THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'They've' already gone on record saying that any Hulk movies that don't involve a whole lot of Ruffalo as Banner is a no-go. They seem to

I also read it was more an homage to this:
journey-into-mystery-83.jpg

That opinion can change...

I agree that it was an homage to Journey into Mystery but the crowd was chanting "Korg" and he had shoulder straps just like that character.

Instead of Silver Surfer or (as in the cartoon, Beta Ray Bill), it could be Thor that ends up in the arena with Hulk.

That opinion can change...

I agree that it was an homage to Journey into Mystery but the crowd was chanting "Korg" and he had shoulder straps just like that character.

Instead of Silver Surfer or (as in the cartoon, Beta Ray Bill), it could be Thor that ends up in the arena with Hulk.

:goodpost:

Let's hope it does!

I just saw this last night. Fantastic movie. After watching the horrible trainwreck known as Man of Steel, the quality that Marvel brings really stuck out to me more than it might have in the past. Story made sense and developed logically. Character motivations made sense. Conflicts made sense. That was all refreshing. Beyond that, the scope felt appropriately massive. Acting was good all the way around. Direction and cinematography were all very good. The mid-credits scene was great for comic geeks.

This is just my initial thoughts, but I felt this was one of the better Marvel U films, and really one of the best comic films I've seen. I do not believe Odin is dead. They would make a bigger deal out of it if it was--I knew Loki didn't die in the film earlier because they didn't make a big enough deal out of it. Loki seems to still hold affection for him deep down. My guess is he's just being imprisoned somewhere.

Marvel better step it up before DC stomps all over them with justice league.
This really has to be the funniest post I've read in weeks, if not months. Good job.

So with all the talk of films having to double their money to be a hit and the studios not seeing much profits from over seas was this considered a hit? 170 Million to make, 188 Million domestic, 404 Million over seas

Looks like the production cost:domestic gross ratio for this one is pretty close to what it was for the first film ($13 million less in relative revenue, due to the increased cost of producing the new film). So if the first one was perceived as profitable enough to warrant a sequel, I'm guessing this one would be, as well.

So with all the talk of films having to double their money to be a hit and the studios not seeing much profits from over seas was this considered a hit? 170 Million to make, 188 Million domestic, 404 Million over seas

Almost 600 million world wide and growing. About 3.5 times the budget. It is definately making profit.

I saw that its opening beat the opening for the Avengers in China, and was more than the entire run of Thor 1 there. That's a pretty dramatic shift. I wonder if it's the impact of Avengers, or just better marketing, or something else. The fact that none of this movie seemed to take place in the U.S. may have contributed to that :lol

I just saw this last night. Fantastic movie. After watching the horrible trainwreck known as Man of Steel, the quality that Marvel brings really stuck out to me more than it might have in the past. Story made sense and developed logically. Character motivations made sense. Conflicts made sense. That was all refreshing. Beyond that, the scope felt appropriately massive. Acting was good all the way around. Direction and cinematography were all very good.

:exactly::goodpost:

I didn't even really notice the trailers for this one, and that could definitely have contributed to the take. After Avengers, I expected this one to do much better than the first film, but it did roughly the same. And I did think this was the better of the two! I also thought the scale and scope were a nice improvement from the first one, which had a lot to do with it taking place primarily on Asgard and the other worlds. When they were on earth, it was in London instead of some little town in the middle of nowhere.

I also really like Idris Elba, and the fact that he got more attention and character development here. I would go see a Heimdall spinoff in a second.

I watched man of steel for the first time on blu ray this weekend and although I thought it was a solid film it did make me realise just how good the product marvel is putting out really is, thor the dark world is prob my 3rd fav marvel film to date behind avengers and cap, and winter soldier looks like it might take the 2nd spot from the first trailer its looking boss

I just saw it- average at best. This freakin giant space event opening up over a major city and some electronic doo-hickey is suddenly good enough to stop the multi-world catastrophe. To make it even wackier it is the work of a half nutty mad scientist. This is getting really old folks. Yes and once again are you telling me NO other superhero(known or yet to be revealed) can get up from the couch watching all of this unfold on tv and help?
Yeah two jets fly in to attack. That's a logical show of force.
Awful.
The film does have strong points...Loki is unbeatable and makes the trite elves villians look like toddlers in the cosmic range of villiany.
Chris and Natalie are always good...Thor is a great hero always handled well. It's just the gigantic cliche-filled movie he is trapped in. No wonder Wheldon can't make all these films.
For the record I thought Avengers was stunning, and I really liked IM3 and think Cap 2 looks terrific, no freakin cosmic destruction crisis in sight there.

