THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The special features for the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray have been revealed, and chief among them is the title of the next Marvel One-Shot: “All Hail the King.” Slight spoilers follow.

Nothing is known about “All Hail the King” at the moment, aside from its running time (some 13 minutes). But considering the short is coming on the Thor sequel’s Blu, and well, considering the events of that film, one would think that this could be a continuation of a certain story thread from The Dark World. But then again, Ben Kingsley has said that he’s filmed more material for Marvel as his Iron Man 3 character (the un-Mandarin, shall we call him?), and it had seemed likely that was for a Marvel One-Shot… so, basically, stay tuned for more details on what “All Hail the King” is all about.

In the meantime, here is the full list of extras for Thor: The Dark World, as per Bleeding Cool. These come from the BBFC (the British Board of Film Classification), but I’d expect they’ll also be showing up on the American release of the Blu-ray:

All Hail The King – A Marvel One-Shot
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 1)
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 2)
Exclusive Look – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Scoring Thor: The Dark World with Bryan Tyler
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Celebration Scene
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Jane Learns About The Aether
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Loki: The First Avenger
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Dark Elves Prepare for Battle
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Vanaheim Scene
Extended Celebration Scene Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Jane Learns About The Aether Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Loki: The First Avenger Commentary by Tom Hiddleston
Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki Commentary by Kevin Feige
Dark Elves Prepare for Battle Commentary by Kevin Feige
Gag Reel
Thor The Dark World (Feature with Audio Commentary)

It's due out on February 25,2014

Are there going to be special editions?
Steel book?

Pity the DVD will likely have jack **** on it besides the movie - & that's if I even decide I want it at all.

I reserve Blu-Ray purchases for absolute classics & must haves, which ain't much at the moment. :D

Does anyone still buy steelbooks? The market is flooded with them now.

I don't. I get the cheapest version of a movie (on BD) I can find. Usually buy them used on Ebay. A long time ago I got tired of paying more for extras I don't care about, with few exceptions.

Just saw this :lol

62958L.png

Does anyone still buy steelbooks? The market is flooded with them now.

Me. I've been collecting superhero movies (i liked) on Steel since 2011.

Thor TDW is only on 3D + 2D Steel which costs too much, so not sure if i'll get it, movie was alright but not worth the inflated price really

Last edited:
Biojex is going to freak. :lol

Bad *** Digest:

At this point I feel like Marvel is wasting their One Shots on home video. In the beginning that was where they belonged; A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to Thor’s Hammer and The Consultant are both minor nothing efforts. But once they got to Item 47 things changed, and last year’s Agent Carter upped the ante. And that ante has been upped yet again with All Hail The King, the Marvel One Shot included with the Thor: The Dark World Blu.

This short catches up with Iron Man Three’s Trevor Slattery in prison (Seagate, for those interested in the little nods to comics), where he’s living like a king. Because he turned state’s on all his Ten Rings compatriots he has a nice, private room, and because he’s famous he has a whole posse of fans who back him up whenever things in prison get too physical. He’s also the subject of a documentary, and the short shows what happens on the last day of filming when the documentary filmmaker reveals his true colors.

The short, written and directed by Iron Man Three co-writer Drew Pearce, is great. Sir Ben Kingsley gets a lot of space to play around in the Slattery character; he was used the perfect amount in Iron Man Three, and giving him more screen time here, in a side project, feels the right way to return to him. Kingsley is having a blast, delivering plenty of wonderful jokes and sinking right into the clueless, egocentric character who represents all of our worst stereotypes of actors.

If all the rest of the short - including major potential repercussions for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (more on that later) - weren’t enough, there’s an extended sequence showing the opening title of Slattery’s rejected 1980s pilot, Caged Heat, where he plays a KGB cop in Florida. It’s absolutely hilarious, and a note-perfect parody of cop show opening titles from the era. Also, it features a monkey drinking vodka.

As for the way it impacts the MCU… here be spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

All Hail The King also includes a cameo in the end credits that is great, and reminds you how rich this universe has become in just a few years. What I really appreciate about the cameo is the way it makes everything feel fun, like actors are willing to come back and do a day of work because they like the characters and the people making the movies. It was what thrilled about Dum Dum Dugan in Agent Carter, and it’s what makes this so nice. It reminds you of the feeling you got as a kid reading the Bullpen Bulletin, reading about the hijinks the Marvel writers and artists and editors got into when they were working together or playing softball against the Distinguished Competition. Sure, a lot of that wasn’t true, but the way it presented a happy family vibe is part of what also makes the MCU work as a larger concept.

