Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might be passing on the Thor comic pf.

Only reason: it's thor, and he gets hella chicks... Dude's got to be prettier than that. And Thor is so powerful, he needs a more powerful pose.

I'd kill for the original PF top half pose with the bottom half being straight legs.

I do not think the first version is a failure, a few photos below of my copy to prove it, otherwise curious to see photos and not a presentation drawing to get an idea of this new PF!

dsc2379.jpg

dsc2381q.jpg

dsc2384d.jpg

dsc2226y.jpg

DSC_0094bis.jpg

Looks good there. The bare head is way better than the helmeted, really like it.

I think it's just harder to nail a human based statue. I think the comic stuff gets away with it more.

Case in point... look at Modern Thor

140407.1420445.jpg

Now this statue has gotten it's fair share of criticism... but most people dislike the sowrd EX and the pose. Excluding one person on here, and a few others many have not said anything about the head sculpt.

do you know anyone with amount of lines and crevasses in their laugh lines, under chin and cheek bones? If so are they under 65 years old? Have you ever seen a comic book that portrayed it like that?

But it can be easier to enjoy because comic art and statue art are open for interpretation. Now taking a persons face and eyes and adequately molding it can be tougher because it has to be more to the specification of the actual representation.

Having said that the Christopher Reeves protoype statue looks pretty good to my eyes. At least better than the original Thor. It's not as lifelike as the HT and we havent seen the final outcome, but if the final product of this Thor looks as good as the Reeves PF, or the Cavill Supes then I'll probably buy it.

tumblr_lt727pBFSJ1r4lmnho1_500.jpg

Deep laugh lines.

But I agree with you. Haha. If i do not get this it will be for 1 reason... That face sculpt. It's not bad, I just don't like it cause he is hideously ugly. Thor gets Sif, Jane, Enchantress... You don't do that, looking like this statue. Hahaha

Mine did... Before I sold the P.O.S.

No, I'm talking about the standard Besta cubes which have about a 22.5" (57cm) clearance. The helmeted Thor is approximately 24" (61cm) tall, so he'll fit in one of the tall Bestas, but not one of the standard cubes.

It's not bad, I just don't like it cause he is hideously ugly. Thor gets Sif, Jane, Enchantress... You don't do that, looking like this statue. Hahaha

tumblr_lsay8mTCCY1qzk32y.jpg

I see this as a more mature masculine face sculpt, the only thing missing is a beard.
Overall sculpt and presentation is miles ahead of the original, my opinion.
Still curious why SS didn't take an nrd for this, something to do with the frog maybe...?

Really?
You've seen a concept scetch, from the waist up, and know the sculpt and presentation.
You also said 'No NRD for this, something to do with the frog maybe?
Sure sound like you were talking about the comic version.

Looks like concept Art to me.

I hope not Col...but if it is and provided that the official proto can nail the likeness like in that pic then I'm adding this to the PO list. Sideshow have revealed that this piece will also be on display at Comic Con this month so the wait wont be too much longer :)

Really?
You've seen a concept scetch, from the waist up, and know the sculpt and presentation.
You also said 'No NRD for this, something to do with the frog maybe?
Sure sound like you were talking about the comic version.

Captain Col on the case, you're getting grumpier man!

tumblr_lt727pBFSJ1r4lmnho1_500.jpg

Deep laugh lines.

But I agree with you. Haha. If i do not get this it will be for 1 reason... That face sculpt. It's not bad, I just don't like it cause he is hideously ugly. Thor gets Sif, Jane, Enchantress... You don't do that, looking like this statue. Hahaha

LOL I'll see your deep laugh lines but raise you one ugly guys with power cant get chicks...

Screen-Shot-2013-10-17-at-12.50.14-PM11.jpg

:rotfl

I apologize in advance as I'm sure someone here has already said this... but on the question of what the EX would be... how incredibly awesome would it be if the EX was Light Asgardian Armor?

Back