I just saw it- average at best. This freakin giant space event opening up over a major city and some electronic doo-hickey is suddenly good enough to stop the multi-world catastrophe. To make it even wackier it is the work of a half nutty mad scientist. This is getting really old folks. Yes and once again are you telling me NO other superhero(known or yet to be revealed) can get up from the couch watching all of this unfold on tv and help?
Yeah two jets fly in to attack. That's a logical show of force.
Awful.
The film does have strong points...Loki is unbeatable and makes the trite elves villians look like toddlers in the cosmic range of villiany.
Chris and Natalie are always good...Thor is a great hero always handled well. It's just the gigantic cliche-filled movie he is trapped in. No wonder Wheldon can't make all these films.
For the record I thought Avengers was stunning, and I really liked IM3 and think Cap 2 looks terrific, no freakin cosmic destruction crisis in sight there.
I think it was better than you're giving it credit for but I didn't like that the alien race was defeated by the professors devices either.

The special features for the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray have been revealed, and chief among them is the title of the next Marvel One-Shot: “All Hail the King.” Slight spoilers follow.

Nothing is known about “All Hail the King” at the moment, aside from its running time (some 13 minutes). But considering the short is coming on the Thor sequel’s Blu, and well, considering the events of that film, one would think that this could be a continuation of a certain story thread from The Dark World. But then again, Ben Kingsley has said that he’s filmed more material for Marvel as his Iron Man 3 character (the un-Mandarin, shall we call him?), and it had seemed likely that was for a Marvel One-Shot… so, basically, stay tuned for more details on what “All Hail the King” is all about.

In the meantime, here is the full list of extras for Thor: The Dark World, as per Bleeding Cool. These come from the BBFC (the British Board of Film Classification), but I’d expect they’ll also be showing up on the American release of the Blu-ray:

All Hail The King – A Marvel One-Shot
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 1)
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 2)
Exclusive Look – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Scoring Thor: The Dark World with Bryan Tyler
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Celebration Scene
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Jane Learns About The Aether
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Loki: The First Avenger
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Dark Elves Prepare for Battle
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Vanaheim Scene
Extended Celebration Scene Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Jane Learns About The Aether Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Loki: The First Avenger Commentary by Tom Hiddleston
Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki Commentary by Kevin Feige
Dark Elves Prepare for Battle Commentary by Kevin Feige
Gag Reel
Thor The Dark World (Feature with Audio Commentary)

The special features for the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray have been revealed, and chief among them is the title of the next Marvel One-Shot: “All Hail the King.” Slight spoilers follow.

Nothing is known about “All Hail the King” at the moment, aside from its running time (some 13 minutes). But considering the short is coming on the Thor sequel’s Blu, and well, considering the events of that film, one would think that this could be a continuation of a certain story thread from The Dark World. But then again, Ben Kingsley has said that he’s filmed more material for Marvel as his Iron Man 3 character (the un-Mandarin, shall we call him?), and it had seemed likely that was for a Marvel One-Shot… so, basically, stay tuned for more details on what “All Hail the King” is all about.

In the meantime, here is the full list of extras for Thor: The Dark World, as per Bleeding Cool. These come from the BBFC (the British Board of Film Classification), but I’d expect they’ll also be showing up on the American release of the Blu-ray:

All Hail The King – A Marvel One-Shot
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 1)
A Brothers Journey – Thor & Loki (Part 2)
Exclusive Look – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Scoring Thor: The Dark World with Bryan Tyler
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Celebration Scene
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Jane Learns About The Aether
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Loki: The First Avenger
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Dark Elves Prepare for Battle
Deleted & Extended Scenes: Extended Vanaheim Scene
Extended Celebration Scene Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Jane Learns About The Aether Commentary by Alan Taylor & Kramer Moregenthau
Loki: The First Avenger Commentary by Tom Hiddleston
Thor and Frigga Discuss Loki Commentary by Kevin Feige
Dark Elves Prepare for Battle Commentary by Kevin Feige
Gag Reel
Thor The Dark World (Feature with Audio Commentary)

Pretty obvious what it's going to be about…Trevor as King Lear…It WAS the toast of Croyden after all… :lecture

Back