone's suggestion and STILL SAY NO. Nothing is wrong with that. When someone says no to you in life, do you keep badgering them like this until you get the answer you want? It's the logic of a three-year old. You don't always get your way. Let it go.

Based on the relatively large amount of releases, Pirate saw a need for a 1/6 scale index of the Nolan Batman universe, where he didn't see one for the '89 Batman. If you noticed a real need for a comprehensive 1/6 scale Batman index incorporating everything, why didn't YOU create one before Pirate?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROS0B2q96Xo[/ame]

:exactly: :goodpost: Even if the complainers were respectful and Pirate still said no, he would be in the right. He said why he disagreed with their reasoning, and some accepted that and let it be. Others attacked him for it. Let them stew.

Whata mess.

Just got a word from Dave,all HT Batman related stuffs should be included. Also, please be reminded that insults and calling another member, such as "idiot" is infractable.

Cleaning up the thread now. Play nice, guys. :wave

Back