But seriously, this short, like the two before it, is so good it should be seen on the big screen. Adding One Shots to the latest Marvel movie a couple of weeks after release could give the films a shot in the arm at the box office, giving fans a reason to see it again instead of waiting for home video (especially as the window shrinks). And these shorts are so good they deserve to be seen on a big screen with an involved audience.

Last edited:
Will there be a DVD Bluray version of this coming out? All I've seen is one or the other.

Just saw this :lol

Me. I've been collecting superhero movies (i liked) on Steel since 2011.

Thor TDW is only on 3D + 2D Steel which costs too much, so not sure if i'll get it, movie was alright but not worth the inflated price really

Same, I'm not going to stop just because they become more mainstream. :lol

Biojex is going to freak. :lol

Bad *** Digest:

At this point I feel like Marvel is wasting their One Shots on home video. In the beginning that was where they belonged; A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to Thor’s Hammer and The Consultant are both minor nothing efforts. But once they got to Item 47 things changed, and last year’s Agent Carter upped the ante. And that ante has been upped yet again with All Hail The King, the Marvel One Shot included with the Thor: The Dark World Blu.

This short catches up with Iron Man Three’s Trevor Slattery in prison (Seagate, for those interested in the little nods to comics), where he’s living like a king. Because he turned state’s on all his Ten Rings compatriots he has a nice, private room, and because he’s famous he has a whole posse of fans who back him up whenever things in prison get too physical. He’s also the subject of a documentary, and the short shows what happens on the last day of filming when the documentary filmmaker reveals his true colors.

The short, written and directed by Iron Man Three co-writer Drew Pearce, is great. Sir Ben Kingsley gets a lot of space to play around in the Slattery character; he was used the perfect amount in Iron Man Three, and giving him more screen time here, in a side project, feels the right way to return to him. Kingsley is having a blast, delivering plenty of wonderful jokes and sinking right into the clueless, egocentric character who represents all of our worst stereotypes of actors.

If all the rest of the short - including major potential repercussions for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (more on that later) - weren’t enough, there’s an extended sequence showing the opening title of Slattery’s rejected 1980s pilot, Caged Heat, where he plays a KGB cop in Florida. It’s absolutely hilarious, and a note-perfect parody of cop show opening titles from the era. Also, it features a monkey drinking vodka.

As for the way it impacts the MCU… here be spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

All Hail The King also includes a cameo in the end credits that is great, and reminds you how rich this universe has become in just a few years. What I really appreciate about the cameo is the way it makes everything feel fun, like actors are willing to come back and do a day of work because they like the characters and the people making the movies. It was what thrilled about Dum Dum Dugan in Agent Carter, and it’s what makes this so nice. It reminds you of the feeling you got as a kid reading the Bullpen Bulletin, reading about the hijinks the Marvel writers and artists and editors got into when they were working together or playing softball against the Distinguished Competition. Sure, a lot of that wasn’t true, but the way it presented a happy family vibe is part of what also makes the MCU work as a larger concept.

But seriously, this short, like the two before it, is so good it should be seen on the big screen. Adding One Shots to the latest Marvel movie a couple of weeks after release could give the films a shot in the arm at the box office, giving fans a reason to see it again instead of waiting for home video (especially as the window shrinks). And these shorts are so good they deserve to be seen on a big screen with an involved audience.

*runs to buy HT Mandarin*

Just saw this
Thought it was ok was expecting a bit more I guess

Wtf was with BDT at the end? It reminded me of some wonky snl skit

Just saw this
Thought it was ok was expecting a bit more I guess

Wtf was with BDT at the end? It reminded me of some wonky snl skit

he's supposed to be the collector....

i thought he was gonna sing bowie's space oddity at some point. :lol

Rarely do I find myself running out on release dates and buying movies at full price anymore. Thor 2 will be one of them though. Can't wait to see this one again.

I really thought was was just another dumb Nova post, but that line, "why does the elf man want to shoot magical kool aid into the skyholes" was freaking hilarious.

After that it got a little long in the tooth. Definitely has me excited about getting this on BR though. :yess:

Finally saw this since I missed it in theaters, it was pretty damn fun, I have no complains on the humor nor the story, it was weak but well executed, the action needed a bit more punch IMO, not destruction, just a bit more punch, I love how Marvel isn't afraid to go crazy, like that part about the hammer going back and forth cause Thor was going through wormholes, it was a nice detail.

And the end credits.... oh la la.

